Was so rich and delicious! However, imported goat meat makes delicious curry goat too. If the gravy is too thin, uncover the pot and allow it to thicken. I just watched your youtube directions, and there was a tomato you don’t mention here. Thank you for sharing your feedback. My family prefers chicken with bones, but whatever you choose it’s up to you. The Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe is a favorite meal for every Jamaican and can be found at every local restaurant. If you love bony meat and prefer a more delicate taste, choose imported goat meat. After about 15 minutes or so, add the herbs, carrots and potatoes. I’m happy you enjoyed it and thank you for sharing your feedback. Please let me know what you think about this Original Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe, by leaving a comment in the comment section below. Bring to gentle boil then remove from heat and serve. STEP 2 Cover with water and add salt and pepper. I mostly served it with white rice, just not to have any arguments about eating their meal from my children at the dinner table. With just the right herbs and spices, it’s a finger licking meal that leaves you wanting more. What is “complete seasoning” in the Original Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe? I get my readers asking me a lot, ‘why is curry powder missing from my recipe?‘. Also please tell me when do I add fennel seeds and pimento seeds? To this day, whenever there’s an event that caters to Jamaicans, the host knows it’s best to have a big pot of curry goat ready to keep every one happy. Please continue to stay safe. Either way, you can’t go wrong with my flavourful curry goat recipe. The host requested that I make it again for the next event. This is make from pimento seeds. Could you add more all spice? For a thicker gravy, mix some cornstarch with some water and add to the gravy. Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's okay if some stays on. Everyone that tasted it loved it. When it comes to choosing local versus imported goat meat for your curry goat, it all boils down to personal preference. Add onion and saute for about 7 minutes. That’s why local meat and produce are sold at a premium anywhere you are in the world. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Quick, easy, no additives or fillers AND it tastes way better than your store-bought brands. Prep (cut) fresh herbs and spices (onion, garlic, thyme, bell pepper, ginger root, scallion etc.) The tomatoes are to be included with the fresh seasoning at the beginning and at the end. Chop onions, carrot, tomato, pepper, coriander, garlic, ginger and put in a pan. Easy and Delicious Blueberry Zucchini Bread, 3 1/2 to 4 lbs of chicken (it can be with bone or boneless), 1/3 of green bell pepper or your choice of color, chopped, 2 sprig of fresh thyme or 2 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1 scotch bonnet pepper or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon of complete seasoning (optional), 3 tablespoon vegetable oil (or your choice of oil), 1 Maggi Chicken Flavor Bouillon cube (for added flavor and salt, if needed). She has requested this several times already and it’s super easy to make!! After 5 minutes, stir the pot and check the consistency of the gravy. Link in another recipe. So good! STEP 2 Cover with water and add salt and pepper. Thank you for the Recipe… taste like Mommy’s! Finished Gravy. I normally use chicken with bones (just like in this recipe) such as the drumsticks or chicken thighs. Cover saucepan and bring to boil. Your email address will not be published. The British used to enjoy oxtail soup with vegetables in the 17th century and brought it to Jamaica when they arrived. Hi, Thanks for your feedback. We’re not vegans/vegetarians, but we like to sub in meat-free meals every once in a while. Once all vegetables are soft and cooked, the gravy is done. Miss G’s Simple Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe - Jamaicans.com Another difference is that the Jamaican Curry Powder is not as hot/spicy as the Indian Curry Powder. Compared to local goat meat, it’s more tender, more affordable and more available, especially when you’re outside Jamaica. Hi Robin, Complete Seasoning is a mixture of herbs and seasoning and it is similar to all purpose seasoning. It has since been synonymous with Jamaican cuisine ever since. Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. I didn't use any in this recipe. If not, then at least for 2 hours. Add about 2 1/2 cups or less water to the chicken and cover it up. Stew chicken? Thank you this wonderful recipe. You basically, saute onion, garlic, ginger, spices, thyme, cook until fragrant. Fast forward years later,  preparing Jamaican style curry is second nature for me. Occasionally, I used bite sized chicken breast. Pour water into the skillet, reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink at … Add turmeric, cumin, coriander, thyme and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly. Hi, This is one of my favorite meals in restaurants. I can’t wait to try this! Hope you enjoy my other recipes. Your email address will not be published. When the gravy has the desired consistency, turn the burner off, re-cover the pot, and allow the curry goat to soak up all the delicious flavours from the gravy! Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love. When the curry is burning in the oil, if the color is getting too dark, too quick, turn down the heat. Came across this recipe last night, made it today for dinner. Thank you Crystal, I’m so happy you enjoyed it. Blessings & Love, as you carry on, on your YouNique Journey! Your email address will not be published. Simon. It is often served with white rice or with boiled food (dumpling, banana, yam, or potato). Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Total Carbohydrate I really hope this helped and you enjoy your curry goat to the max. Coconut milk was included for a creamy Island flavor, you can substitute with vegetable broth. When the goat meat is completely soft/cooked, add the chopped irish potatoes, the second portion of fresh seasoning and 2 cups water. Blend until smooth. Thank you for your recipe. The few common ingredients that are found in Curry Powder are coriander, turmeric, cumin and chili peppers. Curry powder is a blend of finely ground spices, such as turmeric, cumin, and coriander, used for making curry.