Vegan Corn Fritters. Put the grated zucchini in a strainer and squeeze out as much liquid as you can out of it. When corn is not in season, I cook frozen sweet corn kernels according to freezer package instructions, then let cool down before adding to the fritter mixture. The goal is zucchini the size of hashbrown shreds or farm-style shredded cheese. Heat oil over medium heat in a large nonstick sauté pan. Thank you! Regarding the baking time, it depends on the size you make them but I think 15 minutes is fine. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and toss to combine. Pretty much any vegetable you like will do. But that’s great because I can use them for other recipes, like these zucchini corn fritters. So if you’re like me and maybe have any cooked potatoes leftover, it’s a perfect way to use them up. Braised Red Cabbage with Apples | Easy Recipe, Apple Crumble Pizza (German Streuseltaler). I love to cook and bake and want to share that passion with you. Stir together until well combined. Delicious and easy to make ? I love to cook and bake and want to share that passion with you. Resting Time 15 mins. I love your recipes ? And oh, by the way, they make a super yummy burger patty too! The perfect recipe for eating more veggies! Crispy, savory zucchini and corn fritters are vegan and easy to make. ¼ cup cornmeal. Even those who probably don’t eat that many veggies, haha! thank you, anthea, Hi Anthea, if you’d like to bake them, I suggest to brush or spray the fritters with oil before baking or they’ll be too dry. Some zucchinis are just juicier than others! We tried this recipe last weekend. However, they’ll still taste delicious the next day. I bet they were delicious with sweet potato! https://www.bundabergnow.com/2020/09/12/zucchini-sweet-corn-fritters Re-oil pan as needed if you find that they aren’t browning well. Start by preparing your veggies. https://ascensionkitchen.com/vegan-zucchini-and-corn-fritters Sauté for 3-4 … Gluten-free: Make gluten free by replacing all-purpose flour with a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend. Xoxo, Bianca <3. I’m Bianca, and welcome to my blog! Avoiding crumbly fritters: To avoid fritters falling apart, don’t flip them until completely browned. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop fritter batter, 1/4 cup at a time, onto the hot oil and flatten into a fritter that is about 3" around. Freezing: Although best enjoyed immediately, you can refrigerate or freeze for later. https://www.powerhungry.com/2015/08/chickpea-flour-zucchini-fritters Required fields are marked *. ? Canned corn can be used but make sure to remove excess liquid before adding to mixture. Smaller fritters are crispy sooner than larger ones. You can add a bit more flour or potato starch which helps to hold them together. Removing excess water from the zucchini is key to a crispy fritter. Lots of love, Bianca <3, So delicious and my two years old daughter loves it! Fry the zucchini corn fritters for about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown. Not only because vegetables are healthy, but also because they’re delicious. You can use up extra zucchini with these Vegan Zucchini Banana Muffins or Vegan Zucchini Bread. Fresh sweet corn can also be used. If you like this recipe, you may also like my potato cakes or potato fritters with mushrooms. Thank you for your feedback! So glad you enjoyed these fritters! If you’re looking for something savory, why not try out these Roasted Vegetable Gyros? ½ cup all-purpose flour. Depending on the size of the skillet, cook 4-5 fritters at a time. After 10 minutes, pat with a paper towel or clean hands to push excess water through the strainer. Optionally, you can also coat your veggie fritters with some breadcrumbs before frying until golden-brown and crispy. I often seem to cook extra food, so I usually end up with leftovers for the following days. Grate the zucchini, chop the broccoli and scallions, and mince the garlic. Vegan corn fritters are my new favorite food. Add the prepared veggies, a little flour, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast flakes. Well done , Hi Andrea, so glad you loved these zucchini corn fritters! I added a little Cajun seasoning to add a little spicy-ness ? This post contains affiliate links. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes for each side. Thank you for the recive ? Leave to … These Zucchini Corn Fritters are vegan veggie fritters which are healthy, delicious, gluten-free and very easy to make! Secondly, peel and mash the cooked potatoes. Anyways, I personally like adding more veggies, so I’ve added broccoli as well, but you can add any additional veggies you like. Also add chopped broccoli, corn, scallions, garlic, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, and pepper. Delicious with any name.