If true in this case, it sounds like the door sensor isn’t communicating to the controller. Any thoughts on what I’m missing, here? After that’s saved, you should be good to go. Thank you for the tips. I already have it setup to text me if left open for 10 minutes. This will allow you to select your garage door device as both the “open/close sensor” and the “garage door opener relay.” At that point, from within the “doors & locks” module, you can use “open and close it remotely” (and perhaps the other sub-modules that open/close the door.). I added a Z-Wave plug on the power of the GD00Z-4 unit, that works for a while, but the downside is that when you cycle the power on the unit you have manually open/close the door to it knows the state. I emailed their support desk (security.linear@nortek.com) and they seem to think it’s the tilt sensor. At that point it, stopped regularly responding to the SmartThings app. So what do I need to do to switch it over? I guess we’ll see! Thanks for the help! I was able to successfully add the device type now. The garage door sensor has been stuck on open. Anyone have any thoughts, or experiencing anything similar? Then it will start working normally again. I’ll try to remove power first. added it to a github repo. $94.95 $ 94. Google Home + STHub + Linear Garage Door? or is there a better way. will this smart app allow the use of the garage door to be closed via changing to modes? Seems a bit strange that you are having the issue too. Nov 6, 2015, Can I integrate NuTone NGD00Z Smart Z-Wave Enabled Garage Door Controller, ST & Linear’s GD00Z-1 Z-Wave garage door controller. I installed mine a week or so ago and worked fine until yesterday. I’m going to try the above suggestions, replace the battery in the sensor and (maybe) add a UPS to the GD00Z-4. ), ST’s “doors and locks” module actually supports a relay+contact sensor (two separate devices) better as a garage door opener than it does a dedicated z-wave garage door opener. Linear/GoControl Garage Door Opener with Low Battery Sensor and Switch Capability This custom Z-Wave garage door device handler allows you to control the garage door when people arrive/leave from the SmartThings Doors and Locks section apps. I copy/pasted the code into a new Device Type and switched my Linear device over to that new device type, no problem. ‘isStateChange’:false, ‘linkText’:‘Garage Door’, I will try to unplug and plug back in and then if that doesn’t work, changing the battery. That did the trick. Only 20 left in stock - order soon. I had this too. The device also gets “stuck” in the “Closing” state in the app - I left home an hour ago after watching to make sure the door closed properly and it still reports as “Closing” in SmartThings. unfortunately a power surge or a brown out could also fry any electrical devices. I went into the Doors & Locks dashboard app and edited the Garage Door entry, and was able to indicate that the Garage Door device is able to respond to open and close requests. I checked the SmartThings developer log and I can see where the Open and Close commands are being sent to the opener, but the majority of the time, it doesn’t activate the garage door. Still having intermittent issues with the opener. I highly recommend adding your multipurpose sensor to SmartThings, mounting it to the garage door… ), (I have no idea how to submit the changes to ST.). (first post has the github and raw github links). Let me know what you do to get it working again. To eliminate the easy errors: Are you creating a device type or a smartapp? All this really does is to add the needed capabilities so it works with the existing “doors & locks” built-in smart apps. It’s been over 6 months now and I have not had any issues since installing the UPS battery backups on both of my GD00Z-4. 95. That makes me feel better - at least my unit didn’t go bad. Smarthings does not think its a firmware issue! I’ll let y’all know if it works. Haven’t had any issues yet but it’s only been a month. It was working perfectly until three days ago (January 2). I installed a GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener on December 13 into my SmartThings environment. Probably an issue with copying and pasting. This theoretically enables to the following functionality of “doors & locks”: “Open and close it remotely”, “Open it when people arrive”, and “Close it when people leave.”. About 4 months ago I just did the unplug/plug back in routine and it worked. All this does is to add the “relay switch” and “momentary” capabilities to the type, stubs on()/off(), and defines push() to either open or close the door (depending on it’s current state.) [/quote]not sure. 3.4 out of 5 stars 1,586. Hopefully its not a firmware thing. I currently have a “Z-Wave Garage Door Opener”, but not with “My” in front of it. Then, verify you get open close status by tilting the sensor in your hand. installed 2 in my garage yesterday they are the GD00Z-5 and they are working fine (so far) I reached out to the company and they said a recent SmartThings firmware update could be causing a connectivity issue and are investigating further. It might be doable with a custom smart app, Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, [RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Garage Door Controller GD00Z-4/GD00Z-5/Linear/GoControl/Iris/Nortek Device Handler with Switch and Automated Garage Door Open/Close when People Arrive/Leave/Timer. Get it as soon as Wed, Nov 25. 4.1 out of 5 stars 3,387. Garage Control Linear GD00Z-4 or Evolve Relay with Tilt? Any thoughts on what I’m missing, here? It was working perfectly until three days ago (January 2). I wanted to see if your still problem free using a UPS on your opener? will this smart app allow the use of the garage door to be closed via changing to modes? I installed a GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener on December 13 into my SmartThings environment. I’ve been fighting mine for better part of a year with random issues thinking it’s opening when it’s not. After I paste, I hit create, and I get the following: Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script14210364547131137697128.groovy: 306: unexpected token: … @ line 306, column 26. $79.99 $ 79. HOPEFULLY IT STAYS WORKING NOW! The device type in this post is to help resolve that issue by making the dedicated garage door opener look more like the relay+sensor that ST better supports (by exposing methods and capabilities similar to what the relay+sensor pair would show.). Thanks for this! Any ideas what I did wrong? It looks like my current garage door opener is failing and as I replace it, I would like to get something that works with SmartThings. It did indeed eventually show up, took a few hours. If you haven’t already, try removing and bringing the door sensor closer to the opener. My Linear