Community of practice. MORE. But in adopting these communication advances, are we also opening the door for a deluge of content? Here are the top items via eLearning Learning. A few weeks ago, I gave a talk at the Microsoft Community Summit about communities of practice — their business value, how they are different from other internal and external communities, and strategies for success in starting them up and growing them in a sustainable way. Apps of the Day. From the research that I’ve done, people I’ve talked to, and based on personal experience, I see there being four main design “buckets” for CoPs. He shares strategies, stories, and real-world examples of successful enterprise collaboration using 2.0 An unexpected surprise has been the enthusiastic adoption of the wiki by even the least Web 2.0 MORE, The primary benefit of constructing a mood board is saving time. Communities of Practice are not new. Is it possible to try out a lesson in "practice mode" in Teams before facilitating the live class? I think the beauty of the cMOOC though is that you can flow in and out at will though. Examples , most all of these could have been supported through SharePoint. MORE, Rob has achieved success by integrating formal and informal learning activities in pursuit of clear strategic business objectives. Since CoPs are informal and self-managing by nature, community members are empowered to design the types of interactions and determine the frequency that best meets their needs. This bi-weekly collection includes 50 of the most useful tools I’ve collected since the last edition. To that end, you will want to understand how you recruit and approve new members. Here are seven other advantages of an e-learning strategy that I’ve come across. To help us insure we adhere to various privacy regulations, please select your country/region of residence. A few stories have emerged of viral information spreading seemingly spontaneously on the internet. Download our new infographic to learn how IT can help the business before business users help themselves. I discussed a bit of these issues in First Thoughts After ASTD Sessions. Our YouTube video of The Training Word , in contrast, has gotten a whopping 152 views. What are some things you learned? But before we move on to practical tips, an analysis of what is asynchronous and synchronous learning is, should be conducted. Along with the rise of online social networking, the ability to transfer social learning into an online format has also become a more seamless process. Take a look at the latest updates in Azure Monitor and ask questions directly to the team! The purpose of a CoP, as discussed above, is to provide a way for practitioners to share tips and best practices, ask questions of their colleagues, and provide support for each other. That’s the power of giving your brain a problem to solve and getting out of the way. In this post, I wanted to capture some of the patterns of use of SharePoint that seem to be emerging. I’ll be leading a series of master classes on informal learning and working smarter in Europe. Knowledge is one of these really tricky areas — it’s critically important, yet highly evasive. Share insights, discover new perspectives, and problem-solve in a collaborative environment to shape the future of Microsoft products. We can use your profile and the content you share to understand your interests and provide content that is just for you. Subscribe to the following eLearning Learning newsletters: You must accept the Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions to proceed. Azure Monitor Monthly Connections. Last week news was abounding that Microsoft are about to announce their acquisition of social media company Yammer for $1.2B. Once you've accepted, then you will be able to choose which emails to receive from each site. Scope creep can occur for a variety of reasons ; one of the most common is that the client changes his or her mind by the time you get to the development phase. This post covers the Best of from January 15, 2010 to January 31, 2010. It’s all a matter of learning, but it’s not the sort of learning that is the province of training departments, workshops, and classrooms. Rob has achieved success by integrating formal and informal learning activities in pursuit of clear strategic business objectives.