This website uses cookies to provide you with the best browsing experience. After you finish a clean Windows 10 installation on your PC, you will find it display nothing but a Recycle Bin icon on the desktop. However, the USB display in Device Manage is less than ideal for tracking down the actual connections. I am setting up CUBE 4 NANO WINDOWS 10 BETA BUT MY COMPUTER DOESN’T RECOGNIZE ANY KIND OF PROBLEMS YOU HAVE INFORMED ASAP. To make it more convenient to open some commonly used utilities/apps such as My Computer (called This PC in Windows 10), Control Panel, etc., you surely want to add the icons to the desktop. How To Fix Generic USB Drive Icon Bug In Windows 10. Now here we show how to display icons on the desktop in Windows 10. enfim.. fico no aguardo de uma resposta de vocês! Windows 10 20H2 update: New features for IT pros, Meet the hackers who earn millions for saving the web. Free USB icons! Obrigado. If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows 10, navigate to: If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows 10, navigate to: When you access the folder, locate and select these two files: They make up the USB Device Viewer tool, as shown in Figure D. Now, copy these two files to a folder of your choice. Way 3: Press Win + R to bring out the Run dialog. © 2020 ZDNET, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Chances are that you won't want to have the entire kit sitting around on your hard disk unnecessarily taking up space. * Insert the USB drive on a vacant port on your PC/laptop. As you can see, the tree shows which ports have devices connected to them and which don't. (If you want to see the level of detail for yourself, check out the USB in Windows - FAQ page in the Microsoft Hardware Dev Center.). On the Desktop Icons Settings, the Recycle Bin is generally checked by default. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. In Figure I, you can see that I've selected Port 4 on the first Open HCD host controller. Thanks! The information in the accompanying screen tells me that 1) it is a mass storage device, 2) it is an external port, 3) it supports multiple USB versions, 4) it is a USB 3.0 device, and 5) the vendor is SanDisk. by mfisher | Apr 20, 2016 | Articles | 10 comments. Arbitrarily pick one you like. Type desk.cpl ,,5 and press Enter. Here's a look at how you can use it to find out more about the USB ports in your system. Then you can hide or remove some displayed icons, or just pin them to Start or taskbar. You'll also notice that there are more host controllers, hubs, and ports shown in the tree than there appear to be in your system. Thank you. That also means that one physical port will be represented by multiple ports in the tree. Click on the arrow icon in front of this option to expand it. Sorry you’re having problems with your Cube4Nano, Selami. O pro drive 3 que veio no cd de instalação..alem de muito confuso não funciona direito e não é o mesmo programa que esta na imagem da caixa! How to Fix the USB Drive Icon Bug on Windows 10. Right click on the Generic USB Hub and choose Properties. Sorry you’re having trouble with your device, Juan. Of course, the way USB works in Windows is far more technically detailed than my simple description, but I think you get the idea. The procedure will take a few minutes to complete. This means that you'll need to download and install the Kit to get the tool. Before proceeding, make sure you have the custom icon in .ico format. Hence, it may seem to be a mass if too may icons showing on the desktop. In this article, I'll tell you where and how to get Microsoft's USB Device Viewer tool. There are three ways you can open Desktop Icon Settings. Greg Shultz is a freelance Technical Writer. * Select “File Explorer” option from the Windows 10 Taskbar. TechRepublic Premium: The best IT policies, templates, and tools, for today and tomorrow. You can also convert existing JPG or PNG images to ICO format. I CAN’T SOLVE THIS PROBLEMS ASAP. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. obrigado! If you don't have one, use websites like IconArchive to download one.