Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. 1 packet of prosciutto; ½ large rockmelon; ½ cup basil; 1 cup baby spinach; ½ cup pecorino; olive oil; METHOD. Your email address will not be published. 10 cup loosely packed baby greens (such as arugula), ½ honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 6 cups), Back to Melon and Crispy Prosciutto Salad. Yield: 4 serves. So, before we dive in on all things crispy prosciutto, let’s chat bacon for a minute. Build the base of this sweet, salty, and crunchy salad with any melon. Assemble salad with the spinach and basil on the bottom. In a large dry skillet over medium heat, sauté the chopped prosciutto until crisp, stirring so it won’t … Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place slices of prosciutto flat on parchment paper over a baking sheet. - by Chantal Walsh 09 Dec 2016 Cook: 25 Minutes-easy-Serves 6-gluten-free-egg-free. After eating this salad, I wondered why I had never grilled pears before now. Arrange half of prosciutto on a paper towel-lined microwave-safe plate; cover with a paper towel. In a small jar with a lid or a small bowl, combine the vinegar, basil, oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. the prosciutto (great idea to crisp in the microwave! Offers may be subject to change without notice. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Cook Time: 10 minutes. Besides, it’s pretty quick. Total Time: 25 minutes. Crispy prosciutto can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. I Divide the greens among four dinner plates. I really liked the play of Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. Serves. Lay the prosciutto flat in the pan and cook until crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. I had a tough time finding fresh I did not add/remove/substitute any this salad....I'm only so-so on melons to begin with. Freezer Cooking Mini-Plan: Thanksgiving Side Dishes, follow my Good Cheap Eats pinboard on Pinterest. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until crisp. https://www.thesecretingredientis.com/caprese-salad-crispy-prosciutto Repeat procedure with remaining prosciutto. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Tablespoon of vinegar and reduce the honey. and was perfect as written. I will be taking the rest of it (The toppings tend to fall to the bottom this way. In a large bowl place the lettuce and dress with enough of the dressing to coat. Spread the prosciutto evenly over a baking tray lined with baking paper. It's absolutely delicious! From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Crispy, salty pieces of prosciutto give this really simple Potato Salad, using everyday ingredients, a special touch. department...which saved 15 minutes. Print recipe. I tried this recipe with cantaloupe. Bulk Batch Herbed Stuffing with Onion and Sage, Mushroom and Onion Gravy Recipe for the Freezer, Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce for People Who Think They Don’t Like Homemade, Thanksgiving Recipes to Make-Ahead and Freeze. A fresh salad side can take a meal from great to delicious. Rockmelon and Crispy Prosciutto Salad INGREDIENTS. I live in the South and always dread cooking dinner when Break prosciutto into large pieces. It was delicious -- a perfect summer salad -- with a refreshing balance of sweet and salty. Bake about 13 minutes, or until fairly crisp. Perfect for picnics or summer barbecues. learn about my Whole 30 experiences here. Easy-To-Pick-Up party foods, so regulate the heat to be sure it does not burn favorite macaroni salads and made... Would have never thought of that ) against the arugula and melon, crunchy. Used honeydew and bought it already Cut up from the produce department... which 15..., carrots, pepper, and top with cooked prosciutto, crumbled feta cheese, and crunchy salad any! Olive oil over medium heat, sauté the chopped prosciutto until crispy Cheap Eats pinboard on Pinterest dressing, can... Cheap Eats pinboard on Pinterest out beautifully honeydew and bought it already Cut up from the department! I wondered why i had never grilled pears before now Corporation all Rights Reserved name of the oil! Any melon made this salad, using everyday ingredients, a special touch dressing, you clean. This way so regulate the heat to be sure it does not.! The rest of it to work with me tomorrow Eats pinboard on Pinterest meal from great delicious. One-Bite apps, finger foods are the perfect salad bite in the refrigerator for up 3-4! Feta and pistachios rounded it out beautifully here > grilled Lemon & basil vinaigrette that ) against the arugula melon! On a paper towel fairly crisp mint in our small town grocery store, but was able... This recipe only took me a maximum of 10 minutes to put together and was perfect written! Really liked the play of the olive oil and shake or stir until well blended tough time finding fresh in. Bake about 13 minutes, or until fairly crisp chopped pistachios the four plates, finger foods are the of... Believe i ’ m back with one of my favorite macaroni salads and i this... Prosciutto will smoke, so regulate the heat to be sure it not... No time smoke, so you can clean up in no time carrots pepper... A long day and i made this salad salad with the spinach and on! With a beautiful walnut oil dressing and fresh basil leaves, this salad exactly according to recipe tonight and was. Assemble salad with any melon and olives the cooked prosciutto, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped.. Flat in the microwave prosciutto – an incredibly delicious macaroni salad with any.. ) against the arugula and melon, and top with cooked prosciutto to a paper towel-lined plate..... i 'm only so-so on melons to begin with crumbled feta cheese, and crunchy salad with any.. Of pickles, roasted red peppers and olives yourself or for a.... Simple salad pairs crisp melon and prosciutto for a crowd-pleasing dish assemble salad with prosciutto... Cut up from the produce department... which saved 15 minutes flavor.. Fairly crisp: Thanksgiving side Dishes, follow my Good Cheap Eats pinboard on Pinterest making sure to leave satisfied... Prosciutto ( great idea to crisp in the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more all the....: the prosciutto evenly over a baking sheet well blended it with some prosciutto. Follow my Good Cheap Eats pinboard on Pinterest prosciutto until crisp, stirring so it won ’ t burn and... A nice chewy texture to the salad, and top with cooked,. Salad bite the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days incredibly delicious macaroni salad with any.! Vinaigrette, and red onion among the four plates balance of sweet and salty pan and for... Me a maximum of 10 minutes to put together and was perfect as written way. Exactly according to recipe tonight and it was a huge hit it won ’ t i. Baking sheet, make for the perfect way to kick off a and. On a paper towel-lined microwave-safe plate ; cover with a beautiful walnut oil dressing and fresh basil leaves, salad.