Leave the other 2 whole. So much in fact, we’ve already been trying to entice the season with a perfect frozen dessert that will go perfect after a hot summer day. Total Carbohydrate Cover the cake if freezing for longer then a couple of hours. This Oreo Ice Cream Cake makes for the perfect no-bake dessert during the warm summer months. Scoop the strawberry ice cream onto the sandwiches, then spread evenly with a spatula until the sandwich layer is covered. I needed a quick and easy birthday cake and fast! I’m not a total failure though! Enjoy! Squirt an even layer of whipped cream over top. Arrange 3 ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of the pan (may need to cut one in half). Don LOVES ice cream sandwiches, y’all! Please try again. https://www.food.com/recipe/3-ingredient-ice-cream-sandwich-cake-66404 All Rights Reserved. With this recipe, you simply layer store bought ingredients. 11.4 g December and January are generally very busy anyway, but this year has been exceptionally busy! - If you can't find hot fudge sauce, any chocolate topping sauce will do. Then I popped that in the freezer and we enjoyed a delicious ice cream birthday cake that evening. Freeze the cake at least 30 minutes or until serving. You can garnish the cake any way you like or leave plain. Sprinkle half of the crushed Oreos on top. 16 ounces frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed Scatter with 1/3 cup chopped Oreos or Malted Milk Balls. Using a knife, smooth out the cool whip and spread it cover any parts that might need a little extra. In a large Ziploc bag, crush 12 Oreo cookies with a rolling pin. Top the ice cream sandwiches with 1/2 the tub of cool whip and spread to cover completely. Layer the ice cream sandwiches on top of each other in the pan (into 2 layers). It doesn’t get much easier than that folks! Pour crumbs into a small … - Can be kept in the freezer for 5-7 days, well covered. 6 Ice Cream Sandwiches. Last Updated: May 13, 2020 This post may contain affiliate links. Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2" loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing extra to hang over the sides of the pan. My Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is the easiest cake you probably aren't making, but should be! Top with the remaining cool whip to cover completely. Ice Cream Sandwiches. Add a layer of ice cream sandwiches in a pan, 2. Add the remaining ice cream sandw… 7. This will help the cool whip squish down the sides. I saw it in Woman's Day magazine and they called for using Whoppers candy, but I used Oreos in mine. Crush Oreo's in a food processor or blender. It’s one of those simple recipes that I almost feel silly posting, yet truthfully – most people don’t think of making it. These should cover the bottom of the pan like in the picture above. And covered the top with the rest of the whipped cream. … Copyright ©2020, Real Housemoms. Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is the easiest cake you probably aren’t making, but should be! Smothered them with a 1/2 tub of whipped cream…. Let’s just say my wife of the year award is in jeopardy and leave it at that! We buy ice cream cakes from time to time, yet like my Blueberry No-Churn Ice cream recipe, I’m here to prove that it’s simple to make these types of recipes from home! - 8 oz Whipped Topping, thawed and divided, - You can use homemade whipped topping or store bought. https://www.myorganizedchaos.net/2020/04/oreo-ice-cream-sandwich-cake I’m happy to report I didn’t forget his birthday which happens to be just 2 days after our anniversary. For short distances, transport straight from the freezer still wrapped, and keep it in the shade. Normally, I am all about fresh ingredients all the way, but when life gets the upper hand I’m not above using some cheats here and there to keep my sanity! It could not be more simple, and sometimes the easiest recipes are indeed the best ones. I'm the chief cook, bottle washer, recipe developer, photographer, writer, social media crazy person, and founder of Life Tastes Good. Cook time is for the 6 hour freeze time (but it may not take the full 6 hours for the cake to freeze firmly). Freezer burn on an ice cream cake is possible, and you want to avoid that. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least an hour until firm. This makes a delicious dessert that looks great! Repeat and you have the perfect sweet treat that could not be easier! I’m committed to getting families back to the dinner table one simple recipe at a time! Unwrap the other 3 ice cream sandwiches and cut one in 1/2. 6. Ice Cream Sandwich Cake to the rescue! Read my disclosure policy. I'm the wife of the luckiest man in the world (hehe), and mom to our amazing daughter who left us with a very empty next when she went to college. I’m mom to two great boys and married to my best friend! Another great example is this fantastic Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake. It’s simple to make and so delicious! BUT, they are a wonderful staple in making you very own easy ice cream sandwich cake. But seeing as I forgot our silver anniversary I thought I maybe should make a little more effort than that, so I took 3 ice cream sandwiches and fit them into a parchment lined loaf pan…. Repeat layers 2 times, garnishing top with a few larger chunks of Oreos or Malted Milk Balls. 3 %, (6 1/2 ounce) can chocolate whipped cream, cup chopped Oreo cookies (or chopped Malted Milk Balls). Top with softened ice cream, spreading it smoothly over the sandwiches. MOMhood is not for the weak, welcome to my chaos ... Read More. Especially when they turn out this delicious! The layers for this Easy Homemade Ice Cream Cake are: To assemble, simply layer the above twice and freeze before serving. I could have put a candle in a stack of ice cream sandwiches and he would have been happy as a clam at high tide! I spend my time developing recipes that my family and friends will love and then I share them with you! I’m pretty sure he is going to want this cake every year for his birthday! Add melted butter and then press on the bottom of a 9x13" pan. | Lil' Luna The layers of ice cream sandwiches, Oreo cookies, and whipped cream is chocolaty, sweet, delicious, and only takes about 10 minutes to assemble! The hardest part is waiting the hours of freezer time, trust me. Place a layer of ice cream sandwiches into the bottom of the dish, breaking them as necessary to cover as much of the pan as possible. How long can you keep an ice cream cake in the freezer? You can store for about 5-7 days, well covered, to keep its flavour and texture. I definitely needed easy for my husband’s birthday this year! The best part is, it takes just 4 store bought ingredients. That’s a nice bonus!! When I say ‘well covered’, use an airtight container or multiple layers of plastic wrap or foil. Allow to thaw about 10 minutes before serving. This recipe is similar to all other ice cream cakes. If transporting a longer distance, you could place in an insulated bag or cooler, with some ice or ice packs added to the bottom.