A bit less hardy than Garden Thyme, perennial French Summer Thyme will thrive in horticultural zone 6 and warmer but should be brought indoors in colder climates once there is a threat of frost. COVID-19 Status: We are currently still shipping orders daily. Thyme is a cornerstone of the classic French fines herbes. Excellent drying or freezing type. Box 638 Bantam, CT 06750. Hardiness zones: 6-9. Average seed life: 1 year. (OP.) Thyme is lovely with eggs, meat, chicken, fish, seafood chowder, traditional Dutch Pea soup and in Cajun cuisine. Johnny's selection of thyme seeds includes winter and summer thyme varieties as well as creeping thyme. Hi all, my overall shopping experience with Pine Tree Garden Seeds is awesome! Start indoors 6-8 weeks before last frost. Provide 65-75 degree soil temperature.Transplant 10-12" apart. Used in salads, stews, sauces, and pickles. I have not grown a lot of the seeds I purchased over the years, but I have had success with the ones I grew. 50 seeds, Seed Planting Depth: on surface, lightly cover. Seed Planting Depth: on surface, lightly cover. Plant produces very aromatic blue-green leaves with pale lavender flowers. 1000 Thymus Vulgaris, French Thyme Seeds-sometimes Called Summer Thyme,perennial Herb Make sure this fits by entering your model number. Sow outdoors in the spring 1-2 weeks before last frost, a few seeds every 2-3", thin to 10-12" apart. Seeds were washed away. The small starts I planted in my perennial garden became a lovely low, fragrant hedge, that I especially enjoyed each time I brushed against it while gardening. Planting. Open Pollinated. Perennial zone 5 -9. Perennial. 85 days. Thymus vulgaris. If your order requires more than one shipment and all items are shipping to the same address, there is no additional shipping charge. This variety is more greyer and sweeter then English Thyme. 50 seeds. Before Planting: Thyme grows very slowly from seed and after planting, germination can take up to 28 days. Provide 65-75 degree soil temperature. Starting Indoors/Outdoors: Start indoors 6-8 weeks before last frost. Uses:Culinary, medicinal, ornamental, attracts bees and beneficals. Excellent for poultry and fish dishes too. Used in salads, stews, sauces, and pickles. Transplant 10-12" apart. Germination: 10-21 days. Your input is very much appreciated. The upright stems with small gray-green leaves are very aromatic and said to be the most flavorful of all the thymes and the variety preferred by chefs. Excellent drying or freezing type. Starting Indoors/Outdoors:  Start indoors 6-8 weeks before last frost. ... Perennial and spring-planted bulb orders will arrive separately from seeds. Catalog #6245. Height: 10" to 12". and now in Petaluma, Ca. When seedlings are 2 inches tall, gradually acclimate to outdoor conditions and transplant clusters of 3-4 seedlings 8-10 inches apart. You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website. We offer over 1350 heirloom varieties, www.rareseeds.com. Just did not grow. If you don’t see an item you want you can always email us and we’ll see if we can bring it into stock! This variety is greyer and sweeter than English Thyme. Such tiny little seeds, never had a sprout! TO START IN THE GARDEN The plant produces very aromatic blue-green leaves with pale lavender flowers. Deer resistant. Perennial. Bee friendly. We had four inches of rain two days after planting. Thyme is best raised as transplants sown indoors 6 to 8 weeks prior to setting out (with as little root disturbance as possible) after the last spring frost date. This year we reduced our prices on many items, added new items, We only sell open-pollinated seeds: pure, natural & non-GMO! Thymus vulgaris. You can enter discount codes and calculate shipping on the checkout page, Notify me when this product is available: Add me to the store mailing list, Also known as Summer Thyme, it is hardy to zone 6, maybe zone 5 with some protection. Take time to review our impressive Online Seed Catalog. Sorry, we do not have a printed catalog to mail you. I highly recommend them to anyone. Cover seeds very lightly and keep evenly moist but not soggy until seedlings emerge in 14 to 21 days. One packet of about 1,400 seeds. Richard. Provide 65-75 degree soil temperature. It is generally hardy in zones 5 and higher, depending upon the variety and planting location. The famed culinary Thyme from France, it is higher in essential oil content than other varieties which means more and better flavor. French Thyme; French Thyme. We are located in Mansfield, Mo. Started in 1998 by Jere Gettle, as a means to preserve heirloom seeds. Planting: If planting from seed, begin thyme indoors and scatter the seeds on top of the soil and do not cover them or only cover them lightly. Sow outdoors in the spring  1-2 weeks before last frost, a few seeds every 2-3", thin to 10-12" apart. and have added additional bulk items by the ounce and pounds! Closely related to Garden Thyme, aromatic French Summer Thyme has more narrow, pointed leaves with a bit of a gray tint.