I was wondering if you have a recipe for pumpkin banana bread or how I could adapt this recipe? With this unique Vegan Healthy Pumpkin Bread, you can make your favorite bread with buckwheat flour. eager to try this! Hi Jill, I haven’t tried it, but I believe others have. If you love making, as well as eating pumpkin bread, and want to try a recipe that will be equally enjoyed by your kids. Butter (or oil) is a key ingredient for moist pumpkin bread. I prefer to use butter because of the flavor, but you can substitute coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil. Also, I watched the video this time, and it was so fun, Kate! Your version sounds delicious (and easy)! Hi Kristine, I’m glad your substitution worked, Megan! . I know several readers use a conversion chart, or if they cook from my blog a lot, actually use US cups. I added about 25 mins onto the baking time until my toothpick finally came out clean. I checked and it was cooked. Secretly, because you’d never know it… this bread is moist and sweet, with the best pumpkin spice flavor. Success! Hi there! I’ve never baked with dry yeast before. (Keeps good up to 6 months) Defrost on the counter for a few hours when you’re ready to use it. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. , I would love to try this recipe. It’s definitely not as common, but it really is amazing! Thanks! When I first started making bread, I kept it in the fridge, but then I found out it dries your bread out and makes it go stale! After finding this recipe for Pumpkin Yeast Bread I read all the reviews and decided to adjust some of the ingredients. We love this bread. All Rights Reserved. I cooked pumpkin with its peel with a little water. The leaves on the trees outside look tired, so I think we’re in for a show soon. This recipe is definitely different but completely delicious! my kids loved it. Thanks! Read my disclaimer.*. You can double this recipe to make two loaves of pumpkin bread. Thanks for sharing, This bread sounds so yummy and would have been perfect yesterday when I had a pumpkin craving! It has special ingredients of pumpkin pie spice and coffee granules. I am a NASM Certified Nutrition Coach. My wife makes all of our bread as well, so I just sent it to her! , May you and your new born (and of course, your family) be blessed Kristine. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan using nonstick spray or coconut oil. Hi, I’m sorry this one didn’t work for you. I love all of your recipes! I had no problems with the rising at all. After starting I realized I have nothing to measure with so I eyeballed it. The spices were just right and it was an easy one bowl recipe. Thank you, Blair! I’ve used it for both sandwiches and toast! 1/2 tsp coarse salt Also, I love pumpkin recipes. Glad that you have settled the arguments with your brother, well worth it:) I wonder if a measurement was off or your pumpkin was extra watery. Sorry it didn’t turn out! Your comments make my day. Hi Ana, Thank you for your comment. This sounds like amazing sandwich bread – especially for turkey sandwiches or even morning toast with butter. The batter is quick and easy to mix up with just one bowl, a whisk and a spatula. I upped the yeast to 1 Tablespoon based on some of the comments. PUMPKIN baby! This has a cream cheese filling that really complements the pumpkin spice flavor of the bread. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Voilà, an alt-flour that's both time- and cost-efficient. Will sure try it out. I would try using a gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour such as the one made by Bob’s Red Mill, instead of the whole wheat flour. I made this bread yesterday and it came out wonderfully. Do NOT substitute coconut flour. Amazon has some pretty inexpensive bread boxes that I know work great! With an egg-free mixture, this recipe has coconut oil and apple cider vinegar as secret ingredients. Hello! Your email address will not be published. You saved Pumpkin Yeast Bread to your. For bread with the best texture, be careful not to over-bake or under-bake. What is the measurements of the pumpkin, not using canned…a cup, two? You could try baking a little longer. See our, Please let me know how it turned out for you! I think that should work. Up the spices if you like a more bold spice flavor. Made with the goodness of orange juice and the kid’s favorite chocolate chips. Your kids are surely going to relish slices of this bread. You had me at “warm spices.” This sounds amazing! This bread looks so light and fluffy. I can’t wait to try this! Can’t get enough of applesauce and want to try a recipe with applesauce as an ingredient? This recipe is highly adaptable to special diets, and I’ve added notes for adjustments under the recipe. I added a banana and subtracted the milk and it turned out great! Light, fluffy, moist, but just tender enough to be cakey/bready and perfectly delicious. The rest I followed exactly. Thanks! Your spices are spot on, and I used Organic Maple Syrup as the sweetener. Check the bread starting at about 35 minutes and cover it loosely with foil if the top is browning too quickly. 1/4 cup brown sugar When pumpkin season rolls around, I always stock up on canned pumpkin, but I use it for one recipe, and I need to find a way to use up the rest. Thank you! I’m sure you will love the finished results! Can’t wait to try it! My family also loves it and they aren’t exactly fans of healthy stuff. It is made with unsweetened applesauce and honey. and, caloric content as listed? I was trying to make it healthier but still have lots of delicious flavors! I wanted banana bread, but was out of bananas and I knew I had pumpkin in the pantry. Store it in the refrigerator for five to seven days, or in the freezer for up to three months or so. Please try again. Bake for 40-55 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out just clean. I have a bread maker so I’ll try it in there. TIA. Thanks so much for writing back to me! The amount of pumpkin is the same whether you use canned or homemade, 1 cup of pumpkin for this recipe. Be careful it doesn’t burn! I tweeked it and turned it into low carb by using Majic maple syrup, allulose, and a keto flour mixture (1 cup wheat gluten,1/2 cup oat fiber, 1/2cup whey protien and 1 cup almond flour- I make this in bulk and use in place of flour). Hi Julie! With an emphasis on pumpkin and yeast, this bread would match very nicely with pumpkin ale- something currently in season and available in abundance right now. Pumpkin season comes only once a year (and time seems to be going by more quickly lately), so we want to eat as much pumpkin bread as we can, as often as we can, before the season passes. I am surprised because the whole house smelled so delicious while it was baking. I used honey and went down to a scant 1/2 cup. Check out this healthy pumpkin bread recipe of Whole Wheat Pumpkin Applesauce Bread.