LORD, remember David, [and] all his afflictions: 2How he sware unto the LORD, [and] vowed unto the mighty [God] of Jacob; 3Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed; 4I will not give sleep to mine eyes, [or] slumber to mine eyelids. 8 Arise, O Lord, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength. 12 If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore. 16 I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy. Wisdom Literature 10 For thy servant David's sake turn not away the face of thine anointed. King David wanted to build a temple in Jerusalem for God--who actually built the 1st Temple. Major Prophets 14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it. Blue Letter Bible is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, David Guzik :: Génesis 14 – Abram Rescata a Lot y Conoce a Melquisedec, G1 - alpha - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV), David Guzik :: Hechos 9 – La Conversión de Saulo de Tarso, David Guzik :: 1 Corintios 7 – Principios Sobre el Matrimonio y la Soltería, A Summary of Each Bible Book - Study Resources, Chuck Smith :: Sermon Notes for Matthew 7:6, David Guzik :: Génesis 3 – La tentación y caída del hombre, Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus and the Holy Trinity (Walter Martin), Genesis 1:1-8 (1979-82 Audio) (Chuck Smith), A Spectacle Unto the World (Chuck Missler), Ephesians: History of Ephesus (Dr. J. Vernon McGee). A. 9 Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy. All rights reserved worldwide. Morphological Greek New Testament, and The Old Testament The New Testament 1. -------------------- King James Version, 14This [is] my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it. but his head will be adorned with a radiant crown.”. Poetical Books -------------------- Verse. 15 I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread. Young's Literal Translation, Blue Letter Bible offers several daily devotional readings in order to help you refocus on Christ and the Gospel of His peace and righteousness. Major Prophets 16 I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy. There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed. 11The LORD hath sworn [in] truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne. Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed; Try it free for 30 days. Pentateuch GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select a Beginning Point Hebrew Names Version, Our website uses cookies to store user preferences. 10 For the sake of your servant David,    do not reject your anointed one. LORD, remember David and all his self-denial. Darby Translation, 5 Until I find out a place for the Lord, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob. The New Testament 12 If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore. Zion's poor have reason to be content with a little of this world, because they have better things prepared for them. 16I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy. The Gospels New Living Translation, A song of ascents. Psa 132:1 ¶ Psa 132:1 - [[A Song of degrees.]] 1 Lord, remember David    and all his self-denial. Textus Receptus. 5 Until I find out a place for the Lord, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob. -------------------- By proceeding, you consent to our cookie usage. Historical Books -------------------- Translations available: 8Arise, O LORD, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength. Luke-Acts Begin reading God's Word ad-free with instant access to your new online study library. 18 His enemies will I clothe with shame: but upon himself shall his crown flourish. Johannine Writings Johannine Writings 13 For the Lord has chosen Zion,    he has desired it for his dwelling, saying,14 “This is my resting place for ever and ever;    here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it.15 I will bless her with abundant provisions;    her poor I will satisfy with food.16 I will clothe her priests with salvation,    and her faithful people will ever sing for joy. General Epistles Pauline Epistles 17There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed. 2 He swore an oath to the Lord,    he made a vow to the Mighty One of Jacob:3 “I will not enter my house    or go to my bed,4 I will allow no sleep to my eyes    or slumber to my eyelids,5 till I find a place for the Lord,    a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob.”, 6 We heard it in Ephrathah,    we came upon it in the fields of Jaar:[a]7 “Let us go to his dwelling place,    let us worship at his footstool, saying,8 ‘Arise, Lord, and come to your resting place,    you and the ark of your might.9 May your priests be clothed with your righteousness;    may your faithful people sing for joy.’”. 17 There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed. 11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne. (1-10) The promises of God. PS 132:10 For thy servant David's sake turn not away the face of thine anointed. For thy servant David's sake turn not away the face of thine anointed. PS 132:9 Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy. 14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it. LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions: 2 How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob; 3 Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed; 4 I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids.