Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Done! You have the most options. The other important box is under output where you can find your computer’s streaming settings. So here’s what to do: connect your mic and your webcam (no shame if those are on board) to your computer, and test them to see if everything is working. (Think PowerPoint transitions.) Scene transitions are there if you want to customize what it looks like when you switch between scenes, but I haven’t found that it matters much, personally speaking. I am looking for a CamTwist alternative. We’ll talk briefly about audience stuff later, but the main thing to remember is that streaming is something of a second-screen activity — like a podcast, almost. (It’s also the same on both macOS and Windows.). OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster Software) est un projet multiplateforme, gratuit et open source, et qui vous permet de créer des enregistrements vidéo de votre bureau, ainsi que de diffuser des live streamin Après avoir installé et lancé OBS Studio, vous accédez à une interface épurée composée d’une fenêtre principale depuis laquelle vous prévisualisez vos enregistrements et vos streaming. If you’re planning to stream console games, the other piece of gear you might want to have on hand — aside from extra HDMI cables and a long Ethernet cable — is a capture card. I use YouTube; you can use whatever you want — whatever you’re playing on your computer will output to desktop audio, provided desktop audio is getting audio from the place you’ve sent the music. What we’re going to do now is set up three scenes in OBS: a “stream starting soon” scene, a “live” scene, and one that’s for intermissions — you know, just in case you have to run to the bathroom or refresh your drink. First time user for OBS. There’s Periscope, which lets you stream to Twitter, and Instagram Live, which does exactly what it sounds like it does. I’ve rebooted but no luck. When you setup Crowd Control with OBS Live your viewers can do a number of things to help or harm you while playing. OBS.LIve includes articles, video guides, and tutorials to make live streaming on OBS accessible and simple to everyone. Optionally check ‘AutoStart’ if you want to have VirtualCam start whenever OBS is running. You have to download a separate piece of software called OBS Link, which is what will allow your computer to recognize the input signal from the Elgato capture card as a video capture device, which you can then add to your stream. We are always looking for more talented writers, contact us at: obslive@streamelements.com. We’ll start with games on your computer because the process is slightly easier to explain — and it’s different on Mac and Windows. Any tips on getting OBS sound through the virtual cam? Did I mention you get paid for each effect a viewer uses too?! While it’s possible to stream, the audio and video quality is generally much lower, it’s harder to customize the stream itself, and it’s very limiting in what you can actually do on stream. I had already purchased their Ultimate Podcast Bundle, so the tools were available for me when I need to solve this problem. This is where you’ll determine the actual quality of your stream. That’s okay. Website designed and created by Warchamp7, powered by Kirby CMS. Imagine you're playing a game and your viewers are playing too! Sorry! Here’s a more in-depth guide for how to start streaming on console. The next thing you should do is repeat the same steps as above to create an intermission scene that you can quickly flip to if you need to. This is the real start of your adventure. I’m not going to lie to you: there are a lot of buttons, and you’re going to need to click a lot of them. The OBS Mac virtual CAM plugin is only working with newer versions of OBS. The installation complexity will vary depending on your operating system. Click the ‘Start’ button. No reason, it’s just nice to look at. 1 Install OBS Studio for macOS Open your preferred browser, and visit the OBS Studio homepage . Do not wonder whether you could bake a cookie on the heatsink. Streamlined Settings panel gives you access to a wide array of configuration options to tweak every aspect of your broadcast or recording. Also, remember that troubleshooting live on stream is a rite of passage. If you have any questions or comments, please let us know. Green screens are another popular tool to upgrade what your stream looks like. Maybe name it something like “This is my starting soon screen lol.” Hit browse, find the image file, upload it, and then click okay. Is it because you have a specialized skill — e.g., cooking, yoga, etc. The current standard is Elgato’s HD60s, which retails for around $200, though you can get a refurbished one for a slightly cheaper price. Don’t be afraid, traveler. You customize scenes with sources, which you can add, and you check audio levels for basically any source within a scene via the mixer. But if you want to see and hear what your mic and webcam are like in action, you should grab a quick recording of yourself so you can see for yourself before you stream to an audience. Ideally, you’re going to want to use the fastest, newest computer you’ve got, and the best microphone and webcam in your arsenal. Thanks to everyone that helped us test. Done! While we do not have an ETA on a public version of Streamlabs OBS for Mac, you can follow us on Twitter for updates. To add a game to your sources list in OBS, you’re going to have to do a bit of a workaround, for now, and use a Window Capture. You might want to use OBS as a webcam source as it gives you a plethora of production options, such as picture in picture, chroma key (green screen) etc. You can’t customize your stream at all, and there are weird UI elements that kind of get in the way of gameplay.