Add remaining bar ingredients to bowl and mix well. I love healthy snack ideas like this simple plant based recipe. Pour the melted white chocolate mixture on top of the molded carrot cake bars. Equipment note: For shredding the carrots and apples, it helps to have a food processor with a shredding disc. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely. Step 1: Subscribe for delicious plant-based recipes direct to your inbox. (I know because my husband, another fellow carrot hater, ate practically half of this batch!). When the carrots get smaller, use the tamper tool to continue pressing them toward the blade, until the carrots are nicely shredded. In a food processor, puree sweet potato, carrots, coconut oil, and maple syrup together. While the bars are baking you can start working on the cashew cream. Slice the Carrot Cake Bars into 16 rectangles. Stir everything together, until it forms a thick batter. Additionally this blog may contain sponsored posts or links as well. Vegan Carrot Cake Bars. I hope you find some recipes you like . Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9×9 baking pan. And I know with all my heart, that even my vegetable hating father in law will love these. Slice the Carrot Cake Bars into 16 rectangles. Combine the white chocolate and vegan butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Oh, and of course tasty! 10. Bake a batch on the weekend and have a delicious breakfast or satisfying afternoon snack on hand for the busier weekdays ahead. I will eat this for the rest of my life! Combine the white chocolate and vegan butter in a large microwave safe bowl, Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir, repeat until thoroughly melted and combined, Pour the melted white chocolate mixture on top of the molded carrot cake bars, Set the entire thing in a cold refrigerator until everything hardens (1 hour) before cutting into approximately 16 portions. This simple dessert is healthy enough for breakfast and perfect for babies, kids and adults. I think making them again I would leave out the coconut, but that’s just my personal preference. While the dates soak, in a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed with 6 Tbsp water. 6. These contain no dairy or eggs making them vegan or good if you are working around an egg allergy. Want to save this recipe for later? Moist, spiced just right, and topped with a delicious  frosting. Promise you will love it. Step 2: Confirm using the email link you'll receive momentarily. I also love spending time with my daughter and being her mom is one of my biggest joys. Are you a raisins person or no? First combine dates and carrots in your food processor and blend ingredients together thoroughly, Then add pistachios, coconut flour, stevia, and sea salt into the food processor and blend ingredients together, You will likely need to scrap the sides of the food processor a few times to thoroughly combine the ingredients, Line a sheet pan or baking pan with parchment paper. Drain the water from the cashews that have been soaking and place the cashews in a high powered blender with all of the other frosting ingredients and blend until smooth. Place bars in fridge for at least 10-20 minutes for frosting to set. In life? Easter is a couple weeks away which means it’s carrot cake … Only 15 minute prep and about 25 minutes to bake with only 8 ingredients! Whisk with a fork and set aside to allow the mixture to form a gel-like consistency. Besides appealing to the taste buds of my family members who don't like vegetables, my goal was for for these bars to be toddler friendly. Topped with vegan cream cheese frosting or maple sweetened coconut whipped cream and walnuts. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir, repeat until thoroughly melted and combined. Not only are they beautiful, but they'll satisfy your cravings for dessert without setting you back on your health goals. How much baking soda would I need for the above quantity? Here are handy tips to keep your no bake oatmeal bars … The bars are so soft and melt in your mouth, but they won’t fall apart when you pick them up. Stir well until smooth. V EF. Thank you Hannah! This is known as a "flax egg" and serves as a binder in the recipe to help hold all the ingredients together. If I want a cake like texture, can I add baking soda? Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients: the date + applesauce puree, the "flax egg," ¼ cup coconut milk and ¼ cup maple syrup. These Paleo Vegan Carrot Cake Bars are easy to make and so tasty. In carrot cake? Lightly spray or oil an 8×8-inch glass baking dish (or use a non-stick silicone pan). Fold in flours, flax/chia, cinnamon, all spice, and sea salt. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ingredients in another, then combine and stir until smooth. I have not tried this using any other combination of flours so I can’t give much advice here. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir, repeat until thoroughly melted and combined.