I’m Christin and I’m passionate about cooking and living a healthy lifestyle. Keep it traditional with this sage and sausage dressing. Squeeze the juice of the remaining lemon on top and drizzle with optional oil, mix once more. | Privacy Policy. Here are more recipes for hardy greens. I encourage you to get heart smart quinoa and kale into your diet and enjoy the benefits of clean, healthy eating! Uncover and remove from heat. *Nutrition shown for recipe using oil, see blog for nutrition facts without oil. This was delicious – our first foray with kale, thank you for helping make it a success! Note: the hot quinoa will wilt the kale. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s a little brown and smells nutty. Her writing and recipes have appeared online and in print publications such as The Kitchn, Epicurious, TASTE, Bon Appetit, Serious Eats, Food & Wine and others. Hi! Haven’t tried it. This Kale and Quinoa Salad recipe has been my new to-go lunch lately and I just love it. Very delicious, I just want to make it again, I added broccoli, red cappo, pepitos and pine nuts. It has been proven that a healthy diet improves mood. This is a great place to add a sprinkle of sunflower or pepitas (pumpkin) seeds. So glad you liked. One-Pot Wonders: Vegan Quinoa, Broccoli, and Kale Curry, Food52's Roasted Broccoli with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette and Marcona Almonds, Dinner Tonight: Polenta with Broccoli and Tomato, Dinner Tonight: Baked Potatoes with Broccoli and Cheddar, Pan-Seared Halibut with Caramelized Cauliflower & Hazelnuts, Dinner Tonight: Orecchiette with Cauliflower, Bacon, and Breadcrumbs, Dinner Tonight: Pasta with Cauliflower and Anchovies, Cook the Book: Lasagna with Roasted Cauliflower Ricotta and Spinach, Glazed Winter Vegetable Medley With Chestnuts and Caper Berries From 'Feast', Dinner Tonight: Fusilli with Sausage, Kale, and Sungold Tomatoes, The Crisper Whisperer: Braised Kale with Caramelized Onions, Walnuts, and Blue Cheese, Cook the Book: Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes, Classic Sage and Sausage Stuffing (Dressing), The Ultimate Homemade Green Bean Casserole. It’s packed with plant-based protein and also super versatile. you’ll avoid the nasty cravings for the unhealthy carbs because you’ll give your brain and muscles carbohydrates, the fuel they need, so you won’t crave energy! Learn more on our Terms of Use page. :). Notify me of follow up comments via e-mail. How To Make Kale and Quinoa Salad. some carbs! Before cooking the quinoa according to the package, we toasted ours slightly for 1 minute by lightly spritzing olive oil in a spray jar in a pan to bring out more flavor. Once the quinoa is ready, add the kale, bell pepper, carrots, onion, and cucumber with the quinoa. Julienne the kale and give a good rough chop. Another healthy quinoa casserole made with kale, onions, and mushrooms and without any added oils or fats. Massage the kale and prep the carrots, red pepper, cucumber, zucchini, and red onion. This recipe makes 4 (1-cup) servings. Nutritional yeast provides a big B-12 boost and terrific cheesy flavor. We cook everything in a single pot, minimizing on clean-up. Tart this dish up with a handful of your favorite chopped herbs, pair it with grilled vegetables or tempeh or serve with a salad. The good news is, most packaged quinoa is already “pre-rinsed“. Recipes like Quinoa Salad with Oranges, Beets & Pomegranates and Vegan Buddha Bowl are nutritious, tasty and make the most of a delicious grain. Reduce heat to low and cover. Feel free to change up the salad to your liking by adding or subtracting any vegetables you prefer. :), Your email address will not be published. Meanwhile (while waiting for quinoa to cook), in a small or medium dry skillet over medium heat, add the raw pine nuts. