<3. Are the measurements listed for a 9 X 9 pan and need to be doubled for a 9X 13 pan.? And all the better with some seriously tasty food to bring us all together. . Happy Birthday to your little man. You can also subscribe without commenting. Anything I can eat with my hands is a winner in my boom especially if it involves cream cheese frosting! I did have to keep them in the oven 10 mins longer before the center was completely set. I also made a 3/4 batch of the frosting since that was all the powdered sugar I had on hand, but it was more than enough. Glad that you figured it out and enjoyed the cake!! Stay safe! I haven’t tried this in a 9×13 pan so I can’t be sure. And they ended up being so ridiculously delicious that I thought I would snap a few quick pics to share the recipe with you today. I mixed both types of sugar with the dry ingredients the night before (read the recipe wrong). Grew and Grew and Grew—in an eye blink. It should be a 9×13 pan. We’re only a few days away from both Christmas and Hanukkah so things are getting cray over here. Carrot cake is such a favorite, one cannot go wrong fixing any kind of a variation of it. We only added the pecans. Awesome mixture of spices along with being nice and moist. This post may contain affiliate links. These are happening in my kitchen soon! Less dishes for me equals winning. Carrot cake is my husband’s favorite, and he said this may have been the best he’s ever had! These carrot cake bars are perfect to serve up at Easter dinner, but I love that they’re easy enough to make anytime. Yikes! It was a winner! If you encounter a really RUDE person just stare at them till they go away I am now at the age where I do not mind telling my age, once you are old people are awed that you made it this far. optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts or 1/4 cup raisins. Mostly so I can double fist them. Yes! Once the mixture is all stirred together you’ll spread it into a greased jelly roll pan. For the cream cheese frosting, you’ll beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. It’s made completely from scratch and has a blondie feel about it. I added some chopped walnuts and the texture is heavenly. It will be very strange not to spend Easter with our family! No self control over here! This carrot cake bars recipe is easy to make, perfectly moist and lightly spiced and full of fresh carrots, and topped with the most heavenly cream cheese frosting. Easter Cookies: Our favorite cookie dough all dressed up for the Easter Bunny! Grating the carrots: You can either grate the carrots by hand with a box grater or by using the shredding disk on a food processor. :) It is what we eat around now. why do our boys have to grow up so fast? This recipe comes together super easily without any of the stress of making a whole layer cake. Save time, eat better, and enjoy life more with my TOP 5 KITCHEN HACKS! Great moist, delicious recipe for our stay at home Easter. So good! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I added both the 4oz raisins (Golden) and the nuts (walnuts). Love that these bars are finger food. Let’s get making these carrot cake bars. But, he always passes it up in favor of another dessert. I added pecans, & coconut to batter but the cake was very dry!maybe if I had added some pineapple.. Any suggestions to make the bass extra moist? I made the icing the same way as you did and I would agree that part was delicious! Storing Carrot Cake Bars. Oh I will definitely be using my hands to eat these. Hello. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Best wishes! These bars look great. Hmmm, was the cake maybe in the oven a bit too long? This is the first cake I’ve ever baked. I used Canola oil, I grated my carrots in a food processor, and added raisins. I have made so many of your recipes and they are foolproof. So good! It couldn’t be easier or tastier! I threw away the rest just because it made me nervous. A-MA-ZING! Paleo-friendly carrot cake bars made with almond flour and sweetened with coconut sugar. The trick is pick an age and stick to it. They were great and was a big fan of the smaller portion size! Required fields are marked *. Make it count with these kid-friendly favs. Don’t mind me if I snag 2 or 3 of them. I was worried they would be dry, but they were still wonderful. Log in. Delicious! how many carrots is 8 oz if I’m shredding by hand? 3 cups sound a lot! Mar 9, 2018 - Carrot Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting - chocked full of carrots and cinnamon this yummy cookie bar is frosted with delicious cream cheese frosting. Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. This recipe and size was exactly what I was looking for. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. I heaped my spices because I do love the extra oomph. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe I like the addition of nuts/raisins AND also a small amount of crushed pineapple to the batter and the juice to the frosting for an additional taste treat. Spread the batter evenly in a 15x10 rimmed baking sheet. I wasn’t clear in my previous message….too busy thinking about my first piece of frosted carrot cake, I guess. I like to use vanilla bean paste for this recipe so that you get the little flecks of vanilla bean in the frosting. ★☆ Spray an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray and set aside. ♡. I’ve been craving carrot cake, but didn’t want to make a big cake since it’s just my hubs and I at home while we’re social distancing. Since we like a less sweet frosting, I used two cups of powdered sugar instead of three and I did add walnuts. These look outrageously good! Then mixed the wet ingredients in the next AM. Here are the basic steps to make these carrot cake bars! Sooooooooo good! I just made the full recipe and it is definitely more batter than will fit in a 9×9. Just made this recipe and it was a big hit. :). PS. I found the frosting did not need as much powdered sugar as the recipe called for, so I added it to taste. For others please edit the directions and add the nuts in with all the other ingredients ! Carrot cake is one of my favorites! ! To make these, you’ll add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine…it’s just that easy! I added about half a cup of walnuts and only needed 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar for the frosting and it turned out great! My birthday is next week and will be celebrated alone so a smaller version of my favorite cake is much appreciated. When I cute into it, all the carrots had turned black. and cover them completely. I love all the carrot cake recipes this time of year – one of my favorite cakes! Mix to combine. And who wouldn’t love one of these bars with that creamy topping? I highly recommend serving these carrot cake bars with a cup of strong coffee or hot tea. I only have full-fat cream cheese. All love carrot cake. Oops….sorry, I meant to say that when I doubled the recipe using the 2x tab, which changes the written recipe quantities…… it doesn’t change the pan size in the written recipe. Thanks! In this situation, I haven’t been able to get any all purpose flour! Pinned! Love these carrot cake bars – they look awesome! With the mixer on low, gradually add the powdered sugar until the frosting reaches the consistency you prefer. Your email address will not be published. Tiramisu Cake (classic white cake soaked with espresso, coffee cream cheese filling, whipped cream icing). I substituted Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free all purpose flour for the regular all purpose flour. Learn how your comment data is processed. Microwave for 30 seconds. I had to use an 8 x 8 pan, and I needed to cook this for an additional 10 minutes. They’re moist, delicious and perfect for the carrot cake lover in your life.