Coconut oil takes the place of butter in these cookies and should be solid when you use it--if it's not, stick it in the fridge for a few hours until it firms up. I will definitely make them again. I thought it would make them too sweet so I didnt do a full 1/4 cup of sugar and it was perfect! Can this recipe be successfully doubled? I modified to use flax eggs and coconut sugar. That’s a general question but my cookies seem to crumble and I can only do one layer at a time. I love your recipes and as I’m an avid paleo baker, you are one of my go to places to check for recipes. Perfect! Frosting worked out fine as well, I just have left overs from it, so I personally would make less next time. These cookies are INSANE! Each bite offers delicious pumpkin flavor with chewy raisins and crunchy walnuts. Thank you. These healthy pumpkin cookie recipes are the perfect way to celebrate the start of pumpkin season. These were great! Sorry to ask. Really love all your recipes and have shared your wedsite with everyone I know. These melt-in-your-mouth gluten free pumpkin cookies are grain free, easily dairy free … It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! Great recipe! It was not coming together with the mixer. I’ve only tested it this way. No substitutions. I’m glad that worked out well! It's about having the confidence to do what we were made to do. At first it will seem a little thin, but after sitting for 5 minutes, it gets nice and thick for spreading. The deep flavors of molasses, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg make these wholesome pumpkin cookies delicious without the addition of butter--and they lend themselves beautifully to the inclusion of whole-wheat flour. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and allow cookies to cool completely before frosting. It’s so pretty! Facebook group. Stevia is much sweeter than cane sugar so it will likely be overpowering. They’re the perfect amount of sweetness and pumpkin flavor! I actually think that could work, please let me know if you try it! They are so soft and delicious! I made these with a flax egg and they turned out well! Let me know if you do! I look forward to having one for breakfast. MEET THE HEALTHY & SOFT PUMPKIN COOKIES that convince people to fall in love with pumpkin. #2 question is about the color. Super good! Hi Monique. Is there an alternative flour to use for those with tree nut allergies? They’re made with simple ingredients that you might already have in your pantry. Add the chocolate chips for a sweeter, yummier treat! So glad you love them! Unfortunately not for this recipe! These were so good, I got the ingredients to make them again this weekend! Otherwise the butter with harden and separate due the the cold maple syrup! I re-tested the frosting today and it worked perfectly. The cookies are delicious even without frosting and feel free to use a cream cheese frosting, too! These were super easy to make and tasted absolutely yummy. Be sure to let the dough stand and hydrate for easier handling. I saw you noted it as a butter substitute in the cookie ingredients, but not the frosting ingredients, so wasn’t sure. These cookies were amazing. I wouldn’t recommend swapping ingredients in this recipe. And YES thank you for the catch – updating now . Can’t wait to make these . I can’t believe these are paleo. Honestly, I’m obsessed too. Cookies are delicious but instructions reference cream cheese but cream cheese isn’t a listed ingredient. I used monkfruit sweetener and also made them smaller to yield more cookies, and they turned out great. Classic chocolate chip cookies get a fall update by mixing in pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Do you need to have the coconut flour? I made these cookies without the frosting and added in chopped pecans and dark chocolate. Place in the fridge covered for at least an hour (up to 24 hours.). It doesn’t feel like I am eating a cookie. Glad you liked them! I also ended up making smaller balls and got 20 cookies with this recipe I made the this recipe without whole wheat pastry four because I didn’t hav almond and I leftists our the coconut flour. Still worked out beautifully. Allow dough to sit for 5 minutes. They said they were crazy overpowering with pumpkin flavor which is why they really liked them. Sorry to hear that! Then I made these soft pumpkin cookies covered in a light salted maple frosting and he basically ate the entire batch over two days.