Generally, non-nutritive sweeteners are calorie free in finished products because they impart high sweetness intensity and are needed only in very small amounts to give desired sweetness to a product. While consuming products made with stevia can decrease your overall sugar intake, evidence doesn't show that it has any substantial influence on a person's total daily energy intake. Whether you call it MiO Fit or MiO Electrolytes, we’ve packed a whole lot of awesome into one tiny bottle. Coca-Cola: "What Coca-Cola Products have Stevia in Them? Too easy. Renee attended the University of California, Berkeley and holds an M.S. This cola has 30-percent less sugar than original Pepsi and no artificial sweeteners — just stevia and cane sugar. I second Stur which is stevia sweetened water additive. Suddenly, someone squeezes a few drops of MiO into it. I add organic blackberry syrup to water on occasion, but after living in the city over the winter, realize how sweet ordinary water is on Cape Cod. How about you? I like to add a few drops of liquid stevia to the Lime La Croix, makes it taste kind of like a Sprite. He’s right, of course. Copyright Policy However, a promising study published in Avicenna Journal of Medical Biotechnology in the April-June 2016 issue found that stevia can elevate insulin levels in rats, having beneficial hyperglycemic effects. Mio is pointless, it doesn’t taste good, and it’s like putting a mixture of man-made chemicals in an easy-to-carry bottle of death. With MiO Energy, you're just one tasty squeeze away from having 60 mg of caffeine in your corner. Its certainly seems better than diet/zero soda drinks. LIVESTRONG.com may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story. Love it! Stevia is, on average, about 250 to 300 times sweeter than sugar. I was in the kitchen cleaning up. I don’t understand why companies still insist on using these “sugars” when people are becoming more conscious of what they are ingesting! IMO MIO is ridiculous! Instead, MiO is some sickening sweet combination of chemicals turning water into Love Canal. They help people to drink more fluids and eat less sugar. Done. I personally do Tazo Passion tea and Bigelow Peach tea in one pitcher because each bag only makes half a pitcher. We should all learn to avoid toxic chemicals, especially where kids are concerned, not try to add them to flavor water. Because natural isn't always possible — or easy. I love the stur brand. To me, this MIO product is ridiculous, and I hope it won’t catch on with consumers. Anyways, I add my Stevia to the pitcher so I don't have to fuss with putting it in each glass. Herbally sweetened soft drinks are extremely useful for breaking bad habits. Read more: Will Drinking Diet Soda Make Me Fat and Sick? Here’s what Kraft Foods Global, the manufacturer, has to say about it: “MiO is sweetened with Sucralose, a calorie-free, artificial sweetener that is 600 times sweeter than sugar. The best way to mitigate this bitterness is with the addition of other sweeteners, including sucrose (sugar) or sugar alcohols like erythritol. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the LIVESTRONG.COM Some, hu? I like the idea of Mio type flavoring for my water, but can basically only tolerate stevia and maybe erythritol or xylitol for sweeteners. in Nutrition and Dietetics. Ha! Some of your choices include Coca-Cola Life, Bai and Starbucks Refreshers. Stevia is a natural, plant-based, low-calorie sweetener added to foods and beverages. The European Food Safety Authority and the Joint Food and Agriculture Organization/World Health Organization Expert Committee on Food Additives affirm that stevia is safe for adults and children, including women who are pregnant or nursing. I know people aren’t as conscious as they should be, but hey man we gotta have compassion for our vices to some extent and I saw the change in my friend. It heartens me to see people standing up and saying “NO! Mio contains virtually no calories, so it’s highly unlikely that Mio will help contribute to weight gain and hinder weight loss. The acceptable daily intake is the amount of a substance that a person can consume daily, without any appreciable harm to health. LIVESTRONG is a registered trademark of the LIVESTRONG Foundation. Feel like skipping the elevator and taking the staircase? Classic Variety Pack. Found them on amazon. Leaf Group Ltd. All liquid drink mixes are sugar-free, calorie-free, gluten-free, and kosher. I’ve struggled for years with an addiction to soda. So far, I’ve lost 50 lbs with reducing my soda habits, changing the types of food I eat, and exercise over the course of a year. , I just went to their facebook page and it was like looking at a horror movie because all I read is how they love it and got their free samples! For those who want chemicals in their water. MiO Liquid Water Enhancer comes in size of 1.62 Ounce. I was looking for a hint of citrus like some of the finer seltzer waters… just a touch of orange, or lemon, or lime. Drinks with stevia are a little harder to find than those with other nonnutritive sweeteners such as aspartame and sucralose. Terms of Use Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, F 5'6 11/16/16 SW: 150 pp CW: 150 GW: 125. In the mean time I’m working on my own version. I don't do it too often because I'm trying to cut down on all sweeteners, but it's really nice over ice on a warm day. The article in Today's Dietitian does note that the amounts of stevia in products aren't listed on labels. The people in Kraft live in the dark ages. diagnosis or treatment. Thank you for this post. My husband saw it for the first time last night. It is a totally fat-free product (Sugar and Calorie free). I know I am. Artificial sweeteners provide sweetness without adding calories to help individuals watching their calorie and sugar intake. ", Nutrition Today: "Stevia, Nature’s Zero-Calorie Sustainable Sweetener", Current Pharmaceutical Design: "A Review on the Pharmacology and Toxicology of Steviol Glycosides Extracted from Stevia Rebaudiana", International Journal of Obesity: "Effects of Aspartame-, Monk Fruit-, Stevia- and Sucrose-sweetened Beverages on Postprandial Glucose, Insulin and Energy Intake", U.S. Food and Drug Administration: "Has Stevia Been Approved by FDA to Be Used as a Sweetener? Research isn't conclusive on stevia's effect on the blood sugar levels of diabetics. I’m not the only one who has problems with the ingredients, either. I now have a sore throat. Read more: Is Alkaline Water Extra Healthy or a Hoax? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, /r/xxketo is a subreddit dedicated to discussing a ketogenic diet from a female-identifying perspective, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. The portable 1.62 fluid ounce bottle neatly fits in your purse, bag or glove box for easy on the go mixing. I’m sure you’ve seen the commercial for MiO, the so-called “water enhancer.” The visually stunning spot starts with the camera focused on a clear glass of water. I did the same thing to stop smoking cigs. What junk. REVIEW: Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value Laundry Detergent, http://newhope360.com/colors/oh-kraft-again-artificial-colors-count-me-out-customer. While I understand everyone is “healthy” in the comments, I’ll stick with Mio to help me get to that point. It turns out, stevia has a bitter aftertaste that people don't always enjoy. any of the products or services that are advertised on the web site. I see this as a way to help get over that habit. I’m still saving a few bucks, and I get a little vitamin C in the process as well. Also, to anyone located in Canada - the presidents choice brand water flavour drops also use stevia. Yes, sugar did immediately spike participants' blood sugar levels more so than stevia — but the blood sugar levels of all participants, whether they consumed sugar or nonnutritive sweeteners, were not elevated three hours post-consumption. Any recommendations? Joint Food and Agriculture Organization/World Health Organization Expert Committee on Food Additives, monk fruit, aspartame, sucralose and stevia. Coca-Cola Life is sweetened with a blend of cane sugar and stevia leaf extract, so it has 35-percent fewer calories and less sugar than traditional Coke, but a flavor people enjoy. especially the lady who thought it was an “icy treat” after her workout. All it takes is one squeeze and your water is suddenly transformed into a motivational force of electrolytes and B vitamins. ... Stevia extracts are also added in it to enhance flavor and taste.