She placed the cardboard bottom back over the bottom of the wood base, marked the holes with a regulator (you can use anything) and stapled the cardboard in place. It’s a mushroom ottoman, made from… Dollar Store Crafts » Blog Archive » Best DIY Week Ever! it’s super dangerous and you could loose a limb !”, Yikes! Search. I don't know how sturdy it will be, but for the top you *could* cut multiple decreasing circles out of pine wood  or MDF and then layer it up and out with foam to create the shape. It’s still not done. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It took forever to alter it to the way I wanted, then the paint finish I wanted wasn’t working out. So whimsical, so practical, and SO dang cute! Mushroom Ottoman Diy. Since there’s more material between two stapled sections than there is wood, you have to ‘ease’ the fabric. Now, the tricky part. I had a total rabbit hole project. As with all your videos you make me laugh! Then I covered the foam with batting to smooth out the  shape. I was thinking maybe a round trash can (or something similar) for the bottom, but for the top- I'm at a loss! Flower garden blooms burst open on a fun wool-blend ottoman that adds a lively touch to any room. For my daughter 3th birthday, I wanted to do a Woodland Fairy photo shoot theme. Red and white felt fabric. I’m not in danger of loosing a finger by working on it, I’ve just been dragging my feet. When the video was almost ready to publish I realized it was going to be too long, so I started cutting scenes, by mistake I cut the portion showing  the hinged lid and how it lifts up to provide storage inside … DUH, the whole point of spending a month hollowing the thing out. They are sturdier for sure. If you find pictures that belong to you without 'noted' source, please let me know. http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=973955&catId=HOME-KIDS&pushId=HOME-KIDS&popId=HOME&sortProperties=&navCount=75&navAction=top&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=060&colorName=RED&isSubcategory=true&isProduct=true&tabStyle=Info. which, if you don't already know, is an amazing blog. If you don’t quite get it, here’s a link to a little video I did a long time ago, but it illustrates how you ease fabric around a curve. Birthday, Crafts, PHOTOGRAPHY, PROJECT INSPIRATIONS, Fashion, PHOTOGRAPHY, PROJECT INSPIRATIONS. Then glue the base to the popcorn can lid. Poufs and ottomans are very commonly found in most homes. Whatcha Lookin’ For? Shaggy texture defines a circular ottoman that doubles as a coffee table, stool or oversized pillow. You’ll need: 1. Here’s the video from my Youtube Channel. Then glue gun the circles onto the mushroom head. I also admire DIY mushroom stools from wood. I posted this last night at 2AM…. I pulled out two options from my stash and she found the one she wanted to use. Please share your craft-tastrphies in the comments! Jan. 2015 I am a big fan of all things whimsical. The price ranges from $24.99 for a cushion and $ 100 for a stool. I tried to leave a comment on the YouTube video comment section but it wouldn’t let me I absolutely loved it and shared it on Facebook , Just found your incredible mushroom stump and can’t help thinking how clever you are! -needle felting supplies, can be found at your local yarn shop, Michael’s doesn’t stock the needles or the wool at least not at my location. Staple red velvet to the bottom of wooden base. She started by pulling the two short sides up and over the bottom edge and getting some staples in place. Coming straight from a Saturday morning estate sale, she asked if she could reupholster this in her Beginning Upholstery class. Exquisite button tufting gives the piece an elegant demeanor, as do mushroom taupe cotton velvet upholstery and turned birch wood bun feet with espresso finish. Mar 19, 2014 - Make this cute ottoman from a free tree stump and thrifted sweaters. Round wooden base from craft store. super super super cute! Martha made these one time and used a chunky piece of firewood for a cool, natural look. She was beaming. Beijos, Join my mailing list & get a free pdf upholstery tutorial, © 2008-2020. For my daughter 3th birthday, I wanted to do a Woodland Fairy photo shoot theme. At one point I asked on my Facebook page if anyone had tips for hollowing out a stump? 3. Find the perfect handmade gift, vintage & on-trend clothes, unique jewelry, and more… lots more. Knowing that I am very curious person, I gotta make my own Mushroom stool/ottoman/storage. Oh WOW… this is so adorable and original! To use as floor pillows around the house, in a dorm room or a kids' room. 8 Projects - […] a shot of woodland whimsy to your decor with a Mushroom Tuffet by Debi's Design […] I was thinking maybe a round trash can (or … Aug 25, 2020 - Explore Marsia Schuster's board "mushroom chair" on Pinterest. I'm just trying to figure out what materials to use for the basic shape. Love you, Free shipping and returns on Nordstrom 'Shaggy Pouf' Ottoman at Nordstrom.com. 8 Projects - […] a shot of woodland whimsy to your decor with a Mushroom Tuffet by Debi's Design […] Tags: mushroom, ottoman, stool, toadstool, DIY. The is how my brain works… Debi, think of a simple but genius project to do quickly so you you can catch up on that giant to- do list, over there in the corner. I love the felted wood polka dots too. 3. Cut some circles and do blanket stitch around the edge to prevent the felt from wear and tear. Jul 27, 2016 - Cheap Mid-Century Modernism Style Antiques for sale - Free shipping on many items - Browse mid-century modern furniture & mid-century chairs on eBay Learn how your comment data is processed. Parabéns!!! After it’s completely attached, she used a utility knife to cut off the excess. 28. Mushroom Ottoman That’s Cute as Can Be - […] presented this crazy cute piece of furniture on her blog, Debi’s Design Diary. Wrap the popcorn can with tree barks and secure with rubber band. !. Then, quickly get your staples in to hold it smooth, unwrinkled and snug around the bottom edge. She took the ottoman apart, painted the black base a glossy white and was ready to re-cover. ... How to Needle Felt a Mushroom Ottoman from a tree stump and recycled sweaters - Duration: 4:14. Nor does the. This is so cute…I can’t wait to get my hands on a tree stump! Kid’s Polka Dot Stool […] Primary Sidebar. West Elm offers modern furniture and home decor featuring inspiring designs and colors. Mushroom Ottoman That’s Cute as Can Be - […] presented this crazy cute piece of furniture on her blog, Debi’s Design Diary. Bobby worked on the stump like a banshee  for a month, chainsaw blazing, chisel, router  repeat, the work yard looked like we were in the middle of a sawdust storm. They are among the most versatile items you can buy for your home and there are a lot of different designs to choose from. Here is a link to something similar: http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=973955&catId=HOME-KIDS&pushId=HOME-KIDS&popId=HOME&sortProperties=&navCount=75&navAction=top&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=060&colorName=RED&isSubcategory=true&isProduct=true&tabStyle=Info. I don’t know why it’s not done, but you’ve inspired me. I seriously cannot believe you both stuck with it to hollow that thing out!! If you use scissors with faux fur, you’ll end up with a mess. Unstuffed pouffes are smaller, lighter. That was me. Whatever they use for the backing on fake fur, it allows  you to stretch the heck out of it. Jun 20, 2019 - Explore Shelley Holland's board "Mushroom stool" on Pinterest. Your email address will not be published. It’s because of their versatility. because it’s going to take a few days just to hollow this thing out”. You’ll need: 1. A square pillow. A square pillow. I bought my supplies at The Black Sheep, in Encinitas. Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. It wouldn’t take much time, so of course she could fit it in while working on her chair. See more ideas about Ottoman, Large ottoman, Home decor. Neither one of us had heard of this guy, but we both concluded the seller had no idea what he had just given away for a measly $5.00.