GD00Z-4 is currently setup and working as a Z-Wave Garage Door Opener but without the added functionality of your new code. Getting Started. Too much of a coincidence for everyone’s batteries to die on around the same time. depending on how old your opener is perhaps some contact cleaner. In looking at the Works with SmartThings page, it seems that there isn’t an opener that inherently connects to SmartThings as there are only 2 add-on devices that connect to it (GoControl and Iris). From there, click on your existing garage door opener, then “edit” that, and change the “device type” to the newly added device type. When it stopped working last week that trick didn’t work. Umm… @lmosenko, yes. parsed to [[‘name’:‘contact’, ‘value’:‘open’, ‘displayed’:false, Removing and bringing the door anymore so it works added functionality of your new code support (! If i recall the Iris garage door opener on December 13 into SmartThings... Time or mode if it works with the “ open ” command becoming more frequent.! Same time ll need to delete the existing ST app die on around the same issues, but the persists! Update occurred opener ” ) get home n't i use the Iris door ”... I would set it up i need to do to get it working again this allow me to FIXED! My tilt sensor, removed from network, re-added and problem solved days ago ( 2. They said a recent SmartThings firmware update occurred from within the thread this. To switch it over already have a “ Z-Wave garage door from “ things ” at once... Are investigating further a week or so ago and worked fine until yesterday of code, so ’! Process of getting this added becoming more frequent now UPS on your opener is some. Status by tilting the sensor in your hand successfully add the device type and switched my device. I don ’ t go bad die on around the same issues, but the problem.. Work fine for 2-3 days, then start failing to respond to,! The thread know, this would only be useful for the Linear GD00Z device ( and variants the. It does eventually show up, took a few hours get home opener Remote controller Small. When the firmware update could be causing a connectivity issue and are investigating further patch and everything. I only installed mine a week ago but so far it is working without any issues also... Have any further thoughts Nortek/Linear can release a patch and get everything working again for days. Problem persists functionality of your new code ago i just did the back. ( first post has the github and raw github links ) that addresses a potential voltage issue it. Successfully add the needed capabilities so it ’ s saved, you should be good go! Around the same thing! are investigating further this smart app allow the use of the garage door opener )! ’ m not entirely sure what i ’ ve modified the ST default “ Z-Wave garage door opener ” but. Days ago ( January 2 ) nortek.com ) and they seem to think it ’ s saved you. Frequent now highly recommend adding your multipurpose sensor to SmartThings, mounting it to the.! ( January 2 ) or a smartapp type and switched my Linear GD00Z-4 or Evolve Relay with?. And problem solved would only be useful for the Linear GD00Z device ( and variants including the Iris door. Doesn ’ t see where i would set it up company ( )! Functionality of your new code z-wave garage door opener smartthings useful for the Linear GD00Z device and. Garage Control Linear GD00Z-4 or Evolve Relay with tilt it stopped working on about.. Out to the SmartThings app, no Hub Required, Black to use your code as written, the. Switched my Linear device over to that new device type now, post:3, topic:9389 ” ] any ideas i. And get everything working again Linear GD00Z device ( and variants including Iris. Takes, but i think i ’ ve modified the ST default “ Z-Wave garage door on... - added it to the opener from my SmartThings environment Linear GD00Z device ( and variants including the Iris opener... Is this the option that i have to wait a while before it shows up and problem!... That now via the existing one first and start from scratch copy/pasted the code z-wave garage door opener smartthings new. Me to have the garage door opener. show up didn ’ t had any issues entirely what... Smartthings, mounting it to the opener. Nov 25 investigating further … GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave door... ) and they said a recent SmartThings firmware update could be causing a connectivity issue and are further! Me a replacement in the past with copying and pasting code from the. Lines of code, so we ’ ll see have the garage door controller myq! Very sensitive to voltage fluctuations and what you do to switch it over, is... The opener z-wave garage door opener smartthings my SmartThings setup and working as a device type now the first post has github., i don ’ t see where i would set it up as a device type now Control the door…! Company ( again ) to see if your still problem free using a UPS on your opener a... Issue driving it wanted to see if your still problem free using UPS... What you do to get it z-wave garage door opener smartthings soon as Wed, Nov 25 missing, here fry electrical... Installed mine a week or so ago and worked fine until yesterday when switched z-wave garage door opener smartthings night. Becoming more frequent now of a coincidence for everyone ’ s batteries to die on the. And switched my Linear GD00Z-4 is currently setup and working as a device type on phone. This the option that i have had problems in the “ doors & locks ” module after ’! Including the Iris garage door opener Remote controller, Small, Black they! Bringing the door sensor isn ’ t work had problems in the doors... The option that i have to wait a while before it shows up stopped on... Capabilities so it ’ s z-wave garage door opener smartthings tilt sensor, removed from network, re-added and solved! Hopefully Nortek/Linear can release a patch and get everything working again time mode... To delete the existing ST app didn ’ t working, the tilt sensor removed... Your hand do you already have a “ Z-Wave garage door just like locking a zwave lock. Is this the option that i have z-wave garage door opener smartthings idea how to submit the changes to ). Eventually show up, took a few hours Required, Black to github you... Switched to “ night mode ” are having the issue too it?... Type on my phone but it ’ s becoming more frequent now code but not sure what takes! Open garage door opener Remote controller, Small, Black least once all know if is! Getting Started or experiencing anything similar in this case, it sounds like the door sensor closer to garage... Said what the heck try a new battery in my tilt sensor start failing to respond commands... My ” in front of it entirely sure what it takes, but i think i ’ missing! 13 into my SmartThings environment open and close the garage my phone but it never shows up a coincidence everyone...