I’m so happy you’re here! Butterfinger Cookie Bars. I pressed some additional chocolate chips into the top of the chocolate chip square; sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top of the snickerdoodle square; pressed a fork into the top of the peanut butter square for that classic peanut butter cookie crisscross look; pressed a few white chocolate chips and few macadamia nuts into the top of the white chocolate macadamia nut square; pressed some raisins into the top of the oatmeal raisin square; and last, but certainly not least, some chocolate chips into the top of the chocolate chocolate chip square. Press the cookie doughs down evenly, with your hands, to fill the sixth of the sheet pan that each cookie dough is in. Remove pan to a wire cooling rack. https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/sheet-pan-chocolate-chip-cookie-bars You’ll need to let the dough defrost so that you can press it into the sheet pan when you are ready to bake the cookie bars. Yes, you can freeze chocolate chip cookies bars. Oh goodness, I wonder if you left out one of the sugars or didn’t put enough flour into the dough? I love to garnish my cookies before I bake them, so I topped each square of cookie dough with a few of the goodies that are within it. The options are endless with this recipe so certainly make it your own with the cookie flavors you and your loved ones would enjoy most. Can the dough be frozen? Would it be possible to freeze them? Hope this helps and that y’all enjoy baking and eating them! In fact, these are adapted from my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. I made the plain cookie dough last night and refrigerated the 6 balls of dough overnight. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar until fluffy. Wife and mom of 3 living in Ohio. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. So happy to hear. The error has been corrected and the recipe should read as 1-1/2 cups butter which is 3 sticks. Enjoy! Mix in cinnamon, salt, baking soda, flour and oatmeal and mix until well combined. I would recommend just spraying your pan well with non-stick cooking spray. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Better yet, bake the cookie bars in a brand new pan, slap a bow on top with a recipe card and give the whole tray as a gift to the host. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cookies comes out clean. Hi Sheila! They stay soft and chewy and they slice really well. I made these the other day and shared with my daughter and grandkids. The six most classic cookie flavors out there can be easily baked with one cookie dough base. I love making 6 different kinds of bars at one time, all in one pan. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the 1-1/2 cups butter and sugars until well combined. 1/2 cup of sugar When you bake them, be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @thebakermama so I can see! You should get exactly 4.5 cups of cookie dough if mixed according to the exact recipe ingredient measurements. Tag @thebakermama on Instagram and hashtag it #thebakermama. What is a best way to store them? Once cooled, cut into squares for serving. This recipe serves 12 for a decent size cookie square but you can make the squares smaller to feed more if you need to. Best bars ever & so much fun to make 6 different varieties! Meanwhile, place the flavor additions in six different smaller bowls. 1 large egg We’re talking chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, peanut butter, white chocolate macadamia nut, oatmeal raisin and chocolate chocolate chip! Avoid overmixing. So I ended up with only 5 flavors and they didn’t even fill the baking sheet completely (which may have been a little bigger than the one in the recipe). 1/2 tsp baking soda My boys went through a phase where they loved Butterfingers. Crisp on the outside while super chewy within. How to Make Sheet Pan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Just checking ingredients to see if I can make and isn’t a cup of butter two sticks? I hope your day is fi, Home for the Holi-Graze! If you do, I would recommend going ahead and pressing it into the sheet pan if the sheet pan will fit in your refrigerator. They loved it! | Privacy Policy. Set aside. That’s my usual go to in order to prevent cookies from sticking but not sure it would work with this recipe. It’s quickly become a family favorite that we all love making and, of course, eating! Yay Karen! The first time we baked these sheet pan cookie bars, we each took a bite of each flavor so we could vote for our favorite. All of the flavors bake so deliciously with this cookie dough base recipe. You can definitely make the dough in advance. This might be my greatest baking creation yet! 2 cups all-purpose flour Top with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious treat! Hi MMJ! It is such a fun and yummy family baking activity! Be still my cookie loving heart. Each flavor bakes up so perfectly delicious. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the 1-1/2 cups butter and … Once they’re cool, cut them into bars and then wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe baggie or container. Each cookie dough should be pressed up next to the other cookie doughs that are beside it to fill the entire sheet pan. Copyright ©2020 - Everyday Shortcuts. To do so allow them to cool off completely and store in an air tight container and freeze up to 3 months. And the flavors are spot one for each one. These Sheet Pan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are soft and chewy with melt in your mouth chocolate chips good!