Please attach your correct podcast, as I’d love to read the anxiety information as well. In fact, Chris Kresser in this fascinating video mentions that VOCs contribute to copper accumulation. Circadian Rhythm: Circadian treatment, so this means reducing your exposure to artificial light at night, like, not reading with your iPad right before bed or using the computer right before bed and then increasing your exposure to bright natural light during the day. It astounds me how deeply some ppl NEED and WANT to be sick. Good for you. Instead of waiting until the person gets sick, insurance companies must cover preventative measures. Neurogenesis is a misunderstood, misnomer. Amen is considered a quack even among the charlatan shrinks who sold you your bogus dx so they could keep you as a lifetime source of revenue. The Functional Medicine approach to depression involves identifying the root cause of the problem and treating it. And then where you can give yourself a little slack is with their Clean 15, which is the 15 fruits and vegetables that are less likely to have pesticides in them. I don’t care what anyone may think of this, I know my truth. Circadian treatment, so this means reducing your exposure to artificial light at night, like, not reading with your iPad right before bed or using the computer right before bed and then increasing your exposure to bright natural light during the day. If you ‘cure” your “bi-polar” disorder with diet etc., lets at least attempt to be marginally honest- you had gut problems, diet, and nutritional deficiencies, not “bi-polar” disease. It can be expensive to work with a practitioner like that. He sees a psychiatrist regularly and because of the drugs that he’s taking, he hasn’t been hospitalized in years. We’re going to be looking for a different psychiatrist, but I’m very interested in lifestyle changes that we can make to mitigate these side effects and to perhaps even eliminate or at least reduce the need for these drugs. You may be aware that I wrote an article back in 2014 called. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Exploring issues and controversies in the relationship between science and medicine. Welcome to another episode of Revolution Health Radio. Although at the beginning of the article the author clearly and methodically informs the reader about both practices, the article is not rhetorically effective because the author doesn’t give enough evidence to support his claim. Since when did stress send people crazy? Enjoy this content? And yes, lithium is a toxin. It’s just too funny to pass up. BAN the Fraudulent DSM as the junk science it is. I don’t intend to go back to that place where you will end up if you don’t take your meds as a impatient psych unit been there once for stopping my medications not going back there again. • Beyond that, every year 2.2 MILLION hospitalized patients experience serious adverse reactions to the drugs. Okay everybody, thanks for listening. I think Chris being a functional practioner means something other than trying to inform the world how bad the traditional medical field is. Inflammation and poor health are far too often the cause of those misdiagnosis. PCOS affects an alarming number of women, but nutritional interventions may help. Did Amen also tell you that watching an hour of comedy, painting a picture, playing in nature and lovingly taking care of yourself, had the directly opposite effect on the brain and healed you? I was diagnosed with stage IIIc colon cancer in 2003. I hate spam too. A recent article in the Atlantic on Bipolar Disorder featured a key discovery when scientists bred mice to lack a key gene in a pathway in the brain that seems determines how neurons grow and form connections developed bipolar disorder. He even offers a paleo detox program. Certain conventional treatments are not always successful and can be dangerous and more harmful than natural. My treatment plan has changed over the more than 25 years I’ve been with this p-doc as we learned about new research and how my body tolerates various treatments. So, when they see someone actually having an acute bipolar episode, they can measure those inflammatory cytokines and see that they’re elevated, “and a decrease in neurotrophic support…”, so there are changes that are happening in the brain that are not favorable, and then. If you see an endocrinologist and have your thyroid properly healed you get to move on with your life sans the occasional tweak here and there owing to hormonal fluctuations. By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy. But lets play along with that for a second because its so amusing…. I want to ask about my dad who has been on medication for bipolar disorder for decades now. Don’t let some con artist making a buck do your thinking for you. Because if he didn’t, he was really just trying to sell you something Yvonne. (I don’t recall ever seeing Amazon pages proffered as references before. Stopping these meds requires very careful titration. However the idea isn’t mainstream, and you’d be hard pressed to find a practitioner to prescribe them. Obviously whatever your doing now, is not working based on results. See Dr. Peter Breggin’s work on the same. Good luck. So, the idea would be to try to stand for half a day instead of sitting the whole time if you have a sedentary type of job and that can be done with a standing desk, or even a treadmill desk, taking walking meetings, walking or bicycling to work, lots of different strategies there. So what’s happening here? September 4, 2020, Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress. She is doing much better since she 1. supports her methylation with M folate, B6 and B12. Psych drugs cause suicidal and homicidal ideation as well as completion of both as per black box warnings and law suits, not to mention incarceration rates. I now know I was never “mentally ill”.. Unequivocally yes, if you line up the “symptoms” of “b-polar”, stress and overactive thyroid, you will see that they are almost IDENTICAL.