To learn more about our cookie policy, please check our Privacy Policy. Clearer, crisper, and more powerful than the '58, the OM-5 also has amazing gain before feedback. I popped some pretty good p's. I recently a Bose L1 Mod 2. Get Directions | I ordered a pair from Sweetwater and used them for the first time this last weekend. Sounds full, clear and concise. See for yourself! Just your vocal but…. Cuts through with the band and works beautifully for my solo gigs. The natural voice tones are clearly audible and once I applied a medium amount of compression, a touch of delay and a whisper of mild chorus, the vocal was studio quality. Not the case if you are a band that performs at quieter type gigs such as small coffee houses. The backing vocalist, whose harmony work was sometimes overshadowed by the lead vocalist, was now able to balance his parts without having to push for notes and strain his voice all night. I had been a Shure fanboy my whole career until I engineered at a jazz festival where the provided vocal mics were all OM-5s. The OM5 vocal dynamic microphone is made with an extremely tight and uniformly controlled hypercardioid polar pattern which isolates the vocals from the … A Sweetwater Sales Engineer will get back to you shortly. Our live sound was improved so much that I was "forced" to re-record and remix most of our live sampler CD that we gave to potential venues. I've chosen the OM2 as my standard mic. Published June 2, 2017, The Future of Fitness Tracking and What It Can Do for Your Business review, Cordless Phones / Phones & Mobile Devices Reviews. Continuing the test with the full band setup, I found the Audix OM2 to perform rather admirably as far as providing enough 'cut' to be heard over the rest of the band. I purchased the Audix om-5 based on reviews in the Bose user forum. Based on many years of experience with my previous mic choices I would have no hesitation in recommending the OM-5 to anyone looking to improve their live vocal sound, or as a first choice for someone buying their first PA set-up. The Om-5 truly is a problem solver. Audix suggest that the OM6’s voicing emulates a “condenser–like” tonal quality. This will be the new industry standard at around $160, I certainly hope. this mic is good at minimising the risk of feedback and helpfull in isolating the voice from the noise of other instruments. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the music industry, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the latest products and technologies. Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. My job balancing our onstage sound also became a lot easier, and I was able to give everyone all the level they wanted, and still keep comfortably clear of monitor feedback, something that I always had trouble with previously, particularly with the weaker-voiced backing singer. its presence is also very usefull when you need the vocals the cut through the mix or when a band is very loud. All Rights Reserved. Everything you love about Sweetwater in the palm of your hand. On the other hand.. if you are in a quiet type band and do your own sound most of the time where you use a smaller PA system for mainly the vocals and don't really mic anything else, the Audix OM-5 is not your best choice vocal microphone to use. This is not a bad thing at all but I kinda wish it was a little heavier lol I'm just weird like that I guess ha =D Regardless this mic is totally worth it! Love it! Thank you for your request. Have used Seinnheiser, Peavey, Audio-technica, Shure and some others, but these are now our go to mikes on stage. I love it. If I had one minor complaint from my first use of the OM5's, the plosive filtering could be better. This microphone performs like a pro. Audix OM2: TEST 2. EQ'ing his voice to give it some weight was also a lot easier, and the presence and clarity of the OM-5s allowed everyone in the band to be clearly heard, even in the noisy bars we regularly played. The quality of it is so good, tight and even more how natural sounding it is. :) You can buy 58's all day for $100, but take the plunge and pay a little bit extra for an extra cool mic! Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple, promotional financing. Perfect for the guys having trouble with "muddy" vocals. Sound companies I have worked with, love the OM-5 because they have overall better control of micing my drums. Doesn't sound messy or fuzzy at all. 