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy. Add the broth, and adjust the heat to maintain an active boil for exactly 9 minutes. Pour the olive oil into the skillet and return to heat. Add the salt, chili powder, and lime juice. Stir immediately until combined (STEP 7). Meanwhile, over medium heat in a small or medium dry skillet, add the raw pine nuts (STEP 4). Stir in the kale … Garlic and kale are sauteed with quinoa and sesame oil for a quick and easy side dish. If you try this healthy quinoa salad recipe, please let me know! Add vegetable stock/broth, water, minced onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Your email address will not be published. Stir constantly for about 2-3 minutes until slightly browned, being careful not to burn. Jump to Recipe. Maca Root: Are There Side Effects or Precautions? Making this gluten-free grain the star of any meal is easy as it can be cooked quickly. A perfect accompaniment for turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. Perfect for light lunch, dinner or make ahead meals. Hooray to your first time with kale…I'm honored to have been the recipe of choice for your first time with the king of leafy greens. Might I also add, this kale and quinoa salad is anti-aging, anti-fattening and a mood enhancing salad. Just note that in this case, additional spices may be necessary. Some HTML is OK: link, strong, em. Bring to boil over medium high heat, cover, reduce heat and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside. Add a rating: Comments can take a minute to appear—please be patient! Simple, Vegan and Gluten-Free. Great dish! Required fields are marked *. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. This kale quinoa recipe is great. Quinoa is a great whole grain that is high in fiber and protein. Peel and grate carrot. Lemon Ginger Tea: 5 Reasons Why You Should Drink It, ⅓ cup pine nuts (or substitute crushed walnuts). Making this gluten-free grain the star of any meal is easy as it can be cooked quickly. Place a large dry skillet over medium-high heat. Add pine nuts and toss to combine. Oh perfect. Toss sautéed vegetables and chickpeas with quinoa. Can you please recommend a substitution for the white wine besides just water? Toasting spices helps them develop flavor and distributes that flavor evenly throughout the dish. Jena, some low-sodium vegetable stock would work well, too. Note: The type of vegetable broth you use may affect the color and the taste of this dish slightly. Add quinoa, chickpeas, yeast, and curry powder and cook, stirring, just until heated through, about 2 minutes. One-Pot Black Bean Quinoa Chili with Avocad, The Most Satisfying Weight Loss Breakfast, Blueberry Protein Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothie. Thank you! Or just go for the water, and add a seasoning that you really like, or a mixed seasoning blend. Add quinoa. Kale can be tough and bitter, massaging kale before using it will help soften and reduce the bitterness, making it a little easier to eat. Hi, and welcome to The Simple Veganista where you'll find healthy, affordable, EASY VEGAN RECIPES everyone will love! Add a little salt, lemon pepper and big squeeze of lemon, and toss well to combine. 8 Comments Categories: 1 Hour or Less, 30 Minutes or Less, Appetizer + Snack, Chickpea, Easy Vegan Dinner Recipes, Entree, Fall, Gluten-Free, Grain Free, Healthy Vegan Salad Recipes, Heart Healthy, Kale, Low-Fat, Meal Prep, Oil-Free, One Bowl (Or Pot), Quick + Easy Vegan Recipes, Quick + Easy Vegan Weeknight Dinners, Quinoa, Quinoa Salads, Refined Sugar Free, Savory, Side, Snacks, Soy-Free, Spring, Summer, Tree Nut-Free, Vegan Recipes, Well-Balanced, Winter. Get creative. Stir in fresh herbs or use them to top individual servings. Copyright 2020 - VegKitchen.com - All Rights Reserved. Hemp hearts would also be great. Add quinoa and heat for 3-4 minutes until slightly toasted*, stirring occasionally. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s a little brown and smells nutty. Remove from pan immediately to cool. Ellen Kanner writes the Meatless Monday column for The Huffingon Post, is the Edgy Veggie, a syndicated columnist, and Dinner Guest blogger on Culinate. Naturally gluten-free, quinoa is a whole grain that has SO many health benefits.