Left it in the crock pot on low for 12 hours; bone basically removed itself for me. For the pulled pork brine, you’ll need water, apple cider, kosher salt, dark brown sugar, some of the dry rub (more on that in a moment), bay leaves, and red pepper flakes. Just wondering. When the liquid is at room temp (or colder) i add the meat, then add enough water to cover the meat. Thanks for the recipe! Remove to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until needed. Love this recipe, I’ve made it a couple times so far and like everyone else is saying rave reviews from all that eat it! I raise my own pigs on a small scale farm so we eat this often and people ask for my recipe all the time. All the guests loved the food, which made me an extremely happy hostess. But most of all, they love the memories made, shared and treasured and it’s all thanks to a meal shared together with loved ones. We just place it in the fridge to defrost and then reheat in a large pan with foil in a low oven or stove top with a little oil in the pan and a lid to keep the steam in so it’s juicy. That is so amazing to hear! It can be left in the brine for another 8-10 hours and then just set it in a pan with plastic wrap, not foil. Powered by Genesis Framework & Wordpress - Design by Thauna - Log in, This prizewinning pulled pork recipe only has, The ingredients are readily available in your local grocery store, This BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe with all the fixin’s can’t be beat! Tastes great right out of oven! Waking up in few hours to give this a shot. The key to making this pulled pork recipe a mouth-watering meal is the slow cooking time. I’m relatively new to the site and the YouTube channel, but love your stuff. Thanks. Otherwise, I think your plan sounds perfect! Can I cook two 7 lbs each at the same time in the oven? If i freeze this after shredding and tossing it with some of the rub, Should I bag in zip locks and pour some of its own juices over it so that it stays tender when thawed and reheated? Carrian likes a thick, sweet sauce or a, We recommend firing up the grill and making, to go with this Carolina pulled pork. Malcolm, this was a fantastic recipe. Thank you so much! ), I couldn’t read through all of them! We have found that 200 degrees is when it shreds the best and is the most tender. Hoping your technique will give me a bump. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours ( until well cooked and it shreds easily). Just get your cooker fired up and put your pork butt on – let it cook until the color is right on the outside and wrap it in foil. Sorry  Carrian. The recipe listed in the recipe card is a purely vinegar based sauce so it is really runny and delicious for drenching the pork in. Great recipe, I actually won a pulled pork cook off at work with it. Not a good time to be experimenting….. Do I need to pull money muscle early or will it slice and stay together at 195. Thank you very much for the feedback! Im doing my first smoke party today and im excited to do it. Popping it in the oven after being in the crockpot is totally the key to getting that crusty exterior. Usually if the meat is touch the side, it will get overcooked in that area. Or make it, rest it, cool it and place in freezer bags, or to be honest, we use this Foodsaver and just suck the air out and freeze pork for use over the next three months. This turned out soooo good, can’t wait to share it at the party tomorrow, 23 1/2 pounds in a huge roaster, after 8 hours when I got home I was going to switch the pan so that the sides weren’t touching, but they had already pulled away from shrinkage. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I spend my life cooking – mostly slow-smoked barbecue. Heat the oil in a saucepan set over medium heat. Entering my first competition at the end of April .we have a 275 drum made into a cooker we have cooked about 4 cooks on it . Heck, it is probably good. No, it should be fine. This will be my first attempt. Lay the flat side of the knife over the clove while holding the knife handle, then with the heel of your free hand carefully whack the knife against the garlic to separate the skin from the clove. Haha. I have a comp pork butt recipe but it’s always evolving to match the trends of the day. A smoker on its worst day trumps the oven every time. Inject pork butts in a 1.5-inch grid; inject as much que pork marinade as the pork butt will take. excited for the end results, thank you for this recipe. We haven’t tried it on a Big Green Egg, but we have tried it on the grill and in a smoker. Thanks for the feedback Barbara! Will come back with comments probably Monday. This is the first time making this and thank goodness I started to read the reviews again when I realized I made a mistake like another person and used apple cider vinegar for the brine and not apple cider. Hi Georgia! I was wondering. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us! Simmer gently, stirring, for 10 minutes until the sugar dissolves. Remove the pork from the brine and place it in a large baking dish, then pat it dry with paper towels. Hey! As far as toppings go, many people love to put coleslaw on top of the pulled pork sandwich. This was one of the best meals I have ever made! Otherwise, we recommend a Boston butt, which is half of the shoulder, the other half being the picnic shoulder. Roughly chop the clove then move your free hand flat across the tip of the knife and use a rocking motion to chop the garlic until it’s finely minced. We wish we could find out what he really thinks are the best and the worst of the places he has tried. Anyway, DEE-LISH. Also added a little liquid smoke to this; overall it was a hit! It was so succulent and everyone from the kids to the adults were asking for seconds and thirds!