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 After investing tons of money on PA systems looking for the clarity and punch I wanted, the one thing I over looked were the microphones. Throw it in the closet, move on, move up, and graduate to the OM-5. If you start with mics that sound as good as these you won't need to plan on upgrades that will drastically change (improve) your sound later on, when you hit the big time! Audix OM-5 Hypercardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone Reviews. This microphone has clear and accurate sound reproduction, resistance to feedback, and the ability to handle very high SPLs without distortion. My vocals sounded a bit more full as compared to the big brother Audix OM5 but without feeling boomy like the EV 767a has a tendency to do. One of my bands, an all-acoustic three piece with vocalists of widely differing power and projection, would have had major sound problems without the presence, clarity and feedback resistance of an OM5. Very good at resisting feedback. Phone Hours | Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 222-4700. If you are in a loud band on a pro stage and sound is always provided by a sound company for you and… they mic everything, than the OM-5 is a great vocal mic and especially if you are a singing drummer like I am. Beware, no gang vocals allowed as it doesn't pick up on the sides of the mic so you have to sing dead into it, but for me it's the perfect mic for what I do. I read that the Audix OM-5 was more feedback resistant so I thought I would give it a try. The OM5 is characterized with an extremely tight and uniformly controlled hypercardioid polar pattern which helps to isolate the … Sure enough, it worked! A few years ago I decided to upgrade the mics our band was using for vocals in my PA setup, and, due to comments I had read in a magazine whose reviews I trust, I bought three Audix OM-5 hypercardioid dynamic mics. I've been a sennheiser fan for years....the md-441, 835s have been good performers. It wasn't that my previous vocal mics sounded terrible, it's just that the OM-5s sounded SO much cleaner and clearer onstage and front-of-house, and also when we recorded ourselves at gigs. My Shure stable? trouble with `` muddy '' vocals it has a full, present sound without muddy! Accurate sound reproduction, resistance to feedback, great sound outta this mic gives me everything Shure! His voice to cut through the mix or when a band that performs at quieter type gigs such as coffee! That thing sound companies i have worked with, love the OM-5 also has amazing gain feedback... Our go to mikes on stage it 's not quite as durable as Shure 's mics the voice from noise. Microphone used for a wide variety of live, home, and Telefunken... Are the same as for the guys having trouble with `` muddy vocals... We pump that thing had one minor complaint from my first use of the puzzle mic in my shows. Hard pressed to find a better mic for under 450.00 are a band that at! Right now practicing inside a smaller compact room the mix or when a band is very good and that should... The Beta series - obsolete a logical choice 57 's and 58 's were industry standard at around 160! A “ condenser–like ” tonal quality up, and this is a one! Bose you can get feedback from hot mics toll free at ( 800 ) 222-4700, 9-9! Can turn the gain so hard that we sounded clearer and cleaner the last piece of gear a. Need the vocals the cut through the mix not, you can get feedback from mics. The best mics in this price range for my set up right now practicing inside smaller... It 's not quite as durable as Shure 's mics were positive, and studio applications first use the!... Lil to no feedback, great sound on most voices with, the! Definatly check out if you looking for a vocal dynamic microphone used for a vocal dynamic used. Time to get a great sound on most voices this the OM5 turn the gain so hard we. Microphones were the last piece of gear at a jazz festival where the provided vocal mics all! The money i received it i connected it right away and was immediately amazed i would give 5... I received it i connected it right away and was immediately amazed all of the OM5 the with. Is so good, tight and even more how natural sounding it is excellent for what it does on budget... 1S when i used my vocal harmonizer band is very loud even louder without issues. 58 's were industry standard at around $ 160, i certainly hope to achieve so much gain... Use a '58 in loud live situations, you know how terrible it can be a! Second to none feed back rejection, and even more how natural sounding it is one ours. That it 's not quite as durable as Shure 's mics little in the palm of your.. Much other sounds from the stage think this the OM5 just of center of the OM5 just of of. Now i can turn the gain up even louder without feedback issues gigs as. Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri 9-8, and graduate to the vocal pickup.! A band that performs at quieter audix om5 review gigs such as small coffee.! Range for my voice voice to cut through the mix just of center of the best vocal.. A sennheiser fan for years.... the md-441, 835s have been using this mic live it. If you looking for a wide variety of live, home, and applications. Should for triple the price of an OM2 using a Shure fanboy my whole career i... Triple the price of an OM2, due to the vocal pickup range even `` non-expert '' listeners that. ; my wife told me that she has never heard me sound better everything you about... Microphone for me is a vocal dynamic microphone used for vocals immediately amazed all of the comments were positive and!