Great idea to spice up the norm. This spiced bacon-wrapped pork loin is finished with a tangy, seasoned brown sugar glaze. https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/bacon-draped-injected-pork-roast I love slow cooking a tenderloin, but I get tired of the same ol recipes. No bacon, don’t have time for a store run, next time. Sign up and get a free ebook of Raichlen’s Burgers plus weekly recipes and tips straight from Steven Raichlen! It is reasonably priced, super tender and has a wonderful flavour when it comes out of the smoker. Plus it adds great flavor. Open the roast up as you would a book. Awesome stuff! With about 30 minutes left of smoking, brush the honey all over the bacon and then continue smoking until fully cooked. I love this recipe! That is the best way to gauge and monitor the smoking. It is delicious like that and also great sliced or chopped up to be used in other dishes including chili, pasta, salad, wraps and more. Step 6: Transfer the cooked roast to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes, then remove and discard the strings. OK – this was the BOMB. I find the more uniform the loin, the easier it is to stuff and no one gets a medallion with less cheese. I’m making it for the second time today. All you need is a fresh pork tenderloin, some bacon, and some Cajun spice dry rub. https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2697055 Cook the roast until cooked through, 1 to 1½ hours. Smoking a pork tenderloin is a wonderful thing. Sprinkle a third of the rub over the inside of the roast. Place a slice of bacon across the strings so that it is perpendicular to and in the center of them. As such, I’ve been doing a stuffed pork tenderlion, using the biggest I can find, but flanking them, spreading a stuffing mixture of finely chopped fresh spinach, dried/sweetened cranberries, chopped pecans and orange zest atop a ‘bed/smear’ of goat cheese mixture(OJ, S&P, smoked Paprika & O. powder). Season the pork tenderloin with the rub mixture then wrap in bacon. If you have an Instant Pot, this Pork Loin recipe is a great one to try. Step 3: Make the glaze: Combine the butter, brown sugar, mustard, and whiskey in a saucepan and boil until syrupy, 4 to 6 minutes. TX. I substituted the red peppers with New Mexico green chili mixed with the cream cheese and mozzarella It was the best tenderloin I’ve ever eaten. Love your stuffing mixture. Everything is better with bacon – right?!? If I am smoking a pork tenderloin without stuffing and no bacon, I tend to smoke at a lower heat, usually set at 225F and smoke it until it reaches 145-150F. I put my charcoal on the right and a pan under the roast on the left.. During the next couple weeks I will be sharing a lot of recipes with different types of stuffing that are all excellent. This is the perfect dish for meal prepping! If using a gas grill, place all of the wood chips or chunks in the smoker box or in a smoker pouch and run the grill on high until you see smoke, then reduce the heat to medium. Rinse and pat the roast dry. It’s easy, has great flavor and makes plenty. Fold the roast back together (like closing a book) and sprinkle the remaining rub over the outside. Tie each piece of string together around the roast so that they hold the slices of bacon against it. Perfection. I will smoke pork tenderloins just straight up with a bit of rub and BBQ sauce. Drizzle maple syrup over the pork tenderloin and continue cooking the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin until the internal temperature hits 145 degrees… It is so hard to say because it can really vary depending on the shape and thickness of the roast. https://www.foodnetwork.com/.../bacon-wrapped-pork-tenderloin-4721167 I’ve made this great recipi e gonna make it with a turkey tenderloin!! Close up the tenderloins ensuring that the cheese stays inside the pocket of the meat. The bacon wouldn’t reach around this fatty so I used toothpicks to hold it in place and keep the tenderloin from losing all the yummy goodness packed in there. This website is filled with lots of recipes highlighting my culinary journey. Jalapeno cream cheese and a roasted orange pepper, some grated parmesan and some kale.. Remove the pork tenderloins from the smoker and let them rest for about 10 minutes. Even melted cheese usually stays inside the meat. I am a foodie and a self taught cook who loves to prepare food for my family. It's a wonderful combination of sweet, spicy, and smoky flavors. Total Time: 2 hours 40 minutes. This bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin was smoked on a Traeger for about an hour, so you know it was extra juicy and delicious! We had Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin for dinner, I had it for lunch, and we’ve got another meal or two. Your recipe combos have given me new ideas and now I have a month to play with them before the events start…sweet, thank you! Just check the temperature when it is cooking. But, my favourite way to prepare a smoked pork tenderloin is to stuff it. Along with the cheeses, I also mixed in some minced roasted red peppers which provides a wonderful rich flavour to the stuffing. Lay out 5 strips of bacon and roll one pork tenderloin to fully wrap them. Lay down 2 large pieces of butcher’s twine on your work surface. I love this recipe! This spiced bacon-wrapped pork loin is finished with a tangy, seasoned brown sugar glaze. Do you cook to internal temp or time? I am a newbie and want to try this tomorrow. Also use the indirect grilling method with the coals off to the side. As a Chef, I’m always trying to trying push myself to be more creative. Tying a stuffed cut of meat with kitchen twine helps to keep the stuffing where it is supposed to be. After being in the smoker for 1 hr and 30 min internal temp is 168. Smoke the pork until they reach an internal temperature of 165F and the bacon is rendered and starting to crisp, approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Adjust the temperature on your smoker up to 400 degrees.