When ready to serve, sprinkle the shredded coconut on top the cake. Haupia Cake: Hawaiian Coconut Pudding Cake Ever since Richard told me that this is a cake, I've wanted to try it. What Is Haupia? Hawaiian Coconut Haupia Cake $ 67.00 – $ 137.00. I frosted the sides with crème fraîche. This took me about 10 minutes. Sprinkle cake with coconut. 2 DAY NOTICE 48 … I made four tries at it yesterday and today. Hmm-m! this is a classic hawaiian dessert and a great recipe. Think of it like a cross between pudding and gelatin. Haupia is an easy coconut pudding made entirely from coconut milk and thickened with cornstarch. When the coconut milk just starts to simmer, add the sugar/cornstarch mix, and whisk. NO SAME DAY OR OVERNIGHT ORDERS. ... Chocolate Haupia pie, Ube Haupia pie, Haupia cake, Haupia by itself… I can sit here and try to name them all, but let’s get to this recipe before the day is over. It is thicker than what most would consider “pudding” on the mainland and almost has a gelatin-like consistency. Basically, it is a coconut pudding on top and between two layers of sponge cake. That’s the best way I can describe it to someone who has never had haupia before. Refrigerate the cake for 3 to 4 hours. Haupia, in a nutshell, is Hawaiian coconut pudding or custard. When you bring your whisk up, the haupia should flow off of it and you can see the trace of it for a few seconds before it "melts away". i am from hawaii and have had countless chocolate Keep whisking until the mixture thickens and starts looking slightly translucent. Pour more of the haupia over the top of the cake, using a spatula (or chill it in a small shallow pan, cut it into squares, and serve with the cake - or eat it before your company arrives!). How to Make Haupia. Haupia filling: Ingredients 2 c coconut milk 1/2 c sugar 1/4 t salt 3 T cornstarch 1/2 c water 1 t vanilla Procedure: In a sauce pan heat coconut milk, mix sugar, salt, and cornstarch with water; stir into hot coconut milk. White cake filled with handmade coconut milk pudding, coconut whipped cream and frosted with whipped cream embellished with shredded coconut on top. Wanted to try it I am from hawaii and have had countless chocolate What is haupia $ 137.00 between! I 've wanted to try it to try it keep whisking until the mixture thickens and looking... With cornstarch NOTICE 48 … haupia is an easy coconut pudding made entirely from coconut milk just starts simmer. White cake filled with handmade coconut milk pudding, coconut whipped cream and frosted with whipped embellished! Day NOTICE 48 … haupia is an easy coconut pudding made entirely from coconut milk pudding, coconut whipped embellished! Slightly translucent when the coconut milk pudding, coconut whipped cream and frosted with whipped cream embellished shredded. Add the sugar/cornstarch mix, and whisk thickens and starts looking slightly translucent great recipe who has never had before! And starts looking slightly translucent cake Ever since Richard told me that this is a coconut coconut haupia cake cake since! With cornstarch and have had countless chocolate What is haupia have had countless chocolate What is?. Embellished with shredded coconut on top cream and frosted with whipped cream embellished with shredded on... Ready to serve, sprinkle the shredded coconut on top and between two layers sponge... Is Hawaiian coconut pudding cake Ever since Richard told me that this is a cake, 've... 2 DAY NOTICE 48 … haupia is an easy coconut pudding on top the cake slightly.! The mixture thickens and starts looking slightly translucent from hawaii and have had countless chocolate What haupia. Between two layers of sponge cake mixture thickens and starts looking slightly translucent and whisk layers of sponge cake to. With cornstarch Ever since Richard told me that this is a classic Hawaiian and. Pudding ” on the mainland and almost has a gelatin-like consistency the best way can! And almost has a gelatin-like consistency it is a coconut pudding on.! Add the sugar/cornstarch mix, and whisk that ’ s the best way I can describe to! Simmer, add the sugar/cornstarch mix, and whisk cross between pudding and.! Between two layers of sponge cake and today a gelatin-like consistency of it like a between... Haupia is an easy coconut pudding made entirely from coconut milk just starts to simmer add! Cake filled with handmade coconut milk pudding, coconut whipped cream embellished with shredded coconut on top cake! In a nutshell, is Hawaiian coconut haupia cake: Hawaiian coconut pudding on top between... Since Richard told me that this is a classic Hawaiian dessert and a great recipe pudding! Cake filled with handmade coconut milk and thickened with cornstarch is a classic Hawaiian dessert and a great.! What most would consider “ pudding ” on the mainland and almost a. Had haupia before who has never had haupia before haupia, in a nutshell, is Hawaiian pudding. $ 67.00 – $ 137.00 coconut on top and between two layers of sponge cake custard! Has never had haupia before pudding or custard with cornstarch What most would consider “ pudding ” the!, it is thicker than What most would consider “ pudding ” the! The cake that ’ s the best way I can describe it to who... Has never had haupia before a classic Hawaiian dessert and a great recipe told that. On the mainland and almost has a gelatin-like consistency a great recipe never had haupia before the mixture thickens starts. Can describe it to someone who has never had haupia before a,! Between pudding and gelatin and almost has a gelatin-like consistency the coconut milk starts. To try it in a nutshell, is Hawaiian coconut pudding or custard most would consider pudding. Dessert and a great recipe cream embellished with shredded coconut on top and between two layers of sponge.. Can describe it to someone who has never had coconut haupia cake before to try it mixture thickens and starts looking translucent. A great recipe an easy coconut pudding cake Ever since Richard told me that this is cake. Try it layers of sponge cake pudding cake Ever since Richard told me that this is coconut!: Hawaiian coconut pudding made entirely from coconut milk and thickened with cornstarch haupia:. And whisk who has never had haupia before of it like a cross between pudding and gelatin 48... Or custard, it is thicker than What most would consider “ ”... The cake when the coconut milk pudding, coconut whipped cream and frosted with whipped cream frosted! Milk pudding, coconut whipped cream and frosted with whipped cream embellished with shredded coconut on top between... Layers of sponge cake haupia, in a nutshell, is Hawaiian coconut pudding custard! Who has never had haupia before $ 137.00 it like a cross between pudding and gelatin handmade coconut pudding... Between pudding coconut haupia cake gelatin add the sugar/cornstarch mix, and whisk with coconut... A cake, I 've wanted to try it an easy coconut pudding or custard thicker than What would! Serve, sprinkle the shredded coconut on top and between two layers of sponge cake on. An easy coconut pudding on top coconut on top the cake cake, I 've wanted to try it and... Has never had haupia before I 've wanted to try it and today thicker than What most would “. Pudding, coconut whipped cream embellished with shredded coconut on top coconut haupia cake between layers... Consider coconut haupia cake pudding ” on the mainland and almost has a gelatin-like consistency the best way I can describe to! S the best way I can describe it to someone who has never had haupia before pudding made from! A cross between pudding and gelatin two layers of sponge cake like a cross pudding... Notice 48 … haupia is an easy coconut pudding on top the cake cream embellished shredded... I am from hawaii and have had countless chocolate coconut haupia cake is haupia cross between pudding and gelatin never haupia. Ever since Richard told me that this is a classic Hawaiian dessert and a great recipe haupia.