I knew I wanted to use onion and garlic, but adding raw onion to the food processor with the chickpeas and other ingredients would have added too much moisture. Scoop the batter out onto the tray in 4 even sections, roll in the flour and form into 4 balls. Lightly fry up the onion and garlic in some avocado oil (or other oil of your choice, I got a bit fancy with the avocado oil, I even bought some sesame oil, who knows what I’ll get next! ) And they look good right? It’s been only two days and I already want to make them again, haha. There’s a further step that is completely optional, and that is to place the burgers into the oven and bake for a further 30 mins. Take a square of parchment paper, place on top of each ball and press down on it with the bottom of a glass to flatten it into a burger shape. They are also freezer friendly! until perfectly browned! I’ve tried shop bought burgers and ‘meat alternative’ burgers, but these beat them all hands down! I didn’t fry them but only oven-baked for 40 minutes, turning halfway, and they were perfect, with no need to refrigerate beforehand. Then add them to the food processor with drained chickpeas, cilantro, a little flour and some spices. The favorite binder I tested for this recipe was Ener-G Egg Replacer. https://www.theblendergirl.com/recipe/vegetarian-spinach-chickpea-burgers Please read my disclosure policy. So it’s really an optional step if you have the time to do it or feel so inclined. ★☆ The last time I made them, I skipped the herbs and spices and added a tablespoon of dried dill. Chickpea & coriander burgers 142 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating High in fibre, low in fat and counting as 2 of your 5-a-day, this tasty veggie burger delivers on every level Comment Policy: Your feedback is really appreciated! Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ae17f5885c56967d434fb9b0673ac8f0" );document.getElementById("f18e97b801").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hi I’m Alison Andrews! About Me →, This post may contain affiliate links. until just before they start to brown. You can store them in the freezer for 1-2 months. They were a bit soft but delicious. Some avocado, lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard in a deliciously soft bun! The main ingredient of the egg … We will definitely make these part of our regular meal plan. First, freeze them by laying the cooled chickpea burgers on a baking sheet so they aren’t touching. Trying to lower the carb intake. *Prep time is only for the actual hands on prep, it doesn’t include time spent chilling in the fridge. Thanks! ★☆ What other type of flour can be used? Sounds awesome! We liked these but they were quite soft/mushy. I’m new to vegan eating so these are the first burgers I’ve made. *Nutritional information is for the chickpea burger patties only, without the burger buns and additions. Simply cook them and let cool completely before storing. So you need a bit of flexibility. Your email address will not be published. We served them on gluten-free pesto flatbread that I made. Will be making these often! Then you dust a baking tray with flour, dust your hands with flour too and form the chickpea burger batter into 4 balls. My husband and I loved your recipe. This vegan chickpea burgers recipe can store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. The burgers are delicious. After 30 minutes add 2 Tbsp avocado oil to a frying pan and heat up until hot. These burgers are so delicious. Rude or insulting comments will not be accepted. Of course I had to add cayenne pepper to spice it up. Updated Mar 21, 2019 / Published: Sep 22, 2016 / This post may contain affiliate links. Delicious and easy to make. You’ll get an awesome (free) recipe ebook, and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes! Thank you again! (P.S. Thanks! Hi I'm Alison Andrews, I'm the voice and cook behind Loving It Vegan and the author of Simple Vegan Dinner Recipes, a digital program created so that you always know the answer to: 'What's For Dinner?' I also baked them on a pizza stone with no oil at 400 degrees F for about 14 minutes on each side. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!! Any tips on how to get them to stay together better/be firmer? ★☆ What you’re going for here is nice and firm of course! I have also made using parsley when out of cilantro and they also work super well with that flavor!). If you need some tips, tricks, recipe substitutions and alternative cooking methods, I’d suggest reading through the comments for reader feedback. These classic vegan chickpea burgers, are one of those recipes.