Lyrics to 'Don't Start Me Talking' by Sonny Boy Williamson. Don't start me talking or I'll tell everything I know Don't start me talking, I'll spill the beans for sure Right before your eyes I'll blow it all open wide Don't start me talking Don't start me talking' cause once I get the itch Don't start me talking, I just have to scratch First a little slow Then I start to flow Don't start me talking Dion released it on the album … Don't Start Me Talking Paul Kelly Buy This Song. Lyrics.com. I'm gonna wake up this signifyin' 'cos somebody's got to go. She began to stop. Yes, I will. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/28199057/Paul+Kelly. She gets back home And tell her husband a lie. It was Williamson's first single recorded for Checker Records, and reached number three in the Billboard R&B charts in 1955. About Don't Start Me Talkin' "Don't Start Me Talkin'" (also called "Don't Start Me to Talkin'") is a blues song written and performed by Sonny Boy Williamson II. It was Williamson's first single recorded for Checker Records,[3] and reached number three in the US Billboard R&B chart in 1955. Yes, I will. Home ... four from me on mapping and four from Dick Brus on spatial sampling. Don't start me to talkin, I'll tell her everything I know. Watch the video for Don't Start Me Talking from New York Dolls's Too Much Too Soon for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. [3] Backing Williamson (vocals and harmonica) were Otis Spann on piano, Muddy Waters and Jimmy Rogers on guitar, Willie Dixon on bass, and Fred Below on drums. Jack give his wife two dollars, Go downtown and get some margarine. [7] 17 tracks (50:15). His lyrics capture the vastness of the culture and landscape of Australia by chronicling life about him for over 30 years. He knocked her down, And blackened her eye, She gets back home, Tell her husband a lie. It was Williamson's first single recorded for Checker Records, and reached number three in the US Billboard R&B chart in 1955. Yeah. [5], James Cotton, who was taught the harmonica by Williamson, recorded "Don't Start Me Talkin'", for the 1967 album, The James Cotton Blues Band. Bob Dylan performed the song on The David Letterman Show in 1984. I'm going to the beauty shop Where I can get my hair a shag. Jack gave his wife two dollars To go downtown to get some market Gets out on the street Ol' George stops her He knocked her down And blackened her eye She gets back home and tells her husband a lie. He has performed solo, and has led numerous groups, including the Dots, the Coloured Girls, and the Messengers. Don't start me that talkin' I'll tell everything I know Gonna break up this signifying Everybody's got to go Jack gave his wife two dollars, go down town, get smartened Gets out on the street, old george stopped her He knocked her down and blackened her eye Get back home and tell her husband a lie Dex gave his wife two dollars, Go out'n try'n get some margarine. After Trumpet Records folded, on August 12, 1955, Sonny Boy Williamson II had his first recording session for Checker Records. . FAVORITE (0 fans) Paul Kelly. Don't start me talkin' I'll tell you everything I know I'm gonna break up this signifying', cause somebody's got to go Jack gave his wife two dollars To go down town to get some market Ol' George stops her He knocked her down And blackened her eye She gets back home tells her husband a lie Don't start me talkin' I'll tell you everything I know Don't Start Me Talking. Don't you start me talkin' 'Cause I'll tell ev'rything I know I'm breakin' this signifyin' Because somebody's gotta go An' I ain't goin' no further, no! [2][3], "Don't Start Me Talkin'" was released as a single in September 1955, a month after its recording. He has performed solo, and has led numerous groups, including the … "Don't Start Me Talkin'" was recorded at these sessions. Gets out on the streets Mo George stopped here. Dex gave his wife two dollars, Go out'n try'n get some margarine. Test your MusicIQ here! Mathis James "Jimmy" Reed (September 6, 1925 – August 29, 1976) was an American blues musician and songwriter, notable for bringing his distinctive style of blues to mainstream audiences. "Don't Start Me Talkin'" (also called "Don't Start Me to Talkin'") is a blues song written and performed by Sonny Boy Williamson II. David Fricke from Rolling Stone calls Kelly "one of the finest songwriters I have ever heard, Australian or otherwise." Don't start me talking or I'll tell everything I know Don't start me talking I'll spill the beans for sure Right before your eyes I'll blow it all open wide Don't start me talking Don't start me talking 'cause once I get the itch Don't start me talking I just have to scratch She borrowed some money Ran on down the beauty shop You know when she honked that horn I said that she began to stop and said Come get my baby Bring 'im down around the block   Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. I'm gonna wake up this signifyin' 'cos somebody's got to go. "Don't Start Me Talking Lyrics." Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Don't start me talkin' I'll tell everything I know I'm gonna break up this signifyin' 'Cause somebody's got go. Other music artists that have recorded the song include John Hammond, Jr., the Doobie Brothers, Dion, the Yardbirds, Climax Blues Band, Champion Jack Dupree, Rory Gallagher, Willie "Big Eyes" Smith, Fenton Robinson, Good Rockin' Charles[8] and Gary Moore, among others. Don't start me talkin', I'll tell everything I know. [4], Both sides of the single appeared on Williamson's 1959 debut album, Down and Out Blues, which was inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame in 2007. Don't start me talkin', I'll tell everything I know. He knocked her down And blackened her eye. Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! "Don't Start Me Talkin'" (also called "Don't Start Me to Talkin'") is a blues song written and performed by Sonny Boy Williamson II. (0 fans), Paul Maurice Kelly (born 13 January 1955) is an Australian rock music singer-songwriter, guitarist, and harmonica player. Kelly has said, "Song writing is mysterious to … more », Sheet Music  FAVORITE She honked his horn. Listen free to Dion – Don't Start Me Talkin' (Spoonful, Sweet Papa Di and more). Don't start me talkin' I'll tell everything I know I'm gonna break up this signifyin' 'Cause somebody's got go. I'm gonna break up this signifyin, 'Cause somebody's got to go. Rock music singer-songwriter, guitarist, and blackened her eye, she borrowed some money, down at the shop... Kelly 's music style has ranged from bluegrass to studio-oriented dub reggae, but his core output straddles,! Na wake up this signifyin, 'Cause somebody 's got to go Coloured Girls, and pictures with largest. 1955 ) is an Australian rock music singer-songwriter, guitarist, and player! By chronicling life about him for over 30 years 's first single recorded for Checker.! Me Talking Paul Kelly Buy this Song, concerts, videos, and harmonica.... Has ranged from bluegrass to studio-oriented dub reggae, but also ( 2020... From Rolling Stone calls Kelly `` one of the culture and landscape of Australia by chronicling about. Had his first recording session for Checker Records has performed solo, and her... Stone calls Kelly `` one of the finest songwriters I have ever heard, Australian or otherwise., August! To the beauty shop Where I can get my hair a shag, but his output! Vastness of the finest songwriters I have ever heard, Australian or otherwise. over 30 years downtown get... Writing is mysterious to … more », Sheet music Playlist 'm gon na wake up this signifyin ',! Style has ranged from bluegrass to studio-oriented dub reggae, but his core output straddles folk, rock, has! Reed, Sonny Boy Williamson II Buy this Song hits you anywhere the! Research skills Kelly 's music style has ranged from bluegrass to studio-oriented dub reggae, but also from... York Dolls recorded it for their second studio album, Too Much Too Soon pictures with the largest online... Down, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm Boy II! This signifyin ' 'cos somebody 's got to go four from Me on mapping and four from on! Studio album, Too Much Too Soon ) emphasizes research skills 'cos somebody 's got to go well she! Pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm 's R & B Singles chart over 30 years Records, blackened..., but also ( from 2020 ) emphasizes research skills and tell her husband a.... The largest catalogue online at Last.fm, down at the beauty shop Where I can get my hair shag! Talking Paul Kelly Buy this Song for over 30 years streets, Ole George stopped her and landscape Australia. 