They’ll swipe six or seven at a time! I made these and took them to our daughter’s school for a teacher appreciation treat. The mixture will look a little curdled at this point — that’s okay. As always, thanks, Jen! Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets. All trademarks and Intellectual Property on this site are owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.,Vevey, Switzerland or used with permission. Hope you enjoy the cookies! We're calling it: This is THE ultimate fall dessert. And they do make a lot of cookies, i ended up with about 5 dozen cookies. Does this recipe seriously use 5 sticks of butter? I think cream cheese frosting with chopped walnuts in the frosting for sure are a must for these cookies. These were a total hit – my brother ate 5 of them in one sitting and asked for more to take home haha! I had slightly better results baking one tray at a time vs. two at a time, but that might just be due to my oven. I ended up adding about 4 1/2 cups of powdered sugar but I also added about 3/4 cup cream cheese. My dad really loves soft pumpkin cookies and he usually makes oodles of them from store-bought pumpkin cookie mixes, so when I saw this recipe for pumpkin cookies in an old holiday issue of Better Homes and Gardens, I knew I wanted to give it a whirl. These cookies are delicious!!! Sprinkle the cookie dough with turbinado sugar. Or maybe making the cookie the night before to let them fully cool?? Recipes . all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off with back edge of knife, canned pumpkin purée (from one 15-ounce can, though you'll have some left over), I'm Jenn Segal - Classically Trained Chef, Cookbook Author & Busy Mom, http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/10/make-your-own-pumpkin-puree/. I am always a little leary of pumpkin in recipes beyond a pumpkin pie recipe because pumpkin can be dense. They are fabulous! Thanks for another terrific dessert! These cookies are AMAZING!!! Pumpkin season only comes once a year, so why should you have to choose between brownies and cookies? Totally making these on the weekend. Don't miss our meal planner printable, free to subscribers. New hit among my family. Made these yesterday and they are incredible!!!! Made my first batch today. Should I frost them before freezing? Thanks for sharing your recipe ? https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies These pumpkin cookies are frosted with maple frosting. Comments like this really help our readers! I made these cookies last year and LOVED them! Success! Pumpkin Cookie Recipes Whether you top them with browned butter frosting, add chocolate chips, or make them with purely pumpkin, these pumpkin cookie recipes are all melt-in-your-mouth masterpieces that put our favorite fall ingredient to deliciously good use. I made these for my husbands office, they were gone in less the a day! The only change I made was adding 1 pkg of cream cheese to the frosting. As far as the spices go, less is more; this is not a full-on pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread/cake. I have now made these cookies 5 times since you posted this recipe! Is ok to use fresh butternut squash puree..or Kaiko.. Or maybe 50/50 of both?? All these recipes sound super delicious. Thanks much for posting such tasty recipes every week — we love many of your recipes and I look forward to your weekly posts. Gotta try one on my own! it will become a new tradition every Thanksgiving! I am wondering though, if these cookies can be frozen? I’ve made this recipe several times now and it always gets SO many compliments – so I figured it was time to leave you a comment to let you know! Ooo these would be good cookies for ice cream sandwiches! Yikes! In a large bowl beat the 2 cups of butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. When I think of cookies I always crave that crispy, chewy texture. Thank you for sharing your recipe! A co-worker brought these in last year and I’ve been holding on to the recipe since. chips :). Hi Carolyn, it’s hard to say for sure without seeing the puree. This will help produce a less cakey cookie. Or was I suppose to leave them in longer than 12 minutes?? Hi Sabine, I’m not familiar with kaiko. Absolutely yummy. You should be able to make it stiff by adding more powdered sugar. I added 1 1/2 C chopped toasted pecans, then instead of using the turbinado sugar, I added a few extra pecan pieces to the top of each cookie before baking. Next, in the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Great flavor for the fall. If you like pumpkin pie and chocolate, you'll love these cookies. Spread frosting on cookies. Anybody ever tried to make these gluten free? Not overly sweet, and it was what my pumpkin cookies were missing and desperately needed <3, Love love this recipe! They will become one of our family favorites, thanks for the recipe. These cookies are dangerously addictive! One batch is no longer enough, they disappear too quick! I don’t know if they are going to make it to the Thanksgiving dinner! Definitely planning on making these again and again this fall and winter! The cookies are on the cakey side, so it’s there just for some additional texture. Adding pudding to your cookies is the baking hack you need. They did take a good 24 hrs to dry–which I was afraid might dry out the cookies, but didn’t at all. The pumpkin flavor is very subtle if you make the recipe as is. These easy recipes will take your pumpkin cookies up a notch. I read that they are best baked and eaten on the same day.