As for Papa Johns, if dominos is a 1/10, than papa johns is a 1.25/10.. if that. Glad to see these out and great review Ryan. Waste the money and time! They're rectangular, and in early advertisements they claimed to be rolled out by a rolling pin, but their irregular shape sure looked hand-stretched to me. Papa Johns 1st, Domino’s 2nd, Pizza Hut a distant 3rd. Not too much impact on the onions. Additionally, anyone who likes a thin crust is getting duped because Dominos makes their money by giving flimsy crusts and charging full price. Not even worth mentioning separate from. Much to our surprise, it was very tasty, and surprisingly filling. I have not found such a restaurant in my adult life, but Pizza Hut’s Pan Pizzas (Meat Lover’s and Super Supreme) have always been there for me. Um, Papa Johns falls way short of quality pizza. Dominos is the cheap McDonalds-Coke-Subway-Wii. Thanks for a superb review with such helpful pics. on top of that, i think 7.99 is a bit much for a small pizza. But this looks really worthy! It says so right there on the box. View menu, find locations, track orders. J. Kenji López-Alt is a stay-at-home dad who moonlights as the Chief Culinary Consultant of Serious Eats and the Chef/Partner of Wursthall, a German-inspired California beer hall near his home in San Mateo. Comments can take a minute to appear—please be patient! I won’t order the feta and spinach ever again, unless I ask them to please hold the parmesan-asiago cheese. Please lol. Gift Card Giveaway Time, I wasn’t a big fan of the new Domino’s pizza, Fast Casual Review: Chicken Fingerz and Fries from Zaxby’s, So Good Blog/News Round-Up 9/21/11 | So Good, The Impulsive Buy » NEWS: Domino’s Artisan Pizza Is Perfect For Those Who Have a Fear of Circles, GrubGrade | GrubGrade’s 2011 Year in Review, GrubGrade | New Chicken & Bacon Carbonara Artisan Pizza from Domino’s, GrubGrade | Discussion: Domino’s Says “No” When It Comes To Artisan Pizza Customization, Design and Development of this Wordpress Theme by Josh Christopherson. Required fields are marked *. Sign up for Domino's email & text offers to get great deals on your next order. This is just my opinion, i’m a super health nut eatin 75% raw fruits/veg, but my ONLY addiction is Dominos. Giveaway: Thank You For Reading, McDonald’s Arch Cards Up for Grabs, Want to Try Little Caesars Bacon Wrapped Crust Deep! Though I see previous reviews mentioning that the pizza was cut into 6 pieces, ours was cut into 8, and worked out just fine. As a pizza snob and reviewer (see my reviews at Pizza Quixote), I am by nature skeptical of anything good from the big chains. has feta as well and is very good for mass production pizza! I liked the Spinach & Feta a lot and for a meatless pizza to impress me means a lot. But seeing that this is Dominos, it probably doesn’t matter because they likely use low-quality feta. Order pizza, pasta, sandwiches & more online for carryout or delivery from Domino's. Way to be on the spot. However, as far as chains go, Donatos blows Papa john’s, pizza hut, and dominoes out of the water. All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. Unfortunately, I don't think they're free-stretching in flour. These look good, and knowing Domino’s, I have to wonder if they’ll be adding more flavors based on initial impressions. My favorite pizza of all time was a hole in the wall joint when I was young (Captain’s Pizza?) I wasn’t a big fan of the new Domino’s pizza and they remained in that #2 spot for me. They also promise that every single Artisan pizza box will be signed by the employee who made it. And the OMG wasn’t because it was good, the parmesan-asiago cheese was SO overwhelming that it made the pizza taste terrible. The cheese was awesome and guey(sp? With that said, when you get Pizza Hut, you can’t be thinking “NYC style pizza”… but when holding it to a different standard, its been damn good for the last 20 years. Buon appetito! My favorite of the three choices. All balanced and baked to perfection on an artisan-style crust. Now, Domino's freely admits that they're not artisans. Someone needs to tell Dominos that the famous Pizzeria Bianco (a true artisan) let’s customers customize the pizza by adding toppings. Domino's Spinach & Feta Artisan Pizza is a rectangular hand-stretched "artisan-style" pizza that features alfredo sauce, feta and parmesan-asiago cheeses, fresh baby spinach, and onions. Some comments may be held for manual review. Your $7.99 Artisan Pizza is priced just about right and is meant to serve two (6 slices per pizza). The most you can do is ask them to omit an ingredient. Dear Domino's: Good work on what's actually a pretty darn good crust. I for one will be switching my business to a local pizza restaurant who offers artisan type crudts!! Salami would’ve worked better in pieces. That said, we certainly will give all 3 of those a shot and it’s good to see a chain reaching out a bit to rework their menu like that. I wanna see them do a pepperoni version of this. I really think they’re suitable for one person. Pretty sure the ingrediants of Dominos pizza come from China. Learn more on our Terms of Use page. Spinach & Feta: Alfredo sauce, feta and parmesan-asiago cheeses, fresh baby spinach and onion toppings. I have tried Dominos many times over the past 12 years and have always hated it. I thought feta was pretty out there for them, I would try it. That is the ONLY time, and drunk.. it could be worse, the cardboard soaks up some of the alcohol. Overall, these pizzas are small. Papa Johns is the weird Xbox third wheel. Mmmm, goat cheese. Now the bad news: There are three different pie options available. Your email address will not be published. The commercial where they say they can’t change the toppings because it’s so perfectly put together is bull. It looks like these crusts are stretched out onto an oiled baking sheet (you can tell by the bubble structure underneath), so rather than getting the nice dry, crunchy crust of good bread (or good NY or Neapolitan pizza), you get more of an oily, crispy crust, similar in texture to say, Greek Pizza, or the slices they make at the 99¢ shops in NYC. Find a good local place and patronize them, not the big chains. I’ll be trying that feta & spinach soon. They are rectangular (13″ x 9″) and there is more emphasis on cheese flavors and toppings rather than sauces and crust. Tuscan Salami & Roasted Veggie: Ideal proportions of salami, spinach and onions, roasted red and banana peppers, and a dash of oregano, all over a garlic parmesan sauce on an artisan-style crust. There are some who argue (myself included) that that makes these topped flatbreads, not pizza! (Then, confusingly in small print, it also says that they might be artisans). We reserve the right to delete off-topic or inflammatory comments. Jim: I agree 120% with your comment. I liked the garlic parmesan sauce, but overall, the Tuscan Salami & Roasted Veggie had too much going on. Papa Johns is by far the best pizza, Dominos is ok i do order from them sometimes. The feta looks burnt. Pizza Hut ranks third on your list? — a simple pepperoni pizza. Order pizza, pasta, sandwiches & more online for carryout or delivery from Domino's. I think the price is reasonable. Italian Sausage & Pepper Trio – GrubGrade: 7.50/10 (Good). The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science (based on his Serious Eats column of the same name) is a New York Times best-seller, recipient of a James Beard Award, and was named Cookbook of the Year in 2015 by the International Association of Culinary Professionals. […] GrubGrade reviews new Domino’s artisan pizzas. Thanks Carlos! So what's different about these new pies? I’ve tried two different pizza’s so far. Furthermore, these extravagant pizzas are no better than any standard topped pizzas. Spinach & Feta Artisan Pizza – GrubGrade: 8.25/10 (Very Good). That would be awesome – supposing they used decent quality ingredients. I would have like to have this pizza without the banana peppers and possibly a robust and spicy coating of pizza sauce. Please select the Tab Content in the Widget Settings. I was very disappointed to find out that Domino’s has made a corporate policy to not let you add toppings to their nrw artisan pizzas. Last week, Grub Grade revealed that Domino's is launching a line of artisan thin crust pizzas available in Spinach and Feta, Sausage and Peppers and Salami and Roasted Veggies.. Pretty good and just about the right size for a dinner and a few beverages. A couple months back, Domino's announced its new line of "Artisan" pizzas. I’ve had pizza from 100+ pizza places. Caught it when the bill came in. It tastes like thick oily piece a bread! Maybe like figs and goat cheese. Pizza-Hut is the gourmet BurgerKing-Pepsi-Quiznos-PS3 of the bunch. It seems a bit silly to me that Domino's, known for their ability to customize offers only three of these pies without the option of any customization at all. It's their normal "Robust Inspired Tomato Sauce," which is still too overcoooked, over-herbed, and over-sweetened.