I get that’s likely due to the internal gadgetry, but I’m not sure how that translates to portability. The pods that came with my box were Blackberry Lime, Cranberry Raspberry, and Strawberry Mango. I only wish it held more water 10/10 I would recommend this to a friend. Spoiler: They tasted pretty good (or as good as unsweetened flavored water can taste), with the exception of Cranberry Raspberry, which on a scale of 1 to ass, tasted like ass. First, there is a button on the front. However, it can be hard to find a bottle that meets your hydration needs. © 2020 Well+Good LLC. The Inventory team is rounding up deals you don’t want to miss, now through Cyber Monday. You’ll have a whopping 90 beverages in your hand at all times, reading to switch up by touching a button or swiping the app. There’s a button on the front that is used to select the desired FuelPod and dispense it into the bottle of water when you long press the button. On that note, despite my overall enjoyment of this water bottle, there are a few things that give me pause. One of the issues is that this isn’t exactly a one-time purchase. Introducing the LifeFuels bottle.. The last step you’ll need to do is to install the LifeFuels mobile app on your phone or tablet. Consumer tech reporter by day, danger noodle by night. For example, I could mix peach with strawberry mango. This intelligent water bottle has an LED screen that will let you read the temperature of the liquid inside. The pod dependency could be a problem if the company goes out of business. Reviewed in the United States on February 27, 2020. IceWater 3-in-1 Smart Stainless Steel Water Bottle Review - Best for the Gym. The bottle, which holds 16.9 fl oz, comes with three FuelPods that can hold 90 beverages. As much as I like the LifeFuels water bottle, it’s not a gadget I absolutely need. You’re going to become familiar with the charging process because the LifeFuels bottle only has a 4 day battery life. This bottle will be great to take to my weekly pilates classes, and I'm pretty excited to show it off! With complete transparency, I was sent a LifeFuels bottle to try and I will be sharing my personal review of this product below. Don't subscribe What sets LifeFuels apart from other water bottle companies are a couple things — their dispensing flavor pods and app. The only reason I gave this thing a whirl is because, well, water is just so dang boring to drink. The Truth About Probiotics: Should You Be Taking Them? We are used to having to recharge devices on a regular basis like smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, etc. Despite extensive searching, it was impossible to find any complaints about the LifeFuels smart water bottle - perhaps, except, the relatively high price tag. And if you navigate over to the FuelLog tab of the app, you can actually see what times you’re drinking, and how much you’re drinking at those times. Click here to browse! The idea behind the product is great, but without the app you can only use about 25% of the features of the bottle. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Despite the many perks and benefits of the LifeFuels package, does it justify the steep price tag? With the app (I believe) that you are able to choose flavor concentrations, mix flavors, and track your hydration/vitamin intake. Experts have noted the importance of water for your metabolism, temperature regulation, circulation, and homeostasis, and while there was a kerfuffle a few years back around the oft-quoted “eight glasses a day” rule, doctors and scientists still agree that water is key to human health. The battery life seems to be much better than advertised, as they state about 4 days of life, however i'm sitting at 44% after the 5 days. The customization features of the bottle are also praised. As mentioned earlier, the plastic bottle part of the LifeFuels unscrews from the base so you can wash it. This brings me to my one and only real complaint of the bottle; if my phone (Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra) is out of range and has i bring it within range and try to connect using the app it will constantly say "Searching" and that my bottle is in use on a different device. They also have active social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. However, if you sign up for the subscription through this link, you will get what I mentioned above for $100, or $50 off. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Plus, I only have three pods and each has only 15, 2ml servings. It's very sturdy and easy to use. No, I'm not the K-Pop star. It also had kept track of the time of day I’d been drinking with the LifeFuels bottle. If we want to break down this price a little bit to make it seem more reasonable, like I actually did, we should start with the fact that you get 90 servings with your initial $100 purchase. As an example, I fully charged the bottle on a Tuesday late afternoon, used it for 4 or FuelPod servings, and it was dead the following Monday morning. If you’re wondering why you would want a handle for your water bottle, the LifeFuels bottle is pretty bulky and heavy compared to a typical water bottle. Okay, that all was great, but what is this going to cost me? Replies to my comments Other than that, nope, not really useful. This water bottle not only lets you monitor your hydration levels so that you can stay on top of how much water you are drinking, but it also comes with FuelPods that let you change up the way you drink your water. A final choice is the smart water bottle by e-Market. LifeFuels bottles are the exception. That’s not unique to LifeFuels. a smart water bottle once asked me to drink and nae nae, a problem inherent with all smart gadgets. First, the app displays the amount of battery life left in your bottle. Get it daily. What was once an idea in 2006, far ahead of its time, is now the smartest way to hydrate. Well+Good decodes and demystifies what it means to live a well life, inside and out. Once that was all done, I had to unwrap all the pods and cram them into the slots and wait for each to light up, indicating the bottle had recognized them. I’d pick it because it solves my problem of wanting something more flavorful to drink during the day, because, man, I really do miss juices, sodas, and any beverage with more than zero calories. All in all, if you count the charging and my dishwasher cycle, it took about an hour before I could drink my first sip of water. No worries. Is It Maskne, or Rosacea? Well-designed app. Online Customer Reviews/Complaints And while I was skeptical of the $99 price tag, I have to admit, it’s worth the investment. - Updated regularly with new deals. With up to four days of battery life with a full charge, there is plenty of life in this bottle. A pack of three will set you back $29, and if you subscribe to LifeFuels’ once-a-month subscription, you’re suddenly paying $360 a year on flavors alone. That’s not necessarily cheaper than buying a similar bottled beverage in bulk (or on sale at your neighborhood 7-Eleven). There are few reasons to get this innovative bottle to dispense flavored FuelPods if the flavor is bad. Read our Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions. I won’t lie, this can be a lot to fork over for a water bottle. To determine which kind of energy or recovery drink you’re making, you’ll want to navigate over to the Beverages tab of the LifeFuels app, and tap the plus icon in order to create a new beverage.