0000010066 00000 n On Oct. 1, 2020, the Real ID Act will go into effect, making it necessary for Americans to have a compliant driver’s license or other accepted identification to fly within the country. Renew a MO Driver's License Driver License; Missouri REAL ID Guide. While passports will be accepted in lieu of REAL ID, only 42 percent of Americans have one, and they're more costly to obtain than a driver's license. Read More:Answer Man: What can you tell me about the racetrack near James River I remember as a kid? Birth Certificate U.S. — Sara Jean Peters, Collins. Missouri achieved full implementation of its REAL ID program in 2019.". “It wasn't actually on any of the forms that told you what to bring to the DMV,” said one woman leaving the DMV on Friday, who did not want to be identified. Unless your ID is expiring, Plaggenberg recommends avoiding the lines and waiting until the rush subsides. Previous Start Over No Yes Next. Federal agencies can accept driver's licenses and identification cards from Missouri at Federal facilities and nuclear power plants. In Kansas, 872,440 Real ID identification cards have been issued, or 48% of records on file. Secure driver's licenses and identification documents are a vital component of a holistic national security strategy. 426 47 Applicants need to verify four things: identity, immigration status, social security number and Missouri residency. 472 0 obj <>stream %PDF-1.4 %���� Others are reading:Answer Man: Can you tell me the story behind concrete bench in Rountree neighborhood? ��j,�F�670>h�N�Br��W; ��� 5c`=ro0 �N4� Two different documents that prove Missouri residency, such as a utility bill, canceled check or pay stub. If your Missouri drivers license is lost, stolen, or damaged, you can still renew it if it expires within 6 months.. Her question and the response from the state's Division of Motor Vehicles did not match. It seems this process could/should be streamlined to require only address information and my driver's license. 0000039301 00000 n Copyright 2019 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Driver License. Let's review: The federal law was passed in 2005 and Missouri achieved full implementation in 2019. Applicants may get Missouri state ID credentials if they do not hold a valid driver’s license, and wish to obtain secure proof of age, identity and address.While an ID card resembles a driver’s license in many ways, Missouri residents cannot use a non-driver identification credential as proof of their eligibility to operate any type of motor vehicle in the state. 0000047758 00000 n Starting today, The Department of Revenue will start issuing REAL ID federally-compliant driver’s licenses and ID cards. endstream endobj 427 0 obj <>/Metadata 53 0 R/OpenAction 428 0 R/Pages 52 0 R/StructTreeRoot 55 0 R/Type/Catalog/ViewerPreferences<>>> endobj 428 0 obj <> endobj 429 0 obj <>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageC/ImageI]/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/TrimBox[0.0 0.0 612.0 792.0]/Type/Page>> endobj 430 0 obj <> endobj 431 0 obj <> endobj 432 0 obj <> endobj 433 0 obj <> endobj 434 0 obj <> endobj 435 0 obj [/Indexed/DeviceRGB 92 458 0 R] endobj 436 0 obj <> endobj 437 0 obj <> endobj 438 0 obj <> endobj 439 0 obj <>stream “So she had to bring her marriage license, but she was divorced prior.”. At this point, I'm just going to say: I don't know what happened. 509 0 obj <> endobj Missouri Department of Revenue Secure driver's licenses and identification documents are a vital component of a holistic national security strategy. endstream endobj 510 0 obj <>/Metadata 22 0 R/OpenAction 511 0 R/Pages 507 0 R/StructTreeRoot 43 0 R/Type/Catalog/ViewerPreferences<>>> endobj 511 0 obj <> endobj 512 0 obj <. I recall a time here at the News-Leader when Will Schmitt was our Jefferson City reporter and he wrote a lot about REAL ID. List of Acceptable Documents for REAL ID-Compliant. Answer Man: The mystery of the Cupp Cemetery grave marker with a future year of death. REAL ID is a coordinated effort by the states and the Federal Government to improve the reliability and accuracy of state-issued identification documents, which should inhibit terrorists’ ability to evade detection by using fraudulent identification. H�\��j�@F�}��l.���l"�@.�Cm�� 0000006990 00000 n <]/Prev 136831/XRefStm 1557>> On October 1, 2020, travelers will need a "REAL ID-compliant" driver's license, US passport, US military ID or other accepted identification to fly within the United States. When I received this email back in July the first thing I wondered was: Where the heck is Collins? So in 2019 she brought her birth certificate, her Social Security card and a utility bill for proof of residency. Federal agencies can accept driver's licenses and identification cards from Missouri at Federal facilities and nuclear power plants. A REAL ID-compliant license or ID card is a federally accepted form of identification. However, if you plan to fly, or visit federal courthouses or military bases, you will need to provide another accepted form of identification. Airline travelers with noncompliant licenses can present a valid passport, passport card or other approved forms of identification. One document that shows their full legal name, like a certified birth certificate copy or U.S. passport. That's when she went to the office in Osceola and the clerk checked her computer and determined that, for whatever reason, Sara had to present those same documents again for scanning. Joey Plaggenberg, director of Missouri’s Motor Vehicle and Driver Licensing Division said in a statement that his department expects license offices to have longer wait times as people apply for the new IDs, which became available in March. 0000004935 00000 n — Over the next year, DMVs may be even busier than usual because of an influx of people updating their identifications. Answer Man: What can you tell me about the racetrack near James River I remember as a kid? Her license became REAL ID compliant in 2019, but she was unable to renew it at the same time. If someone has changed their name, they also must bring documents that verify former and current legal names.The Department of Revenue has a full list of eligible documents and an interactive guide to help people determine what they need to bring.