So obviously it's probably doing some heavy level driver stuff, and quite frankly it's a good thing that it makes sure the monitor is at 60hz so it's all in sync and is paced properly IF you can get that lock. Tip 3 – Tweak Dark Souls 3 basic settings. So if you have a 144Hz monitor for example, and the game locks the monitor to 60Hz and 60fps, even a rock solid 60fps won't be super smooth, because the monitor isn't running at it's native refresh rate. But again, I can't, and wanna have a properly frame paced and synced 48fps. Thing is I'm running a 1060 and want a locked framerate that ISN'T 30 at 1440p. So, what I thought of doing was locking it to 1/3 of my refresh rate, 48fps since the game never drops below that even maxed out at these key areas and it would mean a lock at a still quite smooth and responsive refresh rate. When will people understand that if you want to benefit from 144Hz you have to play game in 144fps... Well no shit sherlock, what I didn't know was that DS3 is locked at 60 fps. Thing is I'm running a 1060 and want a locked framerate that ISN'T 30 at 1440p. Όλα ... And by 144hz I don't actually mean running it at 144fps. help would be appreciated. But again, I can't, and wanna have a properly frame paced and synced 48fps. 60fps at 1440p though is too much for my card without disabling literally everything, and even then I still get drops at certain key areas. I just want to make ds3 run at 144hz instead of capping at 60hz. Όλα τα εμπορικά σήματα είναι ιδιοκτησία των αντίστοιχων δικαιούχων τους στις ΗΠΑ και σε άλλες χώρες. For ds3 it won't matter. specs: intel core i7-7700k nvidia geforce gtx 1060 3gb 16gb of ram hp omen 144hz 25" monitor Last edited by DarkACB; Jan 21, 2018 @ 1:41pm < > Upgrading monitors normally is a huge difference, but sadly Dark Souls III does nothing. I play on a 144hz monitor, and it isn't appreciably different in DS3 to my old 75hz. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. especially since alt+tabbing out of and into it isn't as smooth as in windowed mode and sometimes the game freezes, I think. 1 year ago. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America). Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. I find fullscreen mode only worse though. It is "bearable" but I really want a lock at all times. Only solution I can think of is going to Nvidia control panel and setting Vsync to "adaptive" and then using some 3rd party program like "Riva Tuner" and manually set your desired frame rate there.... No chance, the framerate is locked to 60fps because the Physics in this game ticks with 60fps too. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America). i have my skyrim modded and i know that adding an fps cap fixes the speed increasing. A community dedicated to everything about Dark Souls 3. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. © Valve Corporation. I personally found this out just a few weeks ago, but getting a 144hz monitor is a huge upgrade elsewhere and very much worth it. I'm well aware that the actual engine and physics are tied to the framerate and all that and can't go beyond 60 and that's fine. Dark Souls 3 144hz I dont want to unlock the framerate. DS3 is capped at 60FPS, so no, not really. DS3DebugFps - Unlock the frame rate in Dark Souls III For this mod to work properly, you must play in windowed mode which is why I have forced the game to run in a borderless window, it will stretch the game depending on your screen size if you play on ultrawide. All rights reserved. Dark Souls III How To Play On a 120hz or 144hz Monitor At the time of this writing Dark Souls 3 only supports a V-Synced framerate on PC.