Articles are accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. She wore flowers in her hair and carried magic secrets in her eyes. Rise, shine and hold your head high." Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk. A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars. Friendships and flowers make for some of the very best sayings and quotations. – Ralph Waldo Emerson, “Hamatreya“, Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow. Black thumb and cutworm to the potted plant! Next. The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. Here's some of the popular advice from a sunflower quotations that can relate to friendship and how to become a close companion for someone special. After women, flowers are the most lovely thing God has given the world. I miss you like the sun misses the flowers, like the sun misses the flowers in the depths of winter, instead of beauty to direct it's light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world which your absence has banished me to. With all its radiance and warmth, a yellow flower can serve as a good choice to convey the feelings of companionship even during times of grief. Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower. All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that's like women too." | of sources. – Lady Bird Johnson. Be bright, sunny and positive to attract people to you just like bees to a flower. You may become the target of that arrow. "slot_uuid":"8a45a15e-f3b8-44cc-a4ef-a5c46e5edbc7" 40 Friendship Quotes to Dedicate to Your One and Only Bestie. 11 Motivational Quotes to Make You Feel Good Advertisement - Continue Reading Below. Friendships and flowers make for some of the very best sayings and quotations. These peaks will come again. This evergreen woody plant with its foliage of ivy geranium and trailing stems signifies the ever blossoming relationship between two friends, best. 4. When a seed is sown into the ground, you cannot immediately see the plant. All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today. What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have. ~ The Last Petal, "In a world full of roses, be a sunflower." ~ Unknown, Image Credit: Original image shared by Pixel2013 on Pixabay with a CC License. – Max. ~ Unknown, "Be a sunflower in a garden of roses, for the sun would always be on your side. I could walk through my garden forever.–Alfred Tennyson, 6. – Dr. SunWolf. Never make a well in the way of someone. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable. Proverbs 27:9 Posted in Facts on the Sunflower, Sunflower Quotations | Permalink Apart from friendship, yellow flowers also signify filial affection and sympathy. Marcel Proust, 2. Often likened to a miniature lily in appearance, this flower is popularly regarded as the symbol of devotion and friendship. Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words. There is something strange about them, at once vivid and secret, like flowers traced in fire in the phantasmal garden of a witch. Hi, I'm Marie. Some seem to smile; some have a sad expression; some are pensive and diffident; others again are plain, honest and upright, like the broad-faced sunflower and the hollyhock. Flowers have inspired many influential people to … – Ralph Waldo Emerson, Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine to the soul. Stay on the sunny side. ~ Miranda Kerr, "Life is better with a garden of sunflowers that stay loyal, strong and true rather than roses which look beautiful but hide cruel thorns." Everyone has many associations with a flower – the idea of flowers. It's all about creation and surprise. – Okakura Kakuzo, 7. Flower Quotes. Like wildflowers; You must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would. I miss you like the sun misses the flowers, like the sun misses the flowers in the depths of winter, instead of beauty to direct it's light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world which your absence has banished me to. ~ Unknown, "Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men and animals. People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us. A plant with big flowers typically resembling the shapes of quills and pompons, chrysanthemums stand for the virtues of sympathy, friendship, and trust. Additionally, as a springtime flower, Iris, unmistakably symbolizes the eternal promise of renewal, delight and transformation- some aspects that can be inextricably linked to friendship as well. Ralph Waldo Emerson, 8. The author O. Henry taught me about the value of the unexpected. I must always care for them with love so I can keep them forever. Spread seeds of happiness. Most sayings on sunflowers are positive and make ideal sentiments to add into greeting cards and to send to friends when they need some love, cheer and joyfulness sent their way. Without darkness, nothing comes to birth, As without light, nothing flowers. One of the most attractive things about the flowers is their beautiful reserve. Even the prettiest flower will die one day. Don’t let the tall weeds cast a shadow on the beautiful flowers in your garden. “Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow.”. [CDATA[ – Elizabeth Gaskell, “Wives and Daughter”. No wonder, they are frequently used as gifts in different festivities and special occasions to convey heart-felt remembrance, love and togetherness. No flower wants to be at home when it is raining outside! ~ Unknown, "Be outstanding in your field. Keep growing." Choose your friends carefully; I rather be picky than to pick the wrong friends. I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.