A good use for leftover chicken. Honeydew is known as the sweetest of all the melons when ripe. This salsa recipe uses an unusual combination of ingredients - melons, onions, jalapenos, etc. It's best in summer because there is better fruit. You can substitute other melons, papaya, pineapple, mushrooms, or water chestnuts for the grapes or the honeydew melon. Slice the honeydew into 1″ chunks and spread out on a baking sheet. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Honeydew Recipes. Prosciutto, Melon, and Balsamic Vinegar Bruschetta. A creamy pickle relish dressing deliciously complements this unusual shrimp and fruit medley. https://www.delish.com/food/news/g1769/honeydew-melon-recipes I made it up after an afternoon outside with a friend. Use our recipes with honeydew to make the most of your melon. This is fruit marinated in Malibu® rum and cream. Once frozen, put the chunks in the blender with the lemon juice and sweetener. There were a big hit at my girls night, and my toddler can't get enough either! Serve fruit kebabs with vanilla-honey yogurt dip. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. This refreshing fruit salad is great with BBQ's. Hope you enjoy. Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I have rave reviews each time I serve it. There's nothing like a nutrient-packed green smoothie to say cheers to your health! A refreshing chilled soup with honeydew melon, lime juice, and coconut milk is great for hot days. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. —Lynda Mohan, Scottsdale, Arizona. Really great spring drink. This thick and creamy, fresh fruit smoothie will satisfy your sweet tooth without stretching your waistband! I often saw these bites on restaurant menus and thought about how simple they must... Green is my favorite color, and this refreshing salad with grapes, cucumber and kiwi is... Make this refreshing summer treat when melons are ripe and flavorful. Looking for honeydew recipes? Fill It. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. This smoothie featuring watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew is very refreshing on hot summer nights! The melon can be chopped bite-sized to be a salad or side, or smaller to be used as a relish or condiment. This works well also with Crenshaw melon. Use the sweetness of honeydew melon to prepare refreshing smoothies, pops and more. In a bowl mix low-fat yogurt, honey and vanilla extract. Soy milk or rice milk can be substituted for the almond milk if necessary. 1. Honeydew melon adds sweetness to this refreshing summer soup made with cucumber, avocado, and jalapeno. This is for the juicing community. Wash, Slice and Peel! Also changing the yogurt flavor will change the taste as well. We think this is even better than the original! Put the taste of summer in your salad! If you enjoy something sweet and subtle flavored, you may enjoy this A perfectly sweet honeydew makes a mouth-watering salad or drink in the heat of summer. Fruit can be chopped smaller to be used as a relish/condiment or left bite-sized to be a salad/side. Honeydew can be used to make daiquiris, sorbet, and many other delicious drinks. It can be informal or formal. This recipe is fast and easy calling for only 3 ingredients and producing an interesting, fresh preserve in under half an hour. Make 4 to 48 hours ahead of use, and keep refrigerated until eating. A simple lime... Strawberries and cucumbers together—I just love this combination! This can be served as is or with a dollop of whipped cream. Use … This is a recipe where you can substitute ingredients to what you have in your kitchen - have fun! Use reduced-fat coconut milk to make the soup even lighter. Enjoy melon by itself for a taste just the way nature intended. This cooling and naturally sweet smoothie makes a great snack or breakfast. This dish is also great for a change of pace on the brunch buffet! But, what to do with an unsweet honeydew or one that’s unripe? Has a cool spring flavor to it. This is a great snack to make for any gathering. I made this with about half the sugar and that was plenty sweet for me." © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. A cold soup of honeydew and blueberries. This one is great when melons are in season. For summer BBQs, this is a great side dish. The orange dressing on this salad complements the fresh fruit flavors beautifully. Recipe: Cold Honeydew Melon Soup Wrap It Up. All the fresh greens of the herbs and melon of this easy side dish are refreshing to both the eye and the palate! The zing of the pineapple plus the kick from the lemon and salt take these melon pops to a whole new level. Put it in the freezer for 4-6 hours until frozen. … Refreshing and healthy salad perfect for summertime. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Home Recipes Ingredients Fruits Melons Honeydews. Balls of honeydew melon are wrapped in prosciutto and fresh mint to make a fancy appetizer with few ingredients. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Also great when eaten with fish, or even as a topping to a salad. The sweet of the honeydew balances out the zip of the red onion, the coolness of mint, and finally the slight saltiness. But, what to do with an unsweet honeydew or one that’s unripe? Use our recipes with honeydew to make the most of your melon. This drink is a perfect drink for a hot summer. I... All the flavors of the popular mojito cocktail are featured in this fantastic salad. This is a recipe that my aunt made for me not long ago, and you can pretty much make it your own by adding your favorite fruits or taking out what you don't like. My mom is Filipino and this is a drink that she makes often during the summer. I serve this refreshing dish between courses or as a delicious dessert. I gave it this name because the surface foam, before you stir it, looks just like traditional party punch with the green and orange swirl. A refreshing drink that everyone will love. The food coloring is the final touch that makes this almost indistinguishable from the name brand version. A perfectly sweet honeydew makes a mouth-watering salad or drink in the heat of summer. Honeydew Recipes. In a blender, purée honeydew melon, sautéed jalapeno, honey and white pepper. A cold, no-cook soup packed with fresh vegetables! Home Recipes Ingredients Fruits Melons Honeydews. It is very delicious and a great way to cool off in the summertime. Imagine these fruity pops cooling off your day. This is a unique combination of fruit and vegetable items that makes a good side dish to a grilled meal. But, what to do with an unsweet honeydew or one that’s unripe? All of your favorite fruits, lightly sweetened, served in a watermelon 'bowl'. Use reduced-fat coconut milk to make the soup even lighter. Wrap slices of melon with prosciutto (ham) for a delicious appetizer. I'm always asked for the recipe. cucumber, lemon juice, honeydew melon, extra-virgin olive oil and 12 more Shrimp Aguachile Tostaditas Cacique fresh lime juice, canola oil, fresh cilantro, crema mexicana agria and 14 … In a blender, purée honeydew melon, sautéed jalapeno, honey and white pepper. Allrecipes has more than 40 trusted honeydew recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. Thread cubes of melon and other favorite fruit on bamboo skewers. Also great for a change of pace on the brunch buffet! We used to eat a lot of... My cool honeydew and cucumber smoothie has only five ingredients.