Vegan cream cheese? French fries or sweet potato fries. This vegan tofu cream cheese can be whipped up within 7 minutes. Would firm silken tofu work? I know I may be in the minority here, but I think I have mastered tofu. Cream cheese will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The coconut oil helps iit set up in the fridge so it’s great for spreading. *It really doesn’t matter what shape. This is going to be a staple in our household! Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 15 minutes, the sauce will reduce a bit and get a little thicker. Had plenty to drizzle on brussel sprouts! it came out so amazing, this is such a staple recipe. Steps (Baking options below!) Oh man, since going plant based 2 years ago, we have had many tasty forms of tofu, and this one, hands down, is the best. A new family favorite! I chose the cream cheese flavors I’ve always loved in the past (since my undergrad days, when the local deli just so happened to carry at least 4 tofu cream cheese flavors), but you could choose different herbs or vegetables. Suggestions on substitution for the coconut? Learn how your comment data is processed. I also prefer the tofu in more two bite size pieces too, although they look good in triangles. Made this last week and already coming back to make it again. Slice the tofu into any shape you like but i sliced mine into rectangles. Also is extra firm tofu okay? ½ cup white wine (optional or add equal amount vegetable broth) We made it twice in a week. Stir to combine and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. I think vegan cream cheese would work! I used to love fish topped with lemon dill sauce. In the first one, add the cornstarch and the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. the tanginess is spot on to cream cheese’s. Now, add the dill and simmer for another 5 minutes. Way better than any store bought cream cheese! water, Breading: 2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs of choice. This was so yummy!!! Taste; adjust lemon and salt as desired. Thanks for sharing. I attempted to print just your recipe but got 4 pages colored pictures also. To make the cream cheese sweet, I would include the miso and nutritional yeast because they make it “cheesy”. Repeat with all the tofu, then spray the tops of the tofu with more non-stick spray. Heat oil and 1 tablespoon of the Earth Balance butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. If you love nooch as much as I do, you can add more than the suggested 1-2 tablespoons. As a vegan chef and vegan food truck owner I would highly recommend this cream cheese recipe! Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Crispy Tofu 3 blocks (240g each), extra firm tofu Canola or other neutral oil, for frying, Batter: 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1 tbsp corn starch 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 3/4 cup room temp. Now, I have to say that I had to add a lot more salt than as well as fresh garlic and chives – but it turned out amazing! Amazingly delicious, we did end up doubling both the marinade and the sauce, but otherwise, everything was perfect. Mine wasn’t as pretty but tasted fabulous. Did a garlic and dillweed version and i cannot wait to try others. Then pour in the vegetable broth, lemon juice, and coconut cream. Thanks! Yesterday we made macaroni and cheese with it- just added a little cashew milk and topped it with Chao Cayenne cheese crumbled. This is absolutely delicious!!! Omg, I was literally just wondering how I could make a good homemade alternative for this. Recipe redo! It’s also amazing with Vegan Mashed Potatoes or Vegan Cauliflower Mash! 1 ⁄ 4. teaspoon kelp powder. Firm or soft tofu works. Wow! We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. I have made 3 of your recipes now and they are all so good and easy. Set aside once coated. Hola! This will definitely be a staple in our house, thank you for sharing! Taste and adjust seasonings. 1. ♥️ It’s so easy and takes no time at all. SO GOOD! Wishing all of you—and wishing myself—a calm, grounded conclusion to this week. Place tofu mixture into a sealable Tupperware or bowl. It was even easier and more of a success than I thought. Dear Gena, wanted to let you know I made this to share at a little art reception we had in our neighborhood for an art show my neighbor and I have up. Can not recommend this enough. Cover and place in the fridge. Gena–this looks fab! It gets quite thick, so you will need to help it along with a damper or wooden spoon. So simple and so yummy! Not a vegan in the house but me, and the crowd LOVED this spread. Potatoes? 1 ⁄ 8. cup nutritional yeast. Making a tofu pasta cream sauce from 600 g silken tofu instead of the equal 2 1/2 cups dairy Half & Half cream (considered low-fat cream) reduces calories from 787.5 to 270 calories. Can you use another plant based milk besides soy? Cut the pressed tofu into four tofu “steaks”*. Heat until thick, but don’t let it come back to a boil. I know it would affect the color which I don’t really mind but would it affect the flavor ? This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Sold six paintings! I miss my routines and the freedoms of my old schedule, and suddenly the year ahead of me feels very long. Cinnamon Spice Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, My Favorite Vegan Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Fudgy Secret Ingredient Vegan Skillet Brownies, Sweet Potato Spelt Galette with Cashew Cheese, Nantucket cranberry pie ❤️ I will definitely be making this over and over as well as recommending to friends. Your email address will not be published. Once the tofu is done, serve the tofu with the sauce on top. Auntie gonna love to try this. I highly recommend just giving it a try! Thanks for the feedback, Stefanie! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. A super easy, crispy baked tofu. Thanks so much- it’s a family favorite.