In addition to this, it also works very well as a broadcasting mic. If you open the two up and compare them for yourself, you will see the truth. Required fields are marked *. Included is a shock mount (with spare elastic bands), as well as a smaller microphone clip for those super-tight recording situations. In particular, it’s great for recording vocals and individual instruments such as acoustic guitars. Share Quote. We all know that it can also be used as a drum microphone. However, many customers prefer the Neumann TLM 103 because of its more modern sound. the u195 is definitely on my short list. Kaum ein Kondensatormikrofon hat einen vergleichbaren Nimbus wie das Neumann U 87: Es zählt zu den verlässlichsten und flexibelsten Großmembran-Kondensatormikrofonen, die der Markt jemals gesehen hat. • The flight case is nice. Now that you know what the Newmann TLM 103 is, there are a few features you need to know about. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. You could even purchase two U87 clones and use them as drum overheads! They’ve tackled many different classic preamps, EQs, and compressors already and now they have moved on the U87. Things to Consider When Buying a Neumann U87 Clone, GetGood Drums: A Complete Overview of the 3 Drum Libraries, The Best Audio Interface For Recording Drums, 6 Of The Best Overhead Mics That Will Bring Your Drum Kit to Life, Moeller Strokes: How to Play and a Quick History, Sonic Rebel to Release New EP: Interview with Tammy Hurt. The Neumann TLM 103 was originally released in 1997 as a more affordable alternative to the legendary Neumann U87 Ai. It features a gradual presence rise that helps brighten up the midrange and a low-frequency roll-off that helps prevent muddiness. Neumann is easily one of the most recognizable microphone manufacturers around today: both for incredible quality and price. If you’re not looking for a clone, I suggest checking out the Mojave MA-200. This means it primarily focuses on sounds from the front of the microphone while rejecting noise from the back and sides. The high end is very brittle. Don’t get hung up if your U87 alternative doesn’t sound exactly like a real Neumann U87. Be sure to check back often to view my “Best of” blog articles where I review all of the latest and greatest drums and drum accessories. The only other potential issue is its brightness. It also comes with a flat, roll-off switch. This article is for the ones who love the holy grail product featuring vocal microphones called: the Neumann U87ai. To help you more understand our process and how we work, make sure you take a look at the about us page. Will it give you the sound you need? Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is, I tried out a u87 ai and realized that is the mic for me. Alternatives To Expensive Audio Gear Tuesday, August 23, 2011. TLM 193 if you want a new one. Share Quote. Most Expensive and Most Disappointing U87 Clone. How Does It Compare to Other Condenser Microphones? Fortgeschrittener. Peluso is a boutique microphone company that does make a lot of wonderful mics! I wish it was presented with a wooden box like the WA-87, considering the price point. For those on the fence, it might be better for you to invest in another piece of gear instead. Its presence boost makes it sound more like a recording you would hear in this day and age. • I've got an iFet7 and a U89 (5 patterns, handles up to 134db, otherwise "similar" to the U87) and when in "V" mode, the iFet7 doesn't sound as "transparent" in the higher freq's - there's an odd 5K - 6K sibilance that it adds that the U89 doesn't have, although it's definitely a bright sounding mic as well. This gives you a variety of different options to choose from when recording. Some others not yet mentioned that are in the same ballpark-. Neumann U87 Vs TLM 103 Conclusion Basically, both Neumann U87 and Neumann … It has a frequency range of 20 to 20,000 Hz. Keep in mind that like most condenser microphones, the Neumann TLM 103 is not appropriate for live performances.