1 Timothy 4:8 ESV / 13 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. Hebrews 12:11-12 (NIV) – 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Run in such a way as to get the prize. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. I ‣ They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Publication date: Aug 17, 2020. According to the writer of Proverbs, “Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.” (Prov. Ezekiel 37:6 (NIV) – 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. You are not your own;20 you were bought at a price. ‣ P The only challenge I have observed and noticed amount Christians especially the youth is some go to the gym for the wrong motive while some go for the right reasons. Mark 10:42 (NIV) – 42 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. OpenBible.info 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV) – 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? Bodybuilding Bible Verses. Recipegym.com © 2020. ‣ Then you will know that I am the Lord.’. Scary Bible Verses!! This leads to vanity hence you may end up making your body or shape an idol for others to lust after which is a sin. Acts 1:8 (NIV) – 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Topical Bible #Gratitude #Marriage And The Family #A Husband #Broken Hearted #Terminal Illness #Smoking Marijuana #Natural Disasters #Heartbreak #Asking For Help #Handicaps #Conflict. Exercising your body is showing appreciation to God for the body He gave us. So glorify God in your body. I will breakdown what I mean by that. Bible verses about strength but those who hope in the lord will renew their strength. ‣ Keep up the work. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lordlooks at the heart.”. Thanks for sharing. Proverbs 31:17 (NIV) – 17 She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. As you can see, the “heart” is pivotal part of the our emotions and will. These examples are why the Bible cannot be taken literally or out of context. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen … 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) : The Need for Self-Discipline – 24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? ‣ O N 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. ‣ ‣ “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. Philippians 3:13-14 (NIV) – 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. Therefore honor God with your bodies. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. C Blog, A I can do all things through him who strengthens me. 'BODYBUILDING' in the Bible... No direct matches for your keyword exist in the King James Bible. Visit the Bible online to search for words if you don’t know the specific passage your’re looking for. They my flesh and my heart may fail but god is the strength i can do all this through him who gives me strength he gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak i love you lord my strength. Use this scale to tell how popular the verses on this page are. Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NIV) – There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens, Ephesians 6:11 (NIV) – 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Lets take a look at The Apostle Paul writing to the Romans: Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. These are from the Gideon Bible.... Deuteronomy 3:6 And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. 12 Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. very nice publish, i actually love this web site, keep on it! V See the related verses below. It does not envy it does not boast it is not proud. 1 Timothy 4:8 (NIV) – 8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. U The Lord does not look at the things people look at. ‣ Going to the gym and exercising your body or lifting weight is no sin so I encourage all Christians to go for regular exercise and even yoga workouts. ‣ ‣ All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. B Bodybuilding in the Bible ... Motivational verses for weightlifting 7. Ronnie Coleman is hailed as ‘The King’ in bodybuilding. May the Lord bless his people with peace!” 10. Going to the gym and exercising your body or lifting weight is no sin so I encourage all Christians to go for regular exercise and even yoga workouts. Hebrews 12:1 (NIV) – Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. Search popularity is shown in blue using the scale below. 4:23 AMP). Even Billy Graham admitted to this in his last interview. This is a topic which is close to my heart… Thank you! 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV / 23 helpful votes Hebrews 5:14 (NIV) – 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. A good number of christian youths go to the gym because they want to attract the opposite sex or make themselves attractable. Ephesians 2:10 (NIV) – 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,which God prepared in advance for us to do. ‣ When it comes to purifying my heart and soul, I need to be conscious of the contents of my heart and mind and ensuring its free from sinful or evil thoughts, hence helping me to have a clear productive mind. 39 Bible Verses about Bodybuilding And Fitness. ‣ 1 Timothy 4:7 (NIV) – 7 Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. Very High: Search Popularity Scale Find Most Searched Verses. ‣ T Bodybuilders for Christ | My goals in life are to serve and honor the Lord, bring joy to my wife and others around me, improve in every area of life, and leave a legacy. Ronnie Coleman. G R Ephesians 6:12 (NIV) – 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.