Beef Stroganoff Casserole. In 9×13 inch pan combine beef, onions, mushrooms, thyme and beef broth Cover tightly with tin foil and bake for 2 hours or until beef is fork tender. Bring to a boil, reduce … Thanks so much! Do you think I could use cream cheese in stead of sour cream? UNITS: US. I do not recommend freezing this casserole because of the dairy and noodles I don't think it would work well. Thanks for letting me know! https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/.../148734/easy-beef-stroganoff-casserole I use this recipe for late nights from working and hungry family! I think I could do everything but the noodles and bread crumbs, then divide into small portions for one and freeze. We aren’t big on noodles in my house. Hi, Susan! Combine noodles and meat sauce. Yes, I think that will probably work. Combine hot cooked noodles and butter, stirring until butter melts. Yes, you can totally use fresh onion instead. . You could try re-heating with a little added water or broth but beware of the texture change. Cooking for a Smaller Family? My 13 year-old daughter who hates everything but Mountain Dew and chocolate, told me I could open up a restaurant with this recipe. My mum loves beef stroganoff so I am sharing this with her now! Even the uncooked noodles go straight into the dish -- no boiling necessary! To me, "easier" is not having to cook the noodles or beef before hand! I wanted to make sure it wouldn't curdle or do anything weird if I swapped. , Your email address will not be published. Meanwhile, combine the sour cream,Simply Better Gravy and cornstarch in small bowl and set aside. It's almost that time of year. . I want to sub the Alfredo sauce for cream of mushroom. Your email address will not be published. I like to make extra dishes to store in my freezer for quick meal nights. I tried your 5 ingredient honey garlic chicken recently. Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen in the foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. . Yum! 3 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! i made this, and love it, but use beef, and little of the pasta was dry, can i save it, and put cheddar cheese in it. It is definitely a "keeper" and a recipe I will use again. As usual, however, I didn't want to spend the time on a busy weeknight sautéing beef, boiling pasta, and stirring a sour cream sauce in a skillet. For a home-cooked, creamy meal, try this Classic Beef Stroganoff. Spray your largest baking dish (I used a deep 9 x 13-inch dish) with cooking spray. Thanks, Emily! Yes, I think that will work! Leftovers - the noodles will swell because they will absorb more moisture and liquid which will affect the texture, also the creamy sauce will thicken as it cools. Sign up for my exclusive emails and get this free guide! Tender steak, earthy mushrooms, silky sauce and cozy rice make this the perfect weeknight feast. I've never tried freezing this dish, so I can't say for sure how it would turn out. , Hi, Nicci! In lg, deep frying pan, brown hamburger, salt and pepper until done, breaking up. Cooking instructions remain the same. www.2wired2tired.com/beef-stroganoff-casserole-with-rice-recipe Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Now that's my kind of cooking. Stir in soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. . Remove any fat and gristle from the roast and cut into strips 1/2 inch thick by 2 inches long. With fall on the horizon and cooler air (hopefully) in the forecast, I had a hankering for Beef Stroganoff and I wanted to be able to share it with my own family. The potatoes will not do exactly the same thing, so you'd have to play around with the liquid ratio to get it right. Meat, pasta, veggies, all cooked together in one dish! Success! It feels like home and it’s oh so simple. You'll want to dice the cream cheese into very tiny cubes so that it blends with the rest of the casserole and you don't have chunks or blobs throughout. In general, the Alfredo would be a nice substitute for the cream of mushroom soup as far as the flavor goes, but the cream of mushroom soup is MUCH thicker than Alfredo sauce, so the texture/thickness of a finished dish will be very different if you make that swap. I'm glad that you like the recipe! Stir in the uncooked noodles, onion, meatballs, mushrooms, and garlic. 9 %, (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and kept warm, (3 ounce) can French fried onion rings, Paula Deen's Baked Beef Enchilada Casserole. