I flavor this mixture with garlic and dill to make these fillets a little more grown-up. Cover will a few paper towels and press to dry the fillets. Keto Parmesan Coated Fried Fish. I need more breaded fish in my life. Winner! FINALLY, coat fish with breading again, this time you can really pack on as much as will stick! Spray a baking sheet with a generous amount of coconut oil spray. Process until garlic is crushed and mixture is completely blended. Pour oil in a deep skillet until it is about 1-1/2 to 2 inches deep. You do not pay any more. Toss these shrimp on salads, in tacos, or serve them with sugar-free, low carb cocktail sauce. The low-carb fried fish batter we make consists of Parmesan cheese, almond flour, and egg as well as other herbs and spices. Parmesan cheese adds flavor and makes the coating brown to golden perfection. Mmm…these fish fillets are definitely tastier and better for you than the ready-made we all used to eat as kids. You can also use any other keto-friendly sauce of your choice. Set aside. For the fish, you can use any type of white fish, but most people use cod. This Keto Fried Fish recipe makes 4 serves. I used Hungarian Hot Paprika and it was a bit too spicy for my wife, so will reduce by half next time. Traveling helps her find inspiration from a huge variety of world cuisines for new creative low-carb recipe ideas. Now, many restaurants put a lot of work into its presentation. One thing I love about keto is the awesome foods we can still enjoy! The only change I made was lemon-pepper spice in place of other pepper and didn’t have any dill. This was easy to make and was yummy. Pour mixture into a bowl. Slice the fish into 1 inch cubes. Thank you for your support! Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown. The optimal frying point for fish is between 350-375 degrees F. We set our deep fryer to 360 degrees F. Peanut Oil and Avocado oil are both great high heat oils to use. Made it tonight after searching how and low for oven fried fish with no breadcrumbs. Now you have crispy on both sides! This recipe will serve about 4 people. You can use coconut flour, too. This recipe was inspired by the fish sticks I ate when I was little. Gives it great flavour and won’t stick to the grill. Keto Fish Batter. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. We cut each filet into 4. Any firm white-fleshed fish is suitable; for US – Catfish, Tilapia, Cod, or Alaskan Pollock, Perch, Flake, Ling, Flathead or Whiting. This looks amazing! You'll want you to watch them closely so they don't over cook. The taste is absolutely amazing and so nice to have a healthy breaded fish recipe! It works great with ocean perch and is on regular rotation here. Add any leftover crumbs on top. Remove from the heat when it becomes golden brown but make sure that the fish is cooked through. This recipe is one of the easiest and tastiest you’ll ever have. Serve immediately. What fish to use? ( Log Out /  Flip, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and finish baking for 5-10 minutes or until the coating is crispy and the fish is cooked through. The crunchy coat of eggs, flour, and cheese make a certain vacuum with the fish inside, allowing it to get cooked like in a steamer. These also pair well with other keto-friendly sauces of your choice. Our site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon.com. I used grated Parmesan cheese instead of shredded and instead of flakes used cayenne! Place a deep saucepan on the heat with about 340-360°F. Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. (just regular ground almonds, no need to use expensive almond flour! www.tryketowith.me/2018/01/17/keto-parmesan-crusted-tilapia Make sure it’s boneless. Place egg white in bowl. Cut the zucchini into thin rods, brush each with the olive oil, and spread them evenly on the baking sheet. This deliciously easy Keto Breaded Fried Fish has a crispy outside and tender, flaky inside. this looks delicious! They are located in the frozen section of any grocery store. The breading is easy to make and turns into a golden crispy coating, perfect to dip into mayo! Bake: Bake the fish for 10 minutes. The first thing you should know about frying is that it requires a lot of oil. I think next time I will have a third dish and instead of going from egg white to almond flour mixture I would sprinkle mixture onto fish. Add fresh dill and pulse a few times to chop dill and distribute through out the mixture. Eat it as is, or serve it on your favorite low carb bun with some tartar sauce for a delicious fish sandwich! Glad this recipe saved the mushy fish. Disclaimer: KetoVale.com does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Going back in history to the 17th century, it was a deconstructed recipe for the traditional Jewish way of making fish. Great recipe! Heat the frying oil before frying the fish for three minutes on each side.