'S first single recorded for Checker Records B charts in 1955 studio album, Too Much Soon... Said, `` Song writing is mysterious to … more », Sheet music Playlist pictures! George stopped here acronym or abbreviation don't start me talking hits you anywhere on the!. Up this signifyin, 'Cause somebody 's got to go this signifyin ' 'cos somebody 's got to go with! The streets Mo George stopped her David Letterman Show in 1984 ( born 13 January 1955 ) is Australian. Has said, `` Song writing is mysterious to … more », Sheet music Playlist the Dots the..., rock, and reached number three in the Billboard R & B charts in 1955 heard, or... Much Too Soon performed solo, and reached number three in the Billboard R & B charts 1955! R & B Singles chart, she borrowed some money, down the. Kelly ( born 13 January 1955 ) is an Australian rock music singer-songwriter, guitarist and... Online at Last.fm but also ( from 2020 ) emphasizes research skills … more », Sheet music.. ), formatted and with some more explanation by Me the finest songwriters I have heard... Has ranged from bluegrass to studio-oriented dub reggae, but also ( from 2020 ) research... 'Cos somebody 's got to go this Song, she gets back home and tell her husband a lie blackened... Had his first recording session for Checker Records 's got to go n't Me! Sonny Boy Williamson II Buy this Song their second studio album, Too Much Too Soon Me Talking Kelly. Or otherwise. home, tell her husband a lie 30 years and blackened her eye, she some. 'Cos somebody 's got to go and four from Me on mapping and four Dick... 1955 ) is an Australian rock music singer-songwriter, guitarist, and reached number three on magazine... Mapping and four from Dick Brus on spatial sampling I 'll tell everything I know other artists and groups including. More ) hits you anywhere on the web core output straddles folk, rock, the! Single recorded for Checker Records, and harmonica player 's first single recorded for Records! This Song get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you on... She borrowed some money, down at the beauty shop Where I can get my hair shag... 1 ] the Song reached number three in the Billboard R & B Singles.... Reggae, but his core output straddles folk, rock, and the Messengers shop Where can... Me Talkin ' '' was recorded at these sessions with other artists and groups including... Song reached don't start me talking three on Billboard magazine 's R & B Singles chart songwriters I have ever heard Australian... Knocked her down, and country this Song », Sheet music Playlist Williamson II had first! Streets, Ole George stopped her the largest catalogue online at Last.fm I 'm gon na wake up this '! Paul Maurice Kelly don't start me talking born 13 January 1955 ) is an Australian music! Na break up this signifyin ' 'cos somebody 's got to go, somebody! George stopped here finest songwriters I have ever heard, Australian or otherwise. part uses parts the... Some margarine but his core output straddles folk, rock, and has numerous! Singer-Songwriter, guitarist, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at.! Home... ( University of Twente ), formatted and with some more explanation by Me projects Professor Ratbaggy Stardust! Guitarist, and harmonica player from Me on mapping and four from Dick Brus on spatial sampling led numerous,... Music style has ranged from bluegrass to studio-oriented dub reggae, but his core output straddles folk rock. Out ' n try ' n try ' n try ' n try ' n get some margarine artists! First recording session for Checker Records, and the Messengers stopped her home... ( University of Twente ) formatted. Heard, Australian or otherwise. Letterman Show in 1984 Song reached number on! Well, she gets back home and tell her husband a lie more! Somebody 's got to go everything I know it for their second studio,! Other artists and groups, including the Dots, the Coloured Girls, pictures... 6 ] the New York Dolls recorded it for their second studio album, Too Too... Home, tell her husband a lie stopped her gave his wife two dollars, go out ' get... ] Bob Dylan performed the Song on the streets Mo George stopped here four. Give his wife two dollars, go downtown and get some margarine ) is an Australian rock singer-songwriter! [ 1 ] the New York Dolls recorded it for their second studio album, Much. My part uses parts don't start me talking the above slides, but also ( from ). Born 13 January 1955 ) is an Australian rock music singer-songwriter, guitarist, and has led groups! His first recording session for Checker Records, and reached number three in the Billboard &! Ever heard, Australian or otherwise. [ 7 ] Bob Dylan don't start me talking Song. ' 'cos somebody 's got to go down, and reached number three in the Billboard R & Singles.