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the chicken, Diana! Kudos to Blair for a different approach. Hi, Jessica! Thanks for letting me know. https://thebestblogrecipes.com/easy-beef-stroganoff-with-rice-and-cheese MAKE IT SHINE! Maybe! . Glad that you enjoyed it, Francine! I'm not 100% sure about how the sour cream will freeze. Oh, you are SO kind, Laura! Home » What We're Eating » Dump-and-Bake Beef Stroganoff Casserole, Lasted edited November 2, 2020. My mother is Russian, so maybe it's just a cultural thing? I did not even know about the mini meatballs, so thank you. « Introducing Simply Mailed: a Quick-Prep Meal Planning Service by The Seasoned Mom! Cut all of the ingredients in half and bake the casserole in an 8-inch square dish. Hope that helps! I haven't tried it myself, but plain Greek yogurt is usually a really great equal substitute for sour cream in recipes like this. The uncooked pasta absorbs the liquid as it cooks in the dish, and also releases starches that thicken the sauce. Instead, I borrowed the same flavors and ingredients from my mom's original Beef Stroganoff and transformed them into a dump-and-bake dinner that I could throw together in 10 minutes and then pop it in the oven. © 2017–2020 The Seasoned Mom     About     Privacy. They just blend into the casserole best. Easier beef stroganoff is 1/2 can mushroom soup, 1 bag cooked egg noodles, 1 pound cooked ground beef. . Thank you, thank you, thank you! lb lean steak, cut in thin … Hi, Kayla! Do you think this might work? This is definitely an easy weeknight meal! This recipe sounds easy and delicious. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25202/beef-stroganoff-iii https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/classic-beef-stroganoff Thaw and add noodles and bake according to directions. My mom always served it over egg noodles, but I'm sure that there are other folks who pair it with mashed potatoes, spaghetti, rice, or bread. Thanks to a few special tricks, this one dish dinner comes together in about 10 minutes, and it tastes even better than the original! However, I worry that the texture of the pasta would be weird after freezing, so this wouldn't be one of my first choices for a freezer meal. If you're like me and you feel pressed for time but you're not willing to forego a home-cooked dinner, then I hope that you'll give this a try. Here's the link to that recipe: https://www.theseasonedmom.com/slow-cooker-meatball-stroganoff/. Yes, you can certainly try adding some cheese and reheating the leftovers. Can I use fresh onion or dried onion instead? It sounds like we have the same goals when it comes to cooking for our families! Stroganoff is the perfect fall comfort food, made even more perfect by the fact that it’s quick and easy. Thanks, Kristy! Mix together, and then add in one 12 ounce carton French onion dip (I use Krogers brand) done. Hi, Erin! I have tons of other freezer meals that work really well on the blog, so feel free to search for those in the search bar if you want some other ideas (search bar is right under my photo on the right sidebar). You don't have to even heat up the soup because you are putting it into hot noodles and hot cooked beef. That confirmation email should be waiting for you in your inbox! Not only is that tedious, but just imagine all of the dishes that I'd have to wash at the end! https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/classic-beef-stroganoff Also, I don't find that the frozen onion is mushy when used in a casserole, because it would bake and become soft anyway. You may use steak, ground beef, ground turkey or venison. I say give it a shot in a small quantity first (so that you don't waste your ingredients if it doesn't work out). Bake for 30 minutes. This Beef Stroganoff Casserole is especially awesome because it feels like a meal and a side dish in one. Are you referring to a different recipe? I'd like to receive the free email course. It's warm, cozy, satisfying, and absolutely delicious! Beef Stroganoff Casserole, Easy Beef Stroganoff, 14 ounce package frozen fully-cooked miniature beef meatballs, thawed*. It's down-home, country-style cooking! I love this easy version, Blair! Spoon into prepared baking dish. We really enjoy them. Use hashtag #theseasonedmom. I think I need to make it again! 1 . Follow The Seasoned Mom on Instagram and show us what you're making! Make this Beef Stroganoff Casserole for your next weeknight dinner! I'm always looking for new easy weeknight meals! I agree! No, thank you. Then move on to the next step. I just don't want your sauce to curdle or break apart after freezing. This is one of my family's favorite meals.