Chocolate Orange Energy Balls are a great snack/dessert at any time of the year but I think they are especially delicious at Christmas time. Roll into balls — Once the ingredients have been pureed, form the date energy balls. Place on a parchment covered sheet and refrigerate until more solidified (because coconut oil can melt or soften at room temperature, you’ll need to keep these refrigerated so they stay together). Get excited! If you’re looking to get in a little more protein, I’d suggest adding 1/3 cup of protein powder to this recipe. Therefore, grocery shopping. Sister Maryam gifted me two large containers of Deglet Nour. I'm Alida, mom of twins and creator of Simply Delicious. They’re soft and contain just the right amount of each ingredient. However, superior to both is a species from Saudi Arabia. Your email address will not be published. Losing one’s temper can nullify the fast, therefore practicing self-restraint is imperative. Matcha can turn these bliss balls into little cacao energy balls that make for the perfect afternoon snack if you’re feeling tired. I’m hoping each one is closer to 67 calories! Join the HNL community and get the 5 Secrets to a Healthy Vegetarian Diet. The date, also the Date Palm, contains natural sugar, protein, and fiber. I really wanted to like this recipe, but it fell flat. Learn how your comment data is processed. Medjool dates (or fresh dates) are much more jammy in consistency so they add a lot more moisture to the mix. Could you sub a different nut for the peanuts? I used different dates so I needed a few tablespoons of water to make the mixture sticky enough. 20 g de noix de coco. Abstaining from food and drink delivers to the Believer a Serenity transcending hunger or thirst. If you follow my blog, you know that I’ve done a Whole30 challenge. You also want to use pure vanilla extract, if possible. Last updated September 9, 2020 By Elizabeth Lindemann   /  This post may contain affiliate links. I had almond on hand so used those and just pulsed in my nutri bullet, was so easy and delicious :). * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Subscribe to get easy, REAL FOOD recipes for BUSY PEOPLE, like you. Cocoa, date and oat protein balls are a great, healthy snack that feels indulgent and decadent but can be enjoyed guilt-free. And, they are the perfect healthy thing to contribute to a party or potluck. Everything about them is perfect. The departure of Ramadan juxtaposes sadness with a renewed aim. With almonds, cinnamon, honey & vanilla. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Dans un blender, mixez les dattes, les… Done, with contentment. Hi! Also, lemon-based desserts, and sarcasm. But I think you can use olive oil but you may want to chill the mix before forming the balls, or you could replace with some peanut butter or other nut or seed butter! , Your email address will not be published. (https://www.nutrition.gov/faqs). (The dates that come compacted into a block…) Trying to save costs Thanks! Cacao, Nut, Date, and Coconut Flakes combine to make a nutritious snack. Because it’s Middle Eastern Month!! Can’t find dried dates? Nicest energy balls I’ve ever made…by far!! These Whole30 / Paleo chocolate coconut energy balls are an amazing midday snack and energy boost! Place on a parchment covered baking sheet and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes, until they harden. Thank you so much for the recipe! They are sweet, decadent tasting, and energy boosting. Rolling the balls in coconut flakes makes them prettier and more delicious. Required fields are marked *. Add Easy Cacao Nut Date Energy Balls to your must-have list. Just made these, don’t have a food processor but worked just as well after I soaked the dates for a few minutes and chopped everything really fine. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe! Use almonds or walnuts. Here’s why: This recipe for chocolate coconut energy balls makes 16, so you can stock your fridge, and they are SUPER easy to make. This recipe has been added to your Meal Plan. Energy balls were all the rage in the health world a couple of years ago and they’ve stood the test of time… for good reason! These Chocolate Energy Bites are naturally sweetened with dates for a healthy snack. Being a plus sized Muslimah it, the Zainab Dress, fit me… “Choosing to Wear Abayas”. Ramadan serves as a benchmark for becoming a better Muslim, friend, spouse, colleague, or neighbor. Use 1/2 dried apricots and 1/2 dates!! You guys, what is happening with this year? Would that be the problem? I might try adding raisins and perhaps cinnamon next time. I’m a huge fan of healthy snacks. Because if a healthy snack recipe has a million steps and lots of prep work, chances are good that I’ll never make it. For example, Islam states a fasting person should abandon foul speech. The only ingredients that have to stay are the dates, oats and good quality cocoa powder. It says each one is 67kcals, which would be 6,700 each? Use high-quality ingredients — Because these tahini chocolate date balls are so easy to make and use so few ingredients, it’s really important that you use the best ingredients you can get your hands on. Loves you and happy weekend! You can use agave, honey or another alternative instead of the maple syrup, etc. Copyright © 2020 Bowl of Delicious on the Foodie Pro Theme. They are awesome! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. And even though I never feel guilt when eating chocolate (you only live once, you know? amzn_assoc_search_bar = "false"; amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe We try not to eat peanuts in the house cause my son is allergic. After about thirty minutes, you can transfer the energy balls to a container or plastic bag to keep stored in the fridge. (This sounds incredible to me!!! Try figs. Roll in shredded coconut — After you’ve formed the date balls, roll them immediately in shredded coconut. But these Cacao Coconut Energy Balls were a hit with the whole family. The mixture will start clumping together. If you’re interested in more matcha recipes check out this refreshing tropical green smoothie. It was delightful. Other than that, go crazy. Cashews will be delicious! Roll into balls — Once the ingredients have been pureed, form the date energy balls. A date palm from Tunisia. Required fields are marked *. Thanks. Learn how your comment data is processed. Hope you like them Cindy. If that’s the case, squish the date mixture between your palms to condense it as much as possible. They are really great little bites of goodness. Are you doing a Whole30 challenge? This allows the living enzymes to remain and removes … The mixture might be a bit crumbly and tough to roll at first. Easy Cacao Nut Date Energy Balls are delicious treats for Ramadan or any time of the year. These Energy Balls have both hazelnuts and cacao- giving it a healthy, but still delicious Nutella-y taste. Turn food processor on until very well mixed. Don’t like pecans? Thanks for this recipe. Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls (with Pecans and Dates). I didn’t have peanuts on hand or coconut so I threw in some hazelnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds. I made these tonight! To learn more about me, click here! Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. I will definitely be making them again. When making my own snacks, I like to keep things as simple as possible. If they were present and if in the mood, I ate them. I’m not even properly back into the swing of things yet and we already have to focus on this day filled with hearts and love and shmooziness? Nut allergy? All Rights Reserved. Fasting appears onerous to the uninitiated, yet despite its impressiveness, selecting nutritional foods lessens its burdens. Hemp seeds are another great topping choice if you want to add even more protein and fiber. Vegetarian v; Gluten-free gf; Dairy-free df; My tasty energy balls: date, cocoa & pumpkin seed. Fasting is good for the soul and body. You want all the ingredients to be very small, and you want there to be a good liquid to “stuff” ratio so that they hold their shape. These were the perfect little morsels to get me through the tough times. Add coconut, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt, and pulse until well combined. Super yummy.