This recipe taste lighter and crispier. Place on a plate or sheet pan while you are using up all of the mixture. Barbara's daughters prefer the latter. They can be whipped up in no time at all and cook quickly. But, you could also use leftover fresh salmon or any other variety canned salmon. Shred with two forks. Easy Waffles – An Old Fashioned Waffle Recipe ». This recipe is an old family favorite that we enjoy from time to time. Form into patties. I'm using canned salmon for this delicious recipe. I’d like to follow you if Heat some oil in a skillet and fry patties. In fact, I can’t remember a single time I came to visit her that she didn’t have a plate of her salmon, okra and pumpkin burgers waiting for me. These salmon patties have a lot more flavor to them than the usual bland salmon cakes or salmon croquettes. Once you give ’em a go, you’ll love them too! Add onion, corn meal, flour, mayonnaise, and egg. Enjoy! Salmon is one of those products, like chicken, that's very easy to get into a rut with. You can use whatever type of cracker you have on hand. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slice. Serve with relish. Knowing how difficult it is to get young ones to try new foods, I decided to roll some of the patty mixture up into a stick shape and told Evan I made him some homemade fish sticks. Looking for the perfect spring dessert? Oh, what a memory. Many... Rescued strays always remember the kind people who saved them from a miserable life on the streets. You could use fresh cooked salmon for this recipe if you have leftovers, but since we are mixing this up with eggs and cracker crumbs, fresh salmon just isn't necessary, so why spend the extra cash? But wanna statement Look for ‘pink salmon’ and varieties that are ‘boneless & skinless’. The cook can adjust the amount of onion, oil, and butter to meet preferences. Don’t have green onion? All thriller, very little filler. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These old fashioned salmon patties using canned salmon are prepared quickly and are super delicious! Around here, you’ll find lots of yummy eats from veggie based to gluten free to classic comfort food fare. That is why the recipe card says 5-7 crackers so you can add the amount needed. 1 tablespoon of buttermilk. You can form into patties and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before frying too. "Salmon cakes are one of my go-to emergency meals. Serve with a lemon wedge and remoulade sauce." It packs a punch of flavor with very little effort. The great thing about these salmon patties is you can add pretty much any ingredients you want to them. is really nice : D. Excellent activity, cheers. Stir until well blended. Substitute cubed cooked potatoes for the bread, if you like. Though they should be handled gently when formed into patties (because they’re filled mostly with salmon versus filler) once fried, they hold their shape beautifully. Fry for one minute on each side until golden brown and place in a paper bag or paper towel to drain. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Old Fashioned Salmon Patties (using canned fish). Cook in oil in skillet over medium heat until browned on each side. Cook patties for 3 minutes per side until golden brown and warmed through. Heat up the skillet with the cooking oil under medium heat and start cooking the patties. Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. This is a salmon and shrimp cake with great extras. I serve them as snacks, sandwiches, or as dinner with rice and a veggie on the side. While all of the meals my mother cooked were amazing, there are a few that were my absolute favorites and I find myself fixing modified versions of her recipes frequently. Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter! Egg, mayo and flour are great binders here in these salmon cakes. Cook in oil in skillet over medium heat until browned on each side.