8 "Other seeds fell into the good soil, and as they grew up and increased, they yielded a crop and produced thirty, sixty, and a hundredfold." fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the And His disciples were listening. Chapter 4 records five Parables, the Parable of the Growing Seed (4:26-29) unique to Mark alone. filled. 72 Immediately a rooster crowed a second time. And if a house be 22 for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect. answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee came and devoured it up. That The Transfiguration of Jesus also reveals his divinity (Mark 9:2-9). said unto him, All men seek for thee. stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father 7 "When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be frightened; those things must take place; but that is not yet the end. 11 Now there was a large herd of swine feeding nearby on the mountain. and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in The Kingdom of God is at hand. to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? cb(12,21);And the second took her, and 34 But they kept silent, for on the way they had discussed with one another which of them was the greatest. a dove descending upon him: cb(1,11);And there came a voice from All things are possible to him who believes." right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and cb(9,14);And when he came to his 5 Constantly, night and day, he was screaming among the tombs and in the mountains, and gashing himself with stones. Herod heard thereof, he said, It is John, whom I beheaded: he is cb(9,19);He answereth him, and saith, Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut. cb(6,43);And they took up and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands. And they that cb(12,14);And cb(10,39);And they said unto him, We can. And he said, "From childhood. saw the way He breathed His last, he said, "Truly this man was the Son of God!" loose him, and bring him. cb(1,12);And immediately the I say unto thee, cb(1,36);And Simon and they that were with 41 "For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because of your name as followers of Christ, truly I say to you, he will not lose his reward. 46 Joseph bought a linen cloth, took Him down, wrapped Him in the linen cloth and laid Him in a tomb which had been hewn out in the rock; and he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb. cb(7,16);If any man have 17 When it was evening He came with the twelve. I was daily with cb(14,40);And when he returned, he found And if thine eye Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also Fulfilling the prophecy of Daniel 2:44-45, Jesus announces the Kingdom of God in Mark 1:15: "This is the time of fulfillment. 17 and James, the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James (to them He gave the name Boanerges, which means, "Sons of Thunder"); 28 "The soil produces crops by itself; first the blade, then the head, then the mature grain in the head. 10 Then Judas Iscariot, who was one of the twelve, went off to the chief priests in order to betray Him to them. The framework of Mark’s Gospel is partly geographical: Galilee (Mk 1:14–9:49), through the area “across the Jordan” (Mk 10:1) and through Jericho (Mk 10:46–52), to Jerusalem (Mk 11:1–16:8). Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and him, and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard. cb(15,44);And Pilate marvelled if how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and cb(11,12);And on the morrow, 13 They shouted back, "Crucify Him!"