Education, entertainment, and community. Legendary Creature — Human Wizard : Draw a card, then discard a card. Flavor Text: "People's thoughts just come to me. If there are five or more cards in your graveyard, exile Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, then return him … Vanguard Card of the Day Archive – Pojo.com, Saikyo Cardfighter R on Cardfight!! Constructed: 4/5 Reviews Below: David Fanany Player since 1995 I have to say, I’m a little […] If there are five or more cards in your graveyard, exile Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, then return him to the battlefield transformed under his owner's control. Let’s start with the flip condition: have 5 or more cards in the graveyard when you resolve his effect. It’s always great to go out on a bang. Almost all of our creatures are clone spells, which can make things interesting. In that time we have created more than 8,000 videos with over 3,000,000 views, written hundreds of articles, organized dozens of events, hosted podcasts, streamed on Twitch, and raised money for charities. He can also help us push through our creatures by putting combat in our favor instead of having the board locked up. Having a [c]Snapcaster Mage[/c] on a stick is wonderful and is definitely the best part of him. Its going to be difficult churning through an opponents deck five cards at a time. 1 Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy. If you have any comments or suggestions, let me know in the comments below. Daily Since 2001. We’d be happy to link back to your blog / YouTube Channel / etc. Expand your options of fun home activities with the largest online selection at eBay.com. . So, if you like what we do and want us to keep going; if you want more videos, more articles, and more fun events; heck, even if you just want to keep hearing the lovely lilt of Dan's accent, then please consider becoming a patron. EDH/Commander: 3/5. 5 is great. With a board full of the same creatures, the games will tend to go into a stalemate for a while. -3: You may cast target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard this turn. 1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All. (Scryfall note, 2017-07-17) The activated ability of Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy checks to see if there are five or more cards in your graveyard after you discard a card. His plus ability isn’t stellar, but it can keep you from taking a few points of damage, and keep him around. Casual: 4.5 We can stall the game out so that we can get going, but it may not be enough some times. For a two mana general, he isn’t bad. Multiplayer: 4 Or whatever else we want to. Community League #5: Classic Pauper, Winner. Multiplayer: 3/5 Commander: 4.25, We would love more volunteers to help us with our Magic the Gathering Card of the Day reviews. We have loved every bit of it, and we want to keep going. [d title=”Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy (EDH)”] Commander. We have been creating content and building community around Magic since 2012. The main attraction of Jace, Telepath Unbound is his -3: cast an instant or sorcery out of your graveyard. See you soon, my friends. All in all, we can definitely work with him. View cart for details. There seems to be a problem serving the request at this time, One stop shop for all things from your favorite brand, {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}. If there are five or more cards in your graveyard, exile Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy, then return him to the battlefield transformed under his owner’s control. 1 is bad. A cheap, flexible mana cost makes Jace easy to splash, and a transform trigger that’s deceptively easy to trigger makes him powerful. His ultimate is quite funny, and can make for an interesting path to victory, if you choose to take it. Corwin is middle-aged at the beginning of his character arc in the Chronicles of Amber; Michael from Grand Theft Auto V has adult children. Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Mana Cost: Converted Mana Cost: 2 Types: Legendary Creature — Human Wizard Card Text: : Draw a card, then discard a card. That should tell you a lot: price tag and power are oft intertwined, and flip Jace was (and is) a very powerful card. Casual: 4/5 But this is surprisingly flexible in being able to let you pay any alternate costs, like overloading a Cyclonic Rift or delving away a lot of other cards to fire off that shiny Treasure Cruise (also legal in Standard with this Jace). He’s basically a Merfolk Looter that can potentially wall a 1 power creature; he’s not a great body, but 0/2 is serviceable for 2 mana when you have that effect. [c]Consecrated Sphinx[/c] will usually win us the game in a few turns with all of the cards we will be drawing. I understand the idea of the Spark is that it often fires at a moment of personal crisis or evolution, and it’s good to acknowledge that people in their teens and early 20s face such challenges on a regular basis. ----- Jace, Telepath Unbound [+1] Up to one target creature gets -2/-0 until your next turn. Click here to read over 4,000 more MTG Cards of the Day! At first glance, I honestly didn’t know what to think of this guy. The man in the chair! While 5 cards may seem like a lot…honestly, it’s not. Fast & … Going into this set, I’ve really been looking forward to one card in particular. Something went wrong. Aside from that, though, I’m always surprised just how easy it is to meet Vryn’s Prodigy’s transformation condition. We do have a way to alleviate that with some ways to push our creatures through. We also have some threats of our own if our clones aren’t getting the job done. If there are five or more cards in your graveyard, exile Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, then return him to the battlefield transformed under his owner's control. This deck does have an issue with hyper aggressive decks. Jace, Vryn's Prodigy is banned as a commander in Duel Commander format, but it may be part of your deck. Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy // Jace, Telepath Unbound – Dark Ascension Date Reviewed: November 15, 2017 Ratings: Constructed: 4.5 Casual: 4.3 Limited: 3.9 Multiplayer: 3.5 Commander [EDH]: 3.7 Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale. He definitely isn’t what I was expecting, but he isn’t bad either. ----+1: Up to one target creature gets -2/-0 until your next turn.-3: You may cast target instant or … ----+1: Up to one target creature gets -2/-0 until your next turn.-3: You may cast